Notices
Itineraries Post your Trip Itineraries here.

Old 19 May 18, 08:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Allyfe
Trainee Dibber

Final plans - Have I missed anything/made any stupid mistakes?!

I would be massively grateful for any critiques/comments on our final itinerary? I want to make sure that I haven't missed anything or made any silly mistakes. We are 2 adults, 7y and 9y, staying at SSs. All FP slots are an hour. Assuming we will catch ride at the end when they are just after ADRs. We have:

Wed: arrive, CS, bed!
Thur: EMH 8am Epcot. Straight to Test Track (to ride before queues). ADR: 10.20 Garden Grill; 11.15 FP+ Soarin, 12.20 Mission Space; 1.20 Spaceship Earth. Then uber to Walmart, pool, CS dinner at Saratoga Springs. Early night.

Fri: EMH 8am MK. Space Mountain & Buzz lightyear on opening; 9am to Splash Mountain and Thunder mountain; 10.35 FP+ Peter Pan; 11.35 FP+ 7DMT; ADR: 12.15 Crystal Palace; 1.10 FP+ Thunder Mountain. Find place for parade in Frontierland. 3pm Parade. Then back to hotel, pool. CS dinner. Early night.

Sat: EMH 8am AK: Expedition everest and Kwai river; (hope to get Lion King at 9am ish). 10am FP+ Kilimanjaro safari; 11.05 FP+ FoP; CS lunch in Pandora; FP: 12.20 Dinasour; Hope to FP Nemo after; back to hotel for PM, Landry card dinner at T-Rex (Disney Springs).

Sun: ADR 10.15 CG brunch (whoohoo!); hotel pool, HS; 4.30 FP+ B&B live; 5.25 FP+ ToT; 6.25 FP+ Slinky. ADR 7.15pm 50's Diner; 10pm fireworks;

Mon: Typhoon Lagoon; MK; 5.20 FP+ Space Mountain; ADR 6.05 BoG; 7.10 FP+ 7DMT; 8.15 FP+ Big Thunder; 9.15pm Fireworks

Tue: Hotel Pool; 3.30pm to AK; standby for Lion King; 4.40 FP+ Everest; ADR 5.30pm Tusker House RoL dinner; 6.30pm FP+ Kwai RRs, 7,35 FP+ Navi River; 9.15pm RoL;

Wed: Blizzard beach; HS; 4.25pm ADR B&D (fantastmic package); 5.30 FP+ TsM, 6.30 FP+ RnR; 7.30pm FP+ ToT; 9.00 fantastmic

Thur: ADR: 9.45 Park Fayre; Hotel POOL; EPCOT 4pm FP+ Mission Space; 5pm FP+: Spaceship Earth; 6pm FP+ Frozen; ADR 6.45pm Arkhus; 9pm illuminations

Fri: AK 9am; rope drop to Primeval Whirl/Dinosaur; 10.50 FP+ Kwai River; 11.50 FP+ Everest; 12.30 Yak & Yeti (Landry); 1.25 FP+ FoP. Back to hotel pool; Evening to MK, (pick up extra FPs); Desert Party for 9.15 MK fireworks.

Sat: HS: 10.30 FP+ RnR; 11.30 FP+ ToT; 12.30 FP+ Slinky. CS lunch; then off to Universal!

Any thoughts?

We really like the roller coasters, so I've kind of focused on those for FPs. I was sort of hoping I would be able to pick up some of the other rides/shows either after our FPs or on standby.

I'd be grateful for any feedback!

Thanks
Allyfe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 18, 06:14 PM  
Link to this Post
suehen
Imagineer

It looks good, remember once your have scanned the 3rd FastPass while in the queue start searching for your 4th, too get better times or rides just keep refreshing the app until it comes up with ride you want book it and then you can modify the time, it also will let you do this from your 1st FP example 1st day Soaring 11.15am you have scanned your ride and can now modify your FP for mission space bring the time forward maybe to 11.30am so you can now use that one as soon as you come off soaring at 11.30 you go on mission space then modify the spaceship earth bring it forward to 12.00pm it takes a bit of practice the best we have done is 9 Fastpass's in 5 hours in MK and manage BTM 3 times in row as each time we scanned our bands it came up again. Just remember to enjoy yourselves and sometime go off plan if one member is a little tired its usually DH we go back to the hotel he as a sleep I go to the pool swim and head out in the evenings. First week we usually stick to the plan by the second week we start to get up later and later so I no longer plan early mornings and just plan for the evenings which worked for us last year apart from one late afternoon evening planned for Epcot it was busy really busy after 40 minute DH looked at me I looked at him and said do you want to go somewhere else he said yes we got the friendship boat over to HS cancelled all passes but I so surprised that I got 3 more in HS one for 5.30 pmTSM, 6.30 pm TOT and 7.30 StarTours also managed to get another 3 and it was one the best evening we had so remember if its not working, do a change of plan.

