Notices
TV and Film This forum is for those DIBB members that want to discuss TV and Films.

Old 31 Mar 18, 06:02 AM  
Link to this Post
AntonyJ
VIP Dibber

I loved in! Quite different to the book in places but not enjoyed a film so much in ages, but am a child of the 80's.

Loved the Iron Giant in it, from one of the most under rated films I know of, but one thing did disappoint.

The 3D - not worth seeing in 3D as never noticed ANY depth etc the process is supposed to add! In fact, the Avengers trailer before the film was in 3D was a cracker, making the subsequent film look all the worse for it.
AntonyJ is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 18, 08:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Going to watch it on Wednesday my eldest wants to watch it. Never even knew it was a book, trailer looks good though and I was born in the 80's 😁
Excitedx4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 18, 12:04 AM  
Link to this Post
jas72
VIP Dibber

Took my son and niece loved the movie and will now read the book

Old 3 Apr 18, 09:13 AM  
Link to this Post
neilhd
Imagineer

Went to see if yesterday - loved it! Saw it on a giant "Impact" screen (in a recliner chair - the new cinema near us is great!). Don't do 3D - it always makes things worse if you ask me.

So many 80s references, and a cracking soundtrack as well.
Old 5 Apr 18, 08:16 PM  
Link to this Post
a11mark
Imagineer

a11mark's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Had my eye on this film for a while. I've got the book but havnt got round to reading it yet. I know people who have and love it, however I've been given a lot of mixed reviews and to the extremes of "the best film ever made" and "the worst film ever made". I know someone who walked out an hour in (and they like the book)

I know just go see it and make your own mind up, but Ill wait till its out on blu ray. I'd much rather go watch Infinity war at the cinema more
Old 5 Apr 18, 08:20 PM  
Link to this Post
KeithOP
Serious Dibber

I thought the book was SOOOOOO much better but yeah, a decent enough watch too. In fairness, the book raised so many questions that I don't think they could have done it justice in 4 hours never mind 2.
KeithOP is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Apr 18, 08:34 PM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Just finished the book, hoping to see the film over the weekend.
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Apr 18, 08:48 PM  
Link to this Post
sparkledust14
Helping Mickey

Mobile

We all loved it especially our 11 year old... great effects and as somebody previously said .. thought provoking !
sparkledust14 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 18, 10:15 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
I've been a massive fan of the book since release and couldn't bring myself to watch it after hearing about the differences. I know the book would have been hard to recreate and licensing issues etc but after watching it I feel nothing about the film. Such a disappointment in so many ways. I'm a child of the 80's and the book had such nostalgia for me. It was lost . Don't even get me started on the first challenge.
gjdjud is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List