Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 30 Jan 18, 11:23 AM  
Link to this Post
cra1gyp
Imagineer

BA/AVIS insurances

Just booked our Florida holiday through BA again including Avis car.
In the past LDW and ALI have always been included. This year however when i booked BA said LDW, TPL(third party liabiliy) was included which is fine.
I checked the booking on the Avis website and no mention of anything other than LDW and state taxes and charges, no ALI or TPL not even an option.
Has anything changed since 2016(our last visit). I find this strange.
cra1gyp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jan 18, 12:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Gemsie0812
Very Serious Dibber

Gemsie0812's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Hi ya

I don't think it has we did the same in November and I called them and double checked - I would recommend doing the same, just in case?
WC 2013,2020
Gemsie0812 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jan 18, 01:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
OP. The BA car hire only and their Flydrives both contain the requisite insurances. I would be amazed if the holiday ones dont. Have you 'hovered' on what's included by doing a dummy booking for what you have booked?

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976

Edited at 05:13 PM. Reason: Spelling
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jan 18, 04:11 PM  
Link to this Post
cra1gyp
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
OP. The BA car hire only and thier Flydrives both contain the requisiter insurances. I would be amazed if the holiday ones done. Have you 'hovered' on what's included by doing a dummy booking for what you have booked?
Yes, the hire voucher has everything I would expect. Tpl is there, I assume is the same as ALI. On Avis site there is no mention of either on my booking.
cra1gyp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jan 18, 11:44 PM  
Link to this Post
cra1gyp
Imagineer

Anybody else with a Ba/Avis booking noticed this?
Old 31 Jan 18, 08:27 PM  
Link to this Post
magicofflorida
Very Serious Dibber

magicofflorida's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Does Avis include the basic roadside assistance as well?
magicofflorida is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 18, 11:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Warkman58
Imagineer

My voucher for this year

Essential Information
Collision Damage Waiver (CDW) and (TP) Theft Protection:

Please note that CDW may not be included for all car types, please check Inclusions before bookings.

CDW and TP are always subject to an excess which will be pre-authorised, but not debited, from the driver's credit card up on collection of the vehicle. In the event of any damage to the vehicle, the full value of the excess is charged to the credit card. Where the repair costs are less than the excess, the difference will be refunded. Excess amounts vary by rental location, please contact us for details.

Excess:

The car voucher shows what is included and not included in the rate. If CDW (or LDW in some countries) does not appear in the Inclusions section, it is NOT included. It does not always appear under the Exclusions section. If you are unsure please contact us. Where prices do not include CDW the renter must either purchase CDW locally or provide proof of own coverage. The excess always applies and may be up to the full value of the car. You may purchase additional insurance locally to reduce or remove the excess amount.

CDW Exclusions

CDW Exclusions do apply. Typically items such as tyres, glass, mirrors, roof and/or undercarriage are excluded from cover where damage is the result of a breach of rental terms. Please check your Rental Agreement for more information when collecting your vehicle.

Driver's licence:

A full driving licence will need to be held for a minimum of one year. An international driving licence is required for licences in non-roman alphabet. UK licence holders will need to take their Photocard Licence but do not need to take its paper counterpart. Licence holders with only a Paper Licence need to take it. Avis do not require the DVLA's 'Share Driving Licence' on line code or a downloaded summary of the driving licence record. They will require the customer to consent to their licence records being accessed as needed. Licence endorsements may exclude a driver from renting a vehicle, please check prior to booking. All non US citizens must present a valid, up to date Passport at time of rental.

Unpaved Roads

Avis Cars are not to be driven on unpaved roads (like gravel, dirt, etc).

Security deposit:

A credit card in the name of the driver and any additional drivers is mandatory for all Avis car hire, it is swiped or imprinted and authorisation is obtained to the value of $100 plus any extras you request and pay for at the time of pick-up (the renter's available to spend is reduced by the authorised value). If you have booked a flight and car package, the rental charge will not be visible. Please contact us if you require an estimate prior to arrival. Amex, Diners, Visa and Mastercard are accepted. Debit cards, cash, Travelex cash passports and cheques are NOT accepted.

Please contact us at time of booking to check requirements for larger car groups or premium cars .

Fuel:

The car is provided with a full tank of fuel. The car must be returned full to avoid paying a refuelling charge. A fuel service option may be offered at the counter, please check at time of car collection.

Your car rental voucher:

Please take a moment to look at what inclusions are shown on the voucher. All mandatory charges have been included.

