Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 25 May 18, 07:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
First Disney Cruise

Last night we booked our first cruise on the Disney Dream, it's a 3 night Bahamas cruise for September next year.
I would have liked to do a 4 night cruise but it wasn't available for our date.
I'm so excited about it you'd never think it's to celebrate my 60th birthday.
We've booked a stateroom on deck 10 with a verandah and as I'm an early riser I'm looking forward to sitting out there with a coffee in the morning.
Any advice on do's and don'ts would be gratefully received.
Old 25 May 18, 08:02 AM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Taffy1959 View Post
Last night we booked our first cruise on the Disney Dream, it's a 3 night Bahamas cruise for September next year.
I would have liked to do a 4 night cruise