Edited at 06:17 PM.
suehen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 18, 05:02 AM  
Link to this Post

Yes looks good. I probably would not need to do two water parks in three days personally though, but no other comments on general itinerary.

What is this Kwai River in AK you are doing twice though? That is new to me.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 18, 05:55 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyFoodie
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Looks good, but a couple of comments; we hated Kali river rapids (assume that is what it is autocorrecting to Kwai river?) because it was so short and we got so wet. I note you have it 3 times and one day you ride it right before the early lion king show... I think you will freeze if you get wet and then go sit in air con? I wasn't clear if you had done it before.

Ditto, if you haven't done it before, I wouldn't put primeval hurl first thing in the morning. If it makes you sick it will wreck the day.

If you felt like it on the Sunday, rather than Star Wars fireworks you could watch the mk fireworks from Cali
Grill as you have eaten there earlier in day.

Also, you are right to prioritise the big headliners, but I hope you have left some time for the less popular stuff? We LOVE the peoplemover, carousel of progress, country bears, the gorilla walk at AK, all the other animals, world showcase in Epcot, etc. I hope the plan is that you would fit that stuff in around the rest?

Finally, and this is just preference, we love to visit the other hotels like the monorail ones, Epcot resort area etc. I think from SS you maybe can even get a boat to PO? Up to you. We normally have a wonder and a snack/drink/meal.
DisneyFoodie is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 18, 06:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Allyfe
Trainee Dibber

Mobile

Sorry for the late thank you for your thoughts and comments!

We are trying to do everything, without ending up being miserable and hating it. I will need to work out what it is okay to miss! I am now trying to think about what we need to take!
Allyfe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 18, 07:13 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by DisneyFoodie View Post
Looks good, but a couple of comments; we hated Kali river rapids (assume that is what it is autocorrecting to Kwai river?) because it was so short and we got so wet. I note you have it 3 times and one day you ride it right before the early lion king show... I think you will freeze if you get wet and then go sit in air con? I wasn't clear if you had done it before.

Ditto, if you haven't done it before, I wouldn't put primeval hurl first thing in the morning. If it makes you sick it will wreck the day.

If you felt like it on the Sunday, rather than Star Wars fireworks you could watch the mk fireworks from Cali
Grill as you have eaten there earlier in day.

Also, you are right to prioritise the big headliners, but I hope you have left some time for the less popular stuff? We LOVE the peoplemover, carousel of progress, country bears, the gorilla walk at AK, all the other animals, world showcase in Epcot, etc. I hope the plan is that you would fit that stuff in around the rest?

Finally, and this is just preference, we love to visit the other hotels like the monorail ones, Epcot resort area etc. I think from SS you maybe can even get a boat to PO? Up to you. We normally have a wonder and a snack/drink/meal.
Very good point on Kali Rover rapids. It essentially bobs along doing nothing interesting and then there is a final drop which left us utterly drenched. It is the one ride, I know I will never go on again - and I am not averse to getting wet, it is just the rest of it was so tedious it just wasn’t worth it!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 18, 07:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Allyfe
Trainee Dibber

Mobile

Thank you for the Kwai advice! I have it forgot to say I swapped one of them for a night time safari. We will try it in the morning on EMH and if we hate it swap the other FP. Will we dry in July or will we stay wet all day (with the humidity)?
Old 21 Jun 18, 08:03 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyFoodie
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Allyfe View Post
Thank you for the Kwai advice! I have it forgot to say I swapped one of them for a night time safari. We will try it in the morning on EMH and if we hate it swap the other FP. Will we dry in July or will we stay wet all day (with the humidity)?
No you'll dry quickly - just not in the air con!
DisneyFoodie is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jun 18, 02:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Ridersmom
Imagineer

If you are concerned about being wet, wear sports fabrics (especially shorts). Nylon blends or any of the new wicking fabrics, dry in a few minutes. Remember cotton may be cool but stays wet and sags. And remember, wet undies are no fun so make usre what you have under the wicking fabric is not a nice pair of cotton undies-they will not only stay wet but everyone will be able to check out the style (outline shows)
Ridersmom is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jun 18, 03:49 PM  
Link to this Post
LunaNyteskye
Apprentice Imagineer

If you are concerned about getting wet, you could wear a poncho on Kali to try and minimise the damage, or even bring some dry clothes. My family all love that ride and we do try and ride it several times.

October 2009 Sequoia Lodge Disneyland Paris;
October 2011 Kissimmee Villa;
October 2013 Port Orleans Riverside WDW;
November 2015 Lake Buena Vista Resort Village & Spa;
November 2016 Hotel Santa Fe Disneyland Paris;
October 2019 Animal Kingdom Lodge WDW, DIBB Villa, Hard Rock Hotel & Grand Floridian WDW
LunaNyteskye is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List