Additional Support Needs & DAS Help & advice

Old 30 Apr 18, 09:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Bear-family View Post
I've seen a few documentaries where they've said it's so difficult to diagnose things like ASD in girls due to their ability to cover up symptoms and mimic others. Does she have an EHCP? I would say with the fact she has strategies in place at school to help her cope is a big indicator that her diagnosis effect her everyday life. The way I understand it is that if your child needs more help than others in their own peer group then that qualifies them. Hopefully you'll hear something soon, but if you don't get the decision you want then id definalty appeal it.
I was led to believe it is harder to diagnose in girls too, they told us this originally and she's the only girl with a diagnosis in her school ( that doesn't mean there arnt girls undiagnosed ), I can remember thinking that when I used to volunteer at school and in staff room were pics of kids with additional needs and my daughter was the only girl.
They use pathways at my daughters school which is what replaced EHCP there. I preferred the old method when things were recorded better certainly helped last time when we sent documentation in, this tine not so much stuff to send so I think they will contact school... time will tell though hopefully sooner rather than later
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 18, 09:48 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Please appeal. I am CAB advisor and many, many PIP assessment decisions get overturned on appeal. But you need to start the process asap. Visit a CAB office today and they can explain the whole process to you. They can fill in all forms and write letters so can help a great deal if you do not wish to do it yourself. In fact I would advise getting help from CAB or any organisation who is used to the forms, as it does help if the answers are written clearly stating why the condition affects day to day living etc.

These links may help too

citizensadvice.uk/be...consideration/

citizensadvice.uk/be...y-to-tribunal/
DisneyDaffodil is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 18, 10:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Mobile

Agree with above, we went to CAB to get help filling forms in a lovely lady... Same lady who had helped us five years before... She was very knowledgeable and knows the terminology way better than me, hoping her success is as good this time but if not she said to come straight back and she would help us appeal
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 18, 11:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

I have the explaination letter, but can i ask to see copy of the assessors report?
Old 30 Apr 18, 11:30 AM  
Link to this Post
TGT
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bootrip2 View Post
Unfortunately heard at the weekend this has been declined, so will need to think about appeal. In the response several times it mentions DS had no trouble communicating with assessor, but he knew the assessor, so he wasnt exactly someone he didnt know. Can you request to see copy of their report?
Definitely appeal - the money spent on these appeals must far outweigh the "savings" they've made by kicking terminally ill people off benefits for not being quite terminal enough... Makes me so angry (I have a friend with MS whose had 2 assessments in 18 months, car taken away once, kept this time, but at least the assessor this time was a qualified nurse) but we all know people with MS are just malingers who are going to feel better and better

You should be able to ask for the report yes. My friend's first one referred to the report from her doctor...which, of course, didn't exist as they'd never asked for one, so this helped greatly with the appeal as it was clearly half lies.

Quotas should not be placed on people's lives just to save a few quid

Di Gorton
http://www.villasoutherndunes.com

Villa Southern Dunes

Modern Disney-themed villa in the Southern Dunes golf community * Private heated west-facing pool * Sleeps 10* Room for all with sofa, dining & poolside seating for 10 * 2 ensuite doubles (king & queen) * 2 Disney-themed twins * 2 Lounges * 7 Flatscreen TVs * Great games room & amazing dressing up rail

Click >here< to see our Dibb Advert
Email: info@villasoutherndunes.com Florida State License: DWE6312923

TGT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 18, 01:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Mobile

Just a quick update sorry to muscle in on your post bootrip... Just received letter they have awarded my daughters DLA at same rates as before... Only for two years but at least they've awarded it again and we will have to go through the forms again sooner rather than later but a big relief... Must've been talking about it on here... Can someone start a lottery thread see if I have as much luck on that lol, Bootrip hope someone knows the answer to your question soon x

Edited at 04:07 PM.
Old 30 Apr 18, 02:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Bear-family
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Megandllsmum View Post
Just a quick update sporty to muscle in on your post bootrip... Just received letter they have awarded my daughters DLA at same rates as before... Only for two years but at least they've awarded it again and we will have to go through the forms again sooner rather than later but a big relief... Must've been talking about it on here... Can someone start a lottery thread see if I have as much luck on that lol, Bootrip hope someone knows the answer to your question soon x
So pleased you got a good result. It is so stressful havjng to jump theough these hoops to prove what your child is entitled to. Hope you can relax a little now 😊
Bear-family is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 18, 02:20 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Bootrip2 View Post
I have the explaination letter, but can i ask to see copy of the assessors report?
Yes you can ask for a copy of the report but it takes around 10 days to get to you. So don't wait for report, go to CAB and start the process by sending a Mandatory Reconsideration letter. You can always contact them with more info after you have read the report if necessary, or if it needs to go to appeal. The MR is often turned down, don't let that put you off if it does, you still have a good chance of getting the decision overturned at appeal stage.
DisneyDaffodil is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 18, 02:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by Bear-family View Post
So pleased you got a good result. It is so stressful havjng to jump theough these hoops to prove what your child is entitled to. Hope you can relax a little now 😊
Thankyou x
Old 30 Apr 18, 03:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Megandllsmum View Post
Just a quick update sporty to muscle in on your post bootrip... Just received letter they have awarded my daughters DLA at same rates as before... Only for two years but at least they've awarded it again and we will have to go through the forms again sooner rather than later but a big relief... Must've been talking about it on here... Can someone start a lottery thread see if I have as much luck on that lol, Bootrip hope someone knows the answer to your question soon x
Pleased you got yours awarded, its such a relief. I cannot work out their reasoning about lengths of time of the award, DD last one was a lower banding, but for ten years, (would have made her about 15), i appealed as i felt it was wrong level, she got reawarded but only for three years. Back into battle for DS now! Never ends!