Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 20 May 18, 08:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

My eldest daughter and her boyfriend went last July, said it was hotter than the surface of the moon but they had a great time, they did turtle island and the shipwreck at the beach, went jetskiing, they also private chartered a boat and driver fro a day and went all over the island, they did this with a few other people to keep the price down she said that was fantastic and they take you to lots of secluded places to swim in sea and quiet beaches.
Mostly though she was in the pool a lot cos it was so hot, wants to return
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 18, 09:15 PM  
Link to this Post
britishgirl
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

we have just come back stayed in Agrilia in a beautiful hotel absolutely loved it,but laganas was very tacky and dirty ,we walked up the beach to kalamaki which is quieter and then the other way to a lovely island over a wooden footbridge which you had to pay 5 euros to go on to but this did include a drink,but depending on what you want it can be quiet and peaceful but also especially in laganas very busy and aimed at the young party scene just do your research and check where you are going to end up ,but I would go back again but not in peak season
britishgirl is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 18, 06:44 PM  
Link to this Post
JLH
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Edie ray View Post
I went to Zante more than 25 years ago

I never made it to the deserted beach on all the postcards as the day we were supposed to go there was an earthquake and all boat trips were off!

I do remember taking pedalos out quite far and there were huge turtles in the water

It think I went in June and i remember it being quite hot, was lovely though, sure you will have a fine time
I went 30 years ago and Laganas was lovely then , so different to how people describe it now. I would like to go back to see the change but know I will be very disappointed. Kalamaki wasn't even a proper resort then . We did do a trip over to Kefalonia which was lovely and that is somewhere I really need to go back to.
Old 25 May 18, 06:40 PM  
Link to this Post
mini-mum
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by britishgirl View Post
we have just come back stayed in Agrilia in a beautiful hotel absolutely loved it,but laganas was very tacky and dirty ,we walked up the beach to kalamaki which is quieter and then the other way to a lovely island over a wooden footbridge which you had to pay 5 euros to go on to but this did include a drink,but depending on what you want it can be quiet and peaceful but also especially in laganas very busy and aimed at the young party scene just do your research and check where you are going to end up ,but I would go back again but not in peak season
Has the island got a name? Would we be able to walk to the island from Kalamaki or would it be too far?
mini-mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 18, 08:07 PM  
Link to this Post
britishgirl
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Originally Posted by mini-mum View Post
Has the island got a name? Would we be able to walk to the island from Kalamaki or would it be too far?
I am not sure of the name,but just walk along the beach from kalamaki ,stay on the beach as you come to laganas and keep walking the island is about 15 mins after this,from kalamaki sauntering along the beach should be easily done in an hour even with couple of stops to have a short rest if you need it
britishgirl is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 18, 08:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Noodle500
Imagineer

There's a little crazy golf course in Kalamaki. Plenty of places to book trips on the main restaurant strip. We really like the Greek restaurant Ambrosia and the Italian which is above a shop.
We took a taxi to Zante Town one afternoon for a mooch round harbour and meal.
Beach is lovely.
Noodle500 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 18, 09:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Disneymaddaddy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by mini-mum View Post
It’s cameo island 😊

WDW Visited in 1992, 1995, 1997, 1998, 2004, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2013
Disneymaddaddy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 18, 09:30 AM  
Link to this Post
boo2
Imagineer

boo2's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Mobile

Originally Posted by Big Jim View Post
Haven't been for about 10 years but we stayed in Kalamaki 2-3 years running and loved it back then. Make sure you stay central though because if you end up on the outskirts it can be a mile or more walk down unlit roads. There's a lovely beach which is home to the nesting turtles and some nice restaurants too - make sure you try the local stews. We were there one VERY hot year and I remember sitting in a rooftop restaurant watching the forest fires in the distance and the sea helicopters collecting water to drop on them. Laganas is a hole as others have said but although it looks nearby on the map, it's really 3/4 miles away. Worth a trip purely to go out and see the sea turtles though. It used to be very cheap and they swim right up to the boats. We'd go back for sure, just been doing different holidays in between.
We have only been to Zante once. It was our first family holiday abroad and we stayed in Alykanas, I remember how hot it was and also seeing lots of forest fires 🔥Did you go in 2004? Even the locals were finding it hot😊 I do remember sitting in the sea looking back to the beach and discussing with DH the possibility of saving up and going to Florida one year😂
Old 28 May 18, 09:34 AM  
Link to this Post
jamieolivia15
Proud to wear my Ears

Ive been to laganas and if you can I highly recommend Cameo Island. It’s so pretty and has a small private beach you can chill on. (Although arrive before 1 as it does get busy). I went early July and it was boiling! Hit 40 at one point!

Edited at 08:48 PM.
jamieolivia15 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 18, 11:37 PM  
Link to this Post
lulu bear
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

We have been to zante the last two years. The first year we stayed in Argassi then last year we stayed in Kalamaki. The sea is like bath water and crystal clear. We didn't like our hotel last year but that was due to Thomas Cook moving us 5 days before our holiday more than anything. Kalamaki had loads of restaurants and too many to try over two weeks. It's perfect for a relaxing break.
DLP Sept 2013=Hotel Cheyenne
DLP March/April 2015=Hotel Cheyenne
lulu bear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List