Notices

Old 11 Sep 17, 03:41 PM  
Link to this Post
DJStu89
A Guest at All-Stars

Thanks all for your kind words and well wishes!

We are currently scouring dozens of websites and ebay/facebook/gumtree to try and find somewhere.

It appears that we may have got a bit of a bargain on our original villa without realising it. We paid £700 for two weeks for a pool villa. Not sure if that budget is going to get us any replacement at this short notice!
DJStu89 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 17, 03:49 PM  
Link to this Post
JanetteP
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DJStu89 View Post
Thanks all for your kind words and well wishes!

We are currently scouring dozens of websites and ebay/facebook/gumtree to try and find somewhere.

It appears that we may have got a bit of a bargain on our original villa without realising it. We paid £700 for two weeks for a pool villa. Not sure if that budget is going to get us any replacement at this short notice!
Wow - that was a bargain, I think you'll be lucky to get 1 week for £700. vr360floridavillas are showing some availability for your dates, if you haven't already tried there.

Janette
Dreamy Corner June 23, Potter’s Villa May 22, Shamu Villa Sep 22,AKL, HRH Lakeside Haven Sep 19, Lakeside Haven RPR May 19. White Blossom & Viburnum Villa Aug 18. SSR, Aurora Villa May 18. Kidani, RPR Champion Florida Villa 17, Staybridge Suites, White Blossom & Owens Villa 16 OKW, Champion Florida Villa & RPR 16, Magic Landings 15, Grand Reserve & HRH 2014, Tuscan Pines 12, Highgrove 09, Legacy Park 07, Indian Point 06 and 05, Florida Pines 04
Graduation Trip 2019
+ Trip Report 2018
JanetteP is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 17, 03:49 PM  
Link to this Post
mattybully
Earning More Ears

Mobile

Hey there

Just waiting to hear back from our villa owners on damage etc but they also manage the one next door to us that is empty. They charge us 100 dollars a day so will be over your budget but happy to speak with them
mattybully is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 17, 03:56 PM  
Link to this Post
nordictat2girl
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by mattybully View Post
Hey there

Just waiting to hear back from our villa owners on damage etc but they also manage the one next door to us that is empty. They charge us 100 dollars a day so will be over your budget but happy to speak with them
That is nice of you...playing it forward.
Most of the Dibbers are such a friendly, lovely bunch!
West Coast road trip 2018 (CO,CA,MT,ID,WA,OR,NV,UT) Yellowstone/Yosemite
Alabama, Florida & New Orleans - May 19
nordictat2girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 17, 03:57 PM  
Link to this Post
grottyrotty
Imagineer

Yes, it's frustrating not knowing what has happened with the villas that we were all looking forward to spending our holidays in, and hoping that we can still go.

The OP is luckier than most in that he's already been given the news, albeit it wasn't what he wanted to hear. At least he has a head start on finding alternative accommodation.

But spare a thought for the poor owners too. They are likely to be as in the dark as much as we are, probably sat in the UK waiting anxiously for their management company to get around to their property to assess if there's any damage, then updating individual owners and taking instructions on what to do in the event of damage. They will also no doubt be in touch with their insurers to get damage assessed and work/repairs sanctioned. Plus all the workmen available can't, with the best will in the world, get every villa repaired this week.

Anxious times all round. Villa owners won't be able to point people in the directions of alternative accommodation because they won't know what's escaped damage and available at this stage.

Deb
Old 11 Sep 17, 03:58 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Originally Posted by JanetteParker View Post
Wow - that was a bargain, I think you'll be lucky to get 1 week for £700. vr360floridavillas are showing some availability for your dates, if you haven't already tried there.
Glad it's not just me because the prices on that website is very much on the high side.
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 17, 04:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Pussycat Doll
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Originally Posted by DJStu89 View Post
We were staying on Windwood Drive which is just off the 192 near the Medieval Knights Dinner Show.

I've had a reply from one owner saying the following which is a bit concerning:

"Hi, and thanks for your message.
Luckily, we have escaped the main devastation as we are on the east side of Disney/attractions, but the popular tourist villa areas of Davenport and around the 27 (to the West and South) have been really hit hard.
We are fully booked until October, so can not accommodate you i am afraid. Most management companies have already released notices saying that they are not taking anymore bookings until the situation is fully assessed, as they have renters who cant get home and others where they need to be moved due to damage.
It will probably take a few weeks to sort the area out, even the main parks are closed until at least Wednesday, and a curfew exists until 6pm local time tonight.
Hopefully something may become available, but I think you may have bit of a lottery at the moment.
Sorry I could not help more."
Just so you know someone is scaremongering! Yes Davenport, Clermont etc have been hit but so far, after speaking to loads of owners, the worst things I've heard are pool screens out and a few roof shingles off. My neighbour has half a tree down and I do know an owner who has lost one side of the pool cage but I can promise you it is far from devastation!
Pussycat Doll is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 17, 04:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Pussycat Doll
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
And the parks are open tomorrow!
Pussycat Doll is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 17, 04:19 PM  
Link to this Post
mattybully
Earning More Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by nordictat2girl View Post
That is nice of you...playing it forward.
Most of the Dibbers are such a friendly, lovely bunch!
I'm paying back at this moment in time thanks to other dibbers!
mattybully is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 17, 04:21 PM  
Link to this Post
DJStu89
A Guest at All-Stars

Originally Posted by Pussycat Doll View Post
Just so you know someone is scaremongering! Yes Davenport, Clermont etc have been hit but so far, after speaking to loads of owners, the worst things I've heard are pool screens out and a few roof shingles off. My neighbour has half a tree down and I do know an owner who has lost one side of the pool cage but I can promise you it is far from devastation!
I must confess I was a little surprised when I got the e-mail from our villa owner saying that the property was damaged that badly.

They have said they are going to send me some photos of the damage, but I haven't received anything yet.

But, I guess if the pool screen frame was a little loose already, a Cat 1 hurricane would be enough to bring it down; smashing windows along the way.
DJStu89 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List