Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 20 May 18, 04:27 PM  
Link to this Post
tocpe321
VIP Dibber

You can also register with Resolver via MSE.
They act as a channel for your claims and it's free.

If you're not sure whether you had PPI you can make an enquiry via Resolver and the company will let you know.

If yes then you can submit a claim if you consider you were mis sold PPI. There is a lot of guidance on MSE.

They will set time frames for replies and prompt you to escalate if no response.

You can also make enquiry / claim directly as per above links.

I appreciate a percentage of something is better than 100% of nothing. However I would avoid the claims companies as it's very easy to make an enquiry and/or claim via Resolver, or even directly.

Edited at 04:35 PM.
tocpe321 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 18, 10:46 AM  
Link to this Post
staceyb
Apprentice Imagineer

I just used one of those companies of the TV. I didn't have any idea of account numbers etc I just had to give a rough idea of when I took out the loan or c.c etc and who with and they did all the work. Was very sceptical but thought haven't got anything to lose and ended up with 4k yes they took 800 but it's still 4k I didn't know I had lol x
staceyb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 18, 04:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Tco200
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by tocpe321 View Post

If you're not sure whether you had PPI you can make an enquiry via Resolver and the company will let you know.

If yes then you can submit a claim if you consider you were mis sold PPI. There is a lot of guidance on MSE.

They will set time frames for replies and prompt you to escalate if no response.

I appreciate a percentage of something is better than 100% of nothing. However I would avoid the claims companies as it's very easy to make an enquiry and/or claim via Resolver, or even directly.
Thanks for this given it a go this afternoon with HSBC and Halifax - pretty sure I have something from an old Halifax mortgage as they wrote to me at one point about it but I didn’t proceed as it was a joint one with an ex partner and thought it may get messy, will see what’s said
Tco200 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 18, 05:30 PM  
Link to this Post
tocpe321
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Tco200 View Post
Thanks for this given it a go this afternoon with HSBC and Halifax - pretty sure I have something from an old Halifax mortgage as they wrote to me at one point about it but I didn’t proceed as it was a joint one with an ex partner and thought it may get messy, will see what’s said
Gotta be in it to win it!
Old 21 May 18, 05:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by tocpe321 View Post

Agreed TC, I did mine with the help of MSE. Really straightforward and I kept it all for myself without paying a cut
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 18, 05:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Whitequeen
Imagineer

Whitequeen's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Tco200 View Post
My DH has claimed 2 that were with an ex and you get half and they get half. There's no hassle you just sign for it and it's deposited into your account and the other half in the ex's account.

West Coast Visits-5
Whitequeen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 18, 05:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Whitequeen
Imagineer

Whitequeen's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I'm struggling to get anywhere finding who 'owned' the Monument card. I had one some time between 2002 & 2006 but have absolutely no details.

West Coast Visits-5
Whitequeen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 18, 05:49 PM  
Link to this Post
floridasarah
VIP Dibber

floridasarah's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I have had 4 lots back 2 by myself and 2 through companies. Now there are a lot of adds about catalogues like Freemans and Littlewoods which I had a few of in the past, would these have been checked by the companies or did they only look at banks and cards etc?
floridasarah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 18, 10:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Thanks for this - we have just found our first mortgage details and found that we had PPI (dated back to 1992). It seems we can just fill in a form on the Building Society’s website? Is this the easiest way in view of the fact we have the mortgage details (thank goodness for a husband who files everything) and details of the PPI contract.

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 18, 11:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Tco200
Imagineer

Trying to trace back to who I’ve had car (and sofa) finance with to check with them - thinking it was black horse - did that used to be called something else?

Edit - spent an hour or so emailing those companies I had loans etc with may well come to nothing but worth enquiring if I had any - nothing lost either way

Edited at 12:51 AM.
Tco200 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List