Notices

Old 11 Sep 17, 04:24 PM  
Link to this Post
nordictat2girl
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Pussycat Doll View Post
Just so you know someone is scaremongering! Yes Davenport, Clermont etc have been hit but so far, after speaking to loads of owners, the worst things I've heard are pool screens out and a few roof shingles off. My neighbour has half a tree down and I do know an owner who has lost one side of the pool cage but I can promise you it is far from devastation!
That gives me hope. Thanks for that Pussycat.
Was actually looking at where power is down. High Grove and around there still have power but it seems east of them..alot of power out. Was thinking it might of been a Tornado than Irma that did that?

I was worried of course but after seeing this thread..panic started moving in.
West Coast road trip 2018 (CO,CA,MT,ID,WA,OR,NV,UT) Yellowstone/Yosemite
Alabama, Florida & New Orleans - May 19
nordictat2girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 17, 04:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Welshjim22
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Just so you know someone is scaremongering! Yes Davenport, Clermont etc have been hit but so far, after speaking to loads of owners, the worst things I've heard are pool screens out and a few roof shingles off. My neighbour has half a tree down and I do know an owner who has lost one side of the pool cage but I can promise you it is far from devastation!
We stay at Orange lake resort on the west side of 192 towards the 27 opposite and their FB page said some flooding but no extensive damage.
Welshjim22 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 17, 04:31 PM  
Link to this Post
DJStu89
A Guest at All-Stars

Originally Posted by mattybully View Post
Hey there

Just waiting to hear back from our villa owners on damage etc but they also manage the one next door to us that is empty. They charge us 100 dollars a day so will be over your budget but happy to speak with them
Hi,

If you could pass on my e-mail address to them I would be very grateful! StuBowman89@gmail.com

Thanks for your kind offer
DJStu89 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 17, 04:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Mpet
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by nordictat2girl View Post
We check into High Grove at the end of the month and waiting to hear from our owner if there was any damage to their villa.
We're at High Grove now. Just had a walk around and the villas themselves seem undamaged. The general damage is pool screening turns and a few branches and small trees down - nothing too serious.
Mpet is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 17, 04:41 PM  
Link to this Post
soooexcited!
Imagineer

soooexcited!'s Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Have you paid in full? Have they issued a refund with the money in your account. £700 is really cheap for 2 weeks. When I get home I will check the villa we last stayed in but it may be too big as it was a 4 bed.
Old 11 Sep 17, 04:42 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Thanks for the info. We are staying at the shires west haven this week fingers crossed (should have been there today). If the pool screen is damaged I guess it would be a bit uncomfortable being around/in the pool with the bugs, but I noticed Tim Tracker doesn't have a pool screen on his pool in Orlando so maybe it's not that bad?
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 17, 04:50 PM  
Link to this Post
RickT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mpet View Post
We're at High Grove now. Just had a walk around and the villas themselves seem undamaged. The general damage is pool screening turns and a few branches and small trees down - nothing too serious.
Do owners have any form of code of conduct or any professional checks required before customers are allowed back in ?

i guess it could take weeks to get someone out to fix the screens when you think about how many damaged they would be...
Las Vegas 18 - Florida 18 -Holland 18 -Bratislava 18 -Florida 17 -Holland 17 -Rhodes 17 - Kos 17 - France 16-Belgium 16-Holland 16-Germany 16-Sopot Poland 15-Kos 15-DLP SQL 15-Hampton Lakes 14-Hamburg 14- Berlin 13-WestRidge Villas 12-Krakow 12-France 11-Turkey 11-Germany 10-Marbella 10-Jamaica 09-Dublin 09-Dublin 08-Paris 08-Zante Villa 08-Egypt 2008-Rhodes 2008-Sweden 08-Norway 08-Rhodes 07- Huatulco Mexico 07-DLP Magic Circus 2007-Dublin 2007-Sweden 07-Greece 06/05/04-Barcelona 04-Rhodes 02
RickT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 17, 04:50 PM  
Link to this Post
mattybully
Earning More Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by Mpet View Post
Is there still power up there. We are next estate down on legacy drive but can't get out the hotel yet?
mattybully is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 17, 04:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisbon
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Our home on High Grove seems to still have power. I've checked the air con which is still ok and our phone rings.
Owners will find it hard to get specific information at the moment because of various curfews.
Rob
Lisbon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 17, 04:56 PM  
Link to this Post

we are at Windsor hills at the moment and apart from pool screen mesh damage everything seems to be in full working order . There appears to be quite a few empty villas so if you don't get anything sorted the management company who deals with a lot here may be worth contacting

Global Resort Homes tel 407 387 3030

theglobalsite.com
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List