Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 4 Feb 18, 11:15 PM  
Link to this Post
bigshaz
booked again yippee

Aug 17 Cheeseballs, Chipmunks, Chunder and Chaps in Uniform - Day 13 Busch Gardens and Yachtsman

Aug 17 Cheeseballs, Chipmunks, Chunder and Chaps in Uniform - Day 13 Busch Gardens and Yachtsman

Disney steps 18,381 7.06 miles

Car packed and on road by 8.45 after some very interesting conversations about leaving a drink behind the bar for Wizzo and Lynne and the girls to say thank you for all the trip reports, they had given us so many ideas and St Pete’s and Bongos was the best. We were gutted not to have been able to buy the drinks in person and share but there will be more opportunities.
So imagine us trying to have a conversation at reception that went along the lines of - we’d like to leave a gift card behind the desk for someone booking in on this date called Paul, no we don’t know his surname, he’s from the UK, yes we know you can’t give us his surname we don’t want it we just want to leave this for him. Eventually they thought they had worked out which Paul, and so we left an envelope which can be seen on Wizzo’s Twitter (Paul off of the Dibb) with the code word : The Dibb 😂. see here They thought we were bloody mad. We probably are but thank you again Paul it was as good as you said and we will be back. I recommend it to all.

We arrived at Busch gardens, parked up and got the little train to the park – it was already very hot and we were all running with sweat. The cooling neck cloths were out already!

Steve hand't eaten so we grabbed a ham and cheese croissant with a bit of fruit which I ate - the girls didn't want anything yet. It had been a shock to the system since yesterday morning having to pay for food rather than offer our magic bands!

We got fast pass tickets and headed to Egypt to ride Montu and then Cobras curse.
I didn’t ride most things at Busch Gardens – I’m Pooh shaped and not good in the bucket seats that all the Seaworld parks use – plus I liked to wander and see the animals.

Cobras curse took forever because they were putting an extra cart on it! So I sat in the only bit of shade waiting and sweating for them all to reappear.

It was 11.00 by this point so we headed to Nairobi to check in for our Serengeti safari and to get water on the way. We were all still melting in the sun.
We were able to get a drink of water whilst waiting for the safari as well. We put bags in a locker and we were on our way into the back of the truck. The guides Chuck and Gabe were very knowledgeable and cared a lot about the animals, the first pass at the giraffe and she wasn’t Interested in coming to see us which was a bit gutting but he did another drive by and she came over. Great experience - wore our giraffe ears bought for us by my friend Laura too.

Rest to Cheetah Hunt then to lunch people getting hot and grotty.

We ate and sat inside, the Dragon Fire Grill - Steve didn’t feel too good- too much sun so we stayed inside and watched the Do Wop show which I have to say was very good. My dad would have enjoyed it, good for many generations. The girls left us in the air con and went together and rode Sand Serpent which they did twice! We eventually left for the sun again at 2.30. Sorry I failed to get photos of lunch - EDIT _ I FOUND THEM!

It seemed cooler and less humid thankfully when we left and Steve was feeling better so we went and rode the rapids and I got a wet bottom, crotch wet as Wizzo would say! For those of you Pooh shaped like me they have an extender seat belt for this ride.

As we were wet we decided to go onto the flume and from this my bottom half was totally wet by the time we had done that! Good log flume. No belt on this one so Pooh bear shaped you are good to go.

I stood drying in the sun whilst the rest of the clan went on Sheikra- twice ! Even Millie didn’t put her hands up first time round- Steve never did!

Then we grabbed choc Dippin Dots for Morgan and Diet Coke for all and sat for a moment - Steve regained the use of his legs

Millie wanted to do cheetah again so I chaffed, still crotch wet, round to the exit -slowly via the kangaroos. I also went to loo – where I was soooo wet I had to roll everything off - note to self need to drink more today!

Then I Grabbed a bench and sat trying to dry crotch! Must have looked a weirdo but there was a car journey looming back to POR.

Steve and kids turned up at and we headed back home to Disney for our last night before check out ( which meant I had to pack! ) it was a brilliant day- just too hot- I’d recommend Busch gardens without a doubt, kids and Steve thought the rides were excellent and there was plenty for me to do too.

