Notices

Old 19 Sep 17, 07:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Mia_
slightly serious Dibber

Honestly this will annoy me too! Obviously the op is upset about not being able to visit KSC, not the 10 usd.

If your flight is cancelled, would you not be annoyed if travel agent asks for cancellation fee?

It's not big deal in the scale of things but it isn't good customer service either.

Edited at 07:50 AM.
Mia_ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 17, 07:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Bayshore
Imagineer

Bayshore's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 5
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Contact KSC and see if they'll extend the expiry date to your next holiday.
Bayshore is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 17, 08:34 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

I think on the whole the tourist areas got off very lightly and resources were diverted into restoring power , water and clearing up to these areas first. I have friends who live in Lakeland , not far from Orlando, they were without power for a week. Referring to it as "a bit of wind" and grumbling about a tenner really is a bit of a reality disconnect.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 17, 08:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I would be hacked off too as you didnt cancel, lets not go on about him making light of it, I said when we had Hermine more wind from my sons than the storm. I was still concerned about the trouble it caused, go through resolver and ask for a full refund. It escalates it to the top and hopefully you should get a refund, you might even get a credit for for something else.
Old 19 Sep 17, 09:06 AM  
Link to this Post
thatdavieguy
Imagineer

I can understand your frustration, you didn't cancel your trip & it wasn't cancelled by KSC either it was postponed until it was safe for you to visit...however, if you are unable to make it when it reopens, as is the case, if you choose to ask for a refund then they will invoke their T&C's unfortunately...the charge for cancellation could be coming from KSC's ticket T&C and they are passing it on or it could be their own T&C.

Why not speak to them about an option to have the trip on your next visit to avoid the charge, these places are a lot more flexible than you'd imagine, especially given the circumstances, so the ticket seller may have that option..failing that go straight to KSC and ask as the ticket seller may not have the flexibility that KSC will have directly

Edited at 09:07 AM.
thatdavieguy is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 17, 09:10 AM  
Link to this Post
dismadbrit
Imagineer

dismadbrit's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 13
Originally Posted by Pearlygatesuk View Post
So, we're back from Orlando now.

We were due to go to Kennedy Space Centre on 9th September. KSC ended up closing early and transport was cancelled because of a bit of wind they called Irma

Anyway, we rescheduled for the Wednesday and although KSC can launch a space rocket, they seemingly can't protect their water pipes which meant they were closed from Irmas arrival until Friday, i'll give you one guess what day our flight home was!

Anyway, Orlando Attraction Tickets are offering a refund minus a cancellation fee of £10 each. Its insulting enough that we weren't able to go to KSC but then to be slapped with a cancellation fee for something WE didn't cancel has properly irked me.

Anyone else with similar experiences? Feel free to make me feel better
To be honest I'd just take the refund and be thankful... I'm not going to say anymore.
Old 19 Sep 17, 12:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Pearlygatesuk
Trading Disney Pins

My use of the term "a bit of wind" was badly thought out and I apologise unreservedly for any offence caused. Thanks for your comments one and all. I have asked Orlando Attraction Tickets for a full refund but if I don't get it, only being charged £20 is not the earth.

Hope Maria turns and heads in a different direction soon :-(
Pearlygatesuk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 17, 01:54 PM  
Link to this Post
force ten
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 3
another silly post made before thinking about what you were actually typing

Orlando is inland and whilst it was hit by the force of the storm it got away relatively lightly in terms of collateral damage, some building damage wide spread power outages and some localised flooding but the coast where the space centre is located is an entirely different situation

was the problem with the water due to a power outage at a treatment works so beyond the control of KSC, many people along the east coast have water but it is boil before you drink, the Kennedy space centre is in danger from rising sea levels as it is and any storm surge will just flood the area and cause major problems before reopening

I fully agree that you should get a full refund for your tickets and to charge you the admin charge sucks and i hope you get the full refund you deserve but but you need to think what you are actually writing before you post in future

Edited at 01:57 PM.
force ten is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 17, 02:01 PM  
Link to this Post
amandajane10
Imagineer

amandajane10's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by force ten View Post
another silly post made before thinking about what you were actually typing

Orlando is inland and whilst it was hit by the force of the storm it got away relatively lightly in terms of collateral damage, some building damage wide spread power outages and some localised flooding but the coast where the space centre is located is an entirely different situation

was the problem with the water due to a power outage at a treatment works so beyond the control of KSC, many people along the east coast have water but it is boil before you drink, the Kennedy space centre is in danger from rising sea levels as it is and any storm surge will just flood the area and cause major problems before reopening

I fully agree that you should get a full refund for your tickets and to charge you the admin charge sucks and i hope you get the full refund you deserve but but you need to think what you are actually writing before you post in future
Fully agree with this.
Villa Holiday May 2018
Planning Easter 2020
amandajane10 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 17, 02:05 PM  
Link to this Post

I think Orlando Attractions were beyond stellar giving you a refund at all, to be honest with you.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List