Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 22 Jun 18, 01:30 PM  
Link to this Post
mousefan
Apprentice Imagineer

September 1989 with 3 friends flying from Birmingham and having booked with Thomson. We stayed at Fantasy World Club Villas for 1 week and a condo in Indian Shores for a further 2 weeks. Fell in love with the whole place.

I did keep the brochure consisting of 35 pages with no mention of booking on site in those days.
mousefan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 18, 01:37 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by mousefan View Post
September 1989 with 3 friends flying from Birmingham and having booked with Thomson. We stayed at Fantasy World Club Villas for 1 week and a condo in Indian Shores for a further 2 weeks. Fell in love with the whole place.

I did keep the brochure consisting of 35 pages with no mention of booking on site in those days.
Mousefan

Have you read my post #45? What a coincidence. Did you pick up the keys for the condo from Hamlins Landing by any chance and was this the condo? Two separate buildings on either side of the road near the crazy golf.

Mick
Old 22 Jun 18, 01:37 PM  
Link to this Post
mousefan
Apprentice Imagineer

Here’s some of the pages from the brochure we booked with/

mousefan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 18, 01:42 PM  
Link to this Post
mousefan
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Mousefan

Have you read my post #45? What a coincidence. Did you pick up the keys for the condo from Hamlins Landing by any chance and was this the condo? Two separate buildings on either side of the road near the crazy golf.

Mick
Yes we did and that's the condo. I do remember now having to stop to refuel too. 'It's a Small World'
Old 22 Jun 18, 01:49 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Yes we did and that's the condo. I do remember now having to stop to refuel too. 'It's a Small World'
These should evoke some memories hopefully.

White Buick Skylark at Fantasy World.

We were on the top floor

Mick
Old 22 Jun 18, 01:56 PM  
Link to this Post
buryboy
Imagineer

The first holiday we booked to Florida wasn't the first we went on !
We booked early 1996 for our wedding at Cypress Gardens for April 1997

We had a fortnight booked off work in June 1996 and went to the travel agent a couple of weeks before armed with a budget and an expectation of a fortnight somewhere on the med.
Only to be told , I can get you to Florida , including flight and hotel for £149pp :-)

It would have been rude not to :-)
. It was on I-Drive , pretty sure it was Howard Johnson.
We did Disney and Universal from memory , plus KSC, Church Street Station ( I still have the plastic cup the drink came in ) and Silver Springs

Happy days
Our MOST ANNOYING trip to Tenerife February 2018 ( an homage to infamous dibb threads
buryboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 18, 02:11 PM  
Link to this Post
mousefan
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by mick View Post
These should evoke some memories hopefully.

White Buick Skylark at Fantasy World.

We were on the top floor

Mick
They do. We were on the second floor. The condo was amazing at the time. I'd never encountered a garbage disposal unit or dishwasher before

We loved Disney World so much we did spend most of the Indian Shores stay driving all the way back to Orlando to go to the parks each day.
Old 22 Jun 18, 02:47 PM  
Link to this Post
frankb
Getting Excited

1990 Caledonian flight via Bangor, Maine. Searched for our hotel on the 192 for ages. Kissimmee Oaks was the name. Pulled in to a big motel car park to ask for help only to see a big broken sign for Kissimmee Oaks stuck behind a tree. Our hotel had turned into Econolodge Maingate East. Thankfully they honoured the booking! A wonderful two weeks followed- the first of many
frankb is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 18, 05:18 PM  
Link to this Post
batleyboy26
Imagineer

September -1991

Me (24), DH (24), my sister (20) and her BF (at the time aged (20).

We flew out British Caledonian from MAN with a refuelling stop in Bangor, Maine. We got lost on our way to our villa way out at Buenaventura Lakes (head east along Osceola Parkway and where there is the junction with S. Orange Blossom trail you go straight across and on a further few miles). Osceola Parkway did not exist in those days so it too us a good 40 mins in a morning to get to the parks as we had to go down S. Orange Blossom Trail then right on to Us192 until we reached signs that said Disney!

There was no AK, BB or IOA. There wasn’t the multi storey at USF - just a normal car park with the trams to the entrance the same as the Disney parks. It cost $4 per day to park.

I remember having breakfast in a restaurant where Electric Fountain is now and although it was a QS restaurant, characters were wandering around. The cable car ride was in MK along with 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea.

Ponderosa was our favourite restaurant - we’d never seen anything like it before! All that food!

Pleasure Island was out for us that year as my sister and her BF weren’t old enough but we were too tired to do anything at night anyway.

I’d taken clothes to go out in at night and on the first night went out dressed to kill and quickly realised that is not (generally) how you dress to go out on an evening over there.
1991 - Buenaventura Lakes Villa;1992 - Hawaiian Econolodge; 1993 - DLP, Sequoia Lodge; 1998 - DLP - Cheyenne; 2000 - Buenaventura Lakes Villa; 2004 - Oak Plantation Resort; 2006 - Holiday Inn Sunspree; 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 & 2019 - Bahama Bay
batleyboy26 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 18, 05:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Maxymoo
Excited about Disney

Easter I think in 1986- my mum, step dad, me(15) brother (12)

upto then our holidays had been camping due to v little money- my step dad was in the airforce and was stationed in Washington DC for 2 yrs. The first holiday there (my brother and I were in boarding school) we drove down to WDW. due to finances we camped on a marine corp base in a small tent also with our dog! I remember being woken up every am to hundreds of soldiers running past chanting their chant!
we did Mk, epcot - the dog stayed int he kennels. I remember going on submarine ride first- we were there at rope drop and rushed to the back of the park, space mountain- we queued for 2 hrs! my dad said before he got on " it can't be worse than going in a harrier!" and all I can remember is being right at the front and him shoutin it worse than a harrier! we had never been on a rollercoaster before and were petrified. we also persuaded my mum(doesn't do fast rides) do go on thunder mountain as it was just a train- she still remembers and goes on about it now! also remember COP and laughing because my granny was still using several items from the "past" section.
epcot- I remember going up in big golf ball and being amazed and my best memory was seeing pineapples growing in land ride. I make my children visit them every time we have been back!
we could only afford 1 meal out so wet to the Mexican in epcot- we had never had Mexican food before.
we also went to the studios- my brother and I went on our own as there was no kennel for the dog (and I suspect to save on ticket money) I have a pic of my brother by the back to the future car and remember a stunt show.
it was v hot and I think we got v little sleep in the tent but had a great time and if we hadn't been posted to Washington there would have been no way we would ever have got to go as children.
Maxymoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List