Notices
Shanghai, Tokyo and Hong Kong Theme Parks Shanghai, Tokyo and Hong Kong Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 23 May 18, 05:17 PM  
Link to this Post
nursetina
Apprentice Imagineer

Just noticed... its single digit dance day... anyone care to join me?
nursetina is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 18, 10:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Cloverlady
Imagineer

Originally Posted by nursetina View Post
Just noticed... its single digit dance day... anyone care to join me?
I'm dancing along with you in honour of your VERRRRY close holiday!
Cloverlady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 18, 07:20 AM  
Link to this Post
nursetina
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Cloverlady View Post
I'm dancing along with you in honour of your VERRRRY close holiday!
Thanks cloverlady
Anyone have any good advice on changing money when we get There?
I'm taking sterling and plan to use the exchange places, I thought I might change a small amount at the airport to keep us going for the first night, then find somewhere the next day? Are they all pretty good?
nursetina is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 18, 08:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Pumpkin Pie
Imagineer

I have advice - don't take Scottish money! The exchange rate at the airport was good but I was told that my Scottish notes were not British and was offered a lot less. I politely declined and went round the corner to the ATM next to the exchange shops and withdrew money there as we have a Halifax Clarity card. There are ATMs in all the malls etc. also.

Have a great holiday. Sorry but I can't get the dancing smilies to work

Edited at 08:32 AM.
Pumpkin Pie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 18, 11:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Cloverlady
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Pumpkin Pie View Post
I have advice - don't take Scottish money! The exchange rate at the airport was good but I was told that my Scottish notes were not British and was offered a lot less. I politely declined and went round the corner to the ATM next to the exchange shops and withdrew money there as we have a Halifax Clarity card. There are ATMs in all the malls etc. also.

Have a great holiday. Sorry but I can't get the dancing smilies to work
Oooh, We are in Scotland , I'm glad we didn't do that! Good tip!

We ordered our cash online from the post office, good rates, and delivered to our house. You would still have time to do this if you wanted?

(LOL, as we were going to Singapore, Thailand, India Oman and Dubai we ordered a little of each currency - talk about Monopoly money! And boy was it fun working out which bunch of notes were which on holiday! )

Enjoy!
Cloverlady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 18, 05:23 PM  
Link to this Post
nursetina
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Cloverlady View Post
Oooh, We are in Scotland , I'm glad we didn't do that! Good tip!

We ordered our cash online from the post office, good rates, and delivered to our house. You would still have time to do this if you wanted?

(LOL, as we were going to Singapore, Thailand, India Oman and Dubai we ordered a little of each currency - talk about Monopoly money! And boy was it fun working out which bunch of notes were which on holiday! )

Enjoy!
I have been advised I'll get a better rate if I change money there. I am happy to do it but think atm is a good option.
I've got to try and get my head around Singapore dollars then Indonesian rupiah...which I think are around 17,000 to the pound... thatll be fun.
Old 24 May 18, 05:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Cloverlady
Imagineer

Originally Posted by nursetina View Post
I have been advised I'll get a better rate if I change money there. I am happy to do it but think atm is a good option.
I've got to try and get my head around Singapore dollars then Indonesian rupiah...which I think are around 17,000 to the pound... thatll be fun.
Oh well in that case, that's better!

Haha yes, it's like needing a degree in Mathematics working all the currencies out!

Have a great time!
Old 24 May 18, 06:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Pumpkin Pie
Imagineer

We get the interbank rate rather than the tourist rate with the clarity card and there are no ATM charges for cash withdrawals. They do charge interest on cash withdrawals but I get round that by going online and paying off the balance straight away.

You will get a better rate for cash there rather than here as long as you take English notes.
Pumpkin Pie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 18, 08:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Stoneyred
Excited about Disney

visitsingapore/see-do...gclsrc=aw .ds

This is somewhere I visited whilst in Singapore in February and I loved it. Just a little boat ride to another world.

Newport Bay Club 2004 DLP,Sheraton Vistana Resort 2006, Worldquest Resort 2008, Lake Buena Vista Village Resort & Spa 2009, Cypresse Pointe 2011 Villa Highgate Park 2014
Stoneyred is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 18, 10:45 PM  
Link to this Post
nursetina
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Stoneyred View Post
visitsingapore/see-do...gclsrc=aw .ds

This is somewhere I visited whilst in Singapore in February and I loved it. Just a little boat ride to another world.
Looks great, how did you Book?