Please check carefully the Rental Agreement prior to signing when collecting a car and ask an Avis Agent to explain anything you do not understand. Any additional items you have signed for will not be refunded post rental. Rental Agreements in other languages may be available, please ask before signing for any unfamiliar items on an agreement. Please note the maximum rental agreement length is 30 days therefore if your duration is over 30 days you will be asked to sign additional rental agreements at the depot. Rentals over 59 days would require a return to the depot to sign any additional agreements.

Before you leave the rental station, ensure any damage to the vehicle is shown on your rental agreement, should there be any damage that is not shown, advise an Avis Agent and ensure it is added to your documentation.

Additional charges:

Child seats, GPS, additional drivers, excess reduction, ski racks, winter tyres/equipment, additional insurances, under-age drivers and, in some cases, fuel. If you're planning to take your car into another country restrictions may apply, please enquire prior to rental.

Optional extras:

The following are examples of optional, non-mandatory charges which you may want to take out to increase your protection:- PAI (Personal Accident Insurance), PEP (Personal Effects Protection), ESP (Emergency Sickness Protection), Extended Roadside Assistance/Roadside Assistance Plus.

Extended Roadside Assistance/Roadside Assistance Plus

Please note that whilst “Roadside Assistance” is included in your rate, this covers standard breakdowns only. Cover for non-mechanical issues are not included, e.g. lost keys, lockouts, tyre assistance, jump starts and emergency fuel delivery. Extended Roadside Assistance/Roadside Assistance Plus should be paid for at the depot.

e-Tolls.

Avis offers an e-Toll service, maximum of $ 19.75 per month, plus any Toll charges and penalties (billing may not show until 4-8 weeks after rental). Not all Toll roads have the option to pay cash and e-Toll service will activate on these roads. Please ask for details at the depot.

These additional charges and optional extras are payable to Avis at the depot up on car collection, and are subject to local taxes and surcharges. You’ll enter into a separate contract with Avis for these optional items, this contract will have its own T&Cs. Please ask Avis to explain any charges, taxes and surcharges before accepting them.

British Airways Executive Club and Iberia Plus members receive 1 free additional driver per rental. Executive Club/Iberia Plus card number must be added at time of booking and card shown at the depot. Additional driver details do not need to be entered as part of your booking. Additional driver does not have to be an Executive Club or Iberia Plus member and the driver details are advised directly to Avis at the depot where they must present a full driving licence and credit card in their name. Age restrictions may apply, for more information, please contact us. Non-Executive Club and non-Iberia Plus members are charged for additional drivers at the depot.

Minimum Rental Age:

Minimum rental age is 21 years. Young drivers surcharge applies to drivers between 21-24 years. Additional drivers minimum rental age is 25 years.

Booking Flights and Car Rental at Airport Locations.

If you have a separate flight booking, we recommend you contact us prior to travel to provide Avis with your flight details. In the unlikely event that your flight is delayed, please contact us and advise your amended flight arrival time.

Inclusions

Customer Facility FeeState SurchargeTire & Battery FeeVeh. License FeeThird Party Liability (TPL)Collision Damage Waiver (CDW)Unlimited Mileage

Exclusions

$10.00 Extension Fee May Apply$10.00 Late Fee May Apply No Show Fee Will ApplyXl 24 Hours Prior To Pu To Avoid Ns Fee

Booking Conditions
Villa Formosa Gardens, Flights BA/Aer Lingus
20th August 2016 to 3rd September 2016,
Warkman58 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 18, 11:24 PM  
Link to this Post
cra1gyp
Imagineer

That's the same as my voucher. When you check booking on Avis site it doesn't mention TPL. But it does say excess is $0. Which is correct because phoned them once before when I read the voucher.
Old 1 Feb 18, 02:43 PM  
Link to this Post
aly67
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Having a slight panic about this now.

Now I was assuming I'm fly/drive but we did have a 2 night booking for RPR on ours which makes me wonder if it is called as a holiday?

Mine is the same as Warkman58 except under Inclusions it says this.

STATE SURCHARGE TIRE & BATTERY FEE VEH. LICENSE FEE CUSTOMER FACILITY FEE Additional Liability Insurance (ALI)Collision Damage Waiver (CDW)Unlimited Mileage
aly67 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Feb 18, 05:17 PM  
Link to this Post
cra1gyp
Imagineer

Originally Posted by aly67 View Post
Having a slight panic about this now.

Now I was assuming I'm fly/drive but we did have a 2 night booking for RPR on ours which makes me wonder if it is called as a holiday?

Mine is the same as Warkman58 except under Inclusions it says this.

STATE SURCHARGE TIRE & BATTERY FEE VEH. LICENSE FEE CUSTOMER FACILITY FEE Additional Liability Insurance (ALI)Collision Damage Waiver (CDW)Unlimited Mileage
Have a look at your booking on the Avis site and see what it includes, it should be the same.