Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 12 May 17, 08:43 PM  
Link to this Post
EJSakaAnna
Imagineer

Great start, I love your holiday nails x
EJSakaAnna is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 17, 08:56 PM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Mobile

Glad you got to relax at the end. Girls are looking a lot older.
dixonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 17, 09:53 AM  
Link to this Post
OllieT
Imagineer

OllieT's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
The twists and turns in your pre trippie! 😳
Interseting trippie title, have subscribed, Looking forward to the rest of the tale 🙂
Old 13 May 17, 10:05 AM  
Link to this Post
margyloveswdw
Deck 4, Disney Wonder

margyloveswdw's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Great start once the stress levels started reducing! Loving the nails.
margyloveswdw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 17, 07:44 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

I love the Sofitel at Heathrow! I'd stayed there a couple of times (for work) before ever staying at the LGW Sofitel, and that was such a disappointment in comparison

Your room is amazing

You did well with your picnic, the T5 landside options are a bit...limited!

Looking forward to the next instalment
Old 13 May 17, 07:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Zomax25
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Oh great a lovely new trippie to read! Looks like a lovely hotel. Our flight is in the afternoon this year so no need for a hotel at the airport unfortunately!
Zomax25 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 17, 03:58 PM  
Link to this Post
moosha
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Disneycraft View Post
Lovely pre travel day .i always make journals for the kids too ,they do them for about 3 days then stop
Thanks for reading and commenting . I know, it's a pain when the kids give up on the journals...mine were actually better at filling them in when they were little than they are now. But knowing how time consuming doing notes for a trip report is, I can't really blame them .

Originally Posted by curlywurly View Post
great start, looking forward to the rest
Thanks for reading and commenting, Janice .

Originally Posted by PumpkinKitty View Post
Great start 😊
What a beautiful view, you just can't pay enough for a view like that 😂
I'm actually sick of the sight of those Tsum tsum top trumps , we bought some for DD for her birthday last month and she makes us play it EVERY NIGHT! I'm still debating whether we should give her the Shopkins ones we bought as one of the surprises for her flight bag 😆
Thanks for reading and commenting, Lauren . Yep, really impressed with the view at the Sofitel...the best of all five hotels we stayed in during the trip .

How funny about your daughter's attachment to the Top Trumps...good luck with the Shopkins ones .

Originally Posted by Sparksy72 View Post
What a great start, the hotel looks lovely and it's even nicer when you can access the club level snacks! We love an M &S picnic, you were very restrained 😊
Thanks for reading and commenting. Yep, the Sofitel is really lovely and those snacks and drinks were a real bonus.

I'm amazed how restrained we were with the M&S picnic...I guess I was thinking about all the naughty treats on offer once we got to Florida and thought we should be good .

Originally Posted by Excited6910 View Post
Great hotel room! DH priced up the sofitel but we chose another instead. I love your nails too
Thanks for reading and commenting, Katie. I'd recommend the Sofitel if you go back to Heathrow. Glad you like the nails .
moosha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 17, 04:05 PM  
Link to this Post
moosha
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by The Fatadder View Post
Its been a while since I last took an early flight out of Heathrow, and I'd forgotten just how much nicer it is than the one at Gatwick! That said, with the exception of the BA lounge everything at Terminal 5 is nicer than Gatwick!

Looking forward to the trip getting to Florida, Even though I think it will be a few more years until we manage to have a Florida trip which escapes from the Disney / Universal bubble. So its great to see more of Florida at least in trip report form!
Thanks for reading and commenting, Rich. Yep, you're right - Terminal 5 (and most of Heathrow actually IMO) beats Gatwick.

I'm hoping we'll see a bit more of Florida ourselves next year, briefly visiting Miami whetted our appetite for visiting some of the other beach areas in FL. The pull of Disney / Universal is so strong though .

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Great pre travel day your room looks lovely

Joan
Thank you Joan, it really was a lovely room (and hotel) .

Originally Posted by Twinklestar1 View Post
Long and busy day - alcohol required!

Sofitel looks fab!
Thanks for reading and commenting, Katie. Yep it was a long (and stressful) day and those drinks were definitely deserved .

Would definitely recommend the Sofitel.

Originally Posted by EJSakaAnna View Post
Great start, I love your holiday nails x
Thanks for reading and commenting. I was really pleased with my nails thanks .
moosha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 17, 04:12 PM  
Link to this Post
moosha
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by dixonsontour View Post
Glad you got to relax at the end. Girls are looking a lot older.
Thanks for reading and commenting, Stephanie . I know, they grow up so quickly .

Originally Posted by OllieT View Post
The twists and turns in your pre trippie! 😳
Interseting trippie title, have subscribed, Looking forward to the rest of the tale 🙂
Thank you Olivia...I know, I can't even keep up with how many twist and turns there were in the two years leading up to this trip .

Love a bit of alliteration, and looking forward to explaining the title as the report unfolds .

Originally Posted by margyloveswdw View Post
Great start once the stress levels started reducing! Loving the nails.
Thanks for reading and commenting. Glad to hear you like the nails too .

Originally Posted by KarenG View Post
I love the Sofitel at Heathrow! I'd stayed there a couple of times (for work) before ever staying at the LGW Sofitel, and that was such a disappointment in comparison

Your room is amazing

You did well with your picnic, the T5 landside options are a bit...limited!

Looking forward to the next instalment
Thanks for reading and commenting, Karen .

Yep, I'd imagine the Gatwick Sofitel was a disappointment after the Heathrow one . We did it the other way around luckily so were pleasantly surprised when we first checked into the LHR one .

The picnic really did hit the spot, and was just what we needed .

Originally Posted by Zomax25 View Post
Oh great a lovely new trippie to read! Looks like a lovely hotel. Our flight is in the afternoon this year so no need for a hotel at the airport unfortunately!
Thanks for reading and commenting. Oh that's a shame, I do love an airport stay the night before...knowing there's nothing else to do now other than relax .
Old 17 May 17, 04:38 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

I am incredibly alarmed over your fear that you hadn't planned enough . Are you a Muggle!?

I think you captured the stress of pre-travel day very well. I am always on edge and snappy, and am probably not as gracious as you about it. Up until you actually arrive at the airport it's impossible to relax.

We really like Accor hotel family.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List