We got back to our first and only towel animal - I had cleared the top of the air con unit whilst packing earlier in the week and at last

We made it back home and quick showers later we were on our way to the Yacht club for our last TS at the Yachtsman Steakhouse. We couldn’t have picked a better Farewell dinner.

The Steakhouse first greats you with a large glass room where the butcher cuts the meat- so you can see the cuts before you chose from the menu.
The waiter was amazing, again made us feel right at home. So for starters Steve has French onion soup which looked amazing

Morgan had lobster bisque, so did I

And Millie had chicken noodle soup

The bread came with roasted garlic and butter mmmmmm

Main course
Steve and I had the Signature 21 day dry aged 32oz Porterhouse for two OMG - Amazing. Sliced when brought to the table it came with beautiful sides of mushrooms and spinach and we ordered a double cooked jacket potato (note the size of a rugby ball!) you can’t really get the scale from the photo sorry but this was not only big but incredible.
My mouth is watering now writing this - we WILL be going back.

Morgan had the 18oz Kansas City strip steak again she loved it.

Millie had pasta and meatballs.

Pudding- yep it had to be done this was our last:

Millie had the white chocolate paint Mickey Mouse

Morgan had Ice cream

I had the Crème Brulee and Steve had a key lime tart

A brilliant night and we will go back.Bill should've been $320 - you have to love DDP.

Night night all, tomorrow we leave the Disney bubble for the Hard Rock Hotel, visit Universal and come back to Magic Kingdom.

Index is here
Feb 2011 All Stars Resort, Aug 2017 Port Orleans Riverside & HRH, Aug 2018 Port Orleans French Quarter, Aug 2019 Wilderness Lodge HRH & Contemporary, Feb 2020 Grand Floridian, Aug 2021 Disney Dream, Dec 21 Beach Club & Wilderness Lodge, Feb 22 Port Orleans Riverside, July 22 Port Orleans French Quarter, Feb 23 Staybright Suites Offsite (never again )

Edited at 09:31 PM.
bigshaz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 18, 08:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Your Yachtsman meal does look fab, it seems like you saved the best for last.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Feb 18, 11:20 PM  
Link to this Post
bigshaz
booked again yippee

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Your Yachtsman meal does look fab, it seems like you saved the best for last.
It was absolutely incredible, I can't stop recommending it now
Feb 2011 All Stars Resort, Aug 2017 Port Orleans Riverside & HRH, Aug 2018 Port Orleans French Quarter, Aug 2019 Wilderness Lodge HRH & Contemporary, Feb 2020 Grand Floridian, Aug 2021 Disney Dream, Dec 21 Beach Club & Wilderness Lodge, Feb 22 Port Orleans Riverside, July 22 Port Orleans French Quarter, Feb 23 Staybright Suites Offsite (never again )
bigshaz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 18, 07:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Great day, we were at Busch the day before you guys! Yachtsman look amazing!
Excitedx4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 18, 08:20 AM  
Link to this Post
yellowrose78
VIP Dibber

yellowrose78's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Lovely day! We love Busch too. Meal looks fab

Movieland Hotel IDrive - 2002 / POR - 2012 / 3 Weeks at OKW - 2014 / Villa at Highlands Reserve - 2016 / New York and Orlando - 2018 / Caribbean Cruise MSC Seaside - June 2019 / Orlando Covid cancelled 2020 and 2021 / Planning for Orlando 2024
yellowrose78 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 18, 09:32 PM  
Link to this Post
bigshaz
booked again yippee

updated
Old 19 May 18, 08:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Jakey Neverland
Imagineer

Yatchsman looks incredible! What a perfect meal to leave the Disney bubble x
Old 17 Jun 18, 08:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Mightyfraz
Getting Excited

Yachtsman looks amazing, think that’ll be on our list for next year. Also so wonderfully generous to buy wizzo a drink, I’ve read his trippy and can safely say he was over the moon.

Edited at 08:05 PM.
Mightyfraz is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 19, 03:30 PM  
Link to this Post
jothp
Apprentice Imagineer

Another great day. My oldest two are real thrill seekers so they absolutely love Busch Gardens and all the rides there.

We all love Yachtsman Steakhouse too. That steak looks to die for.
jothp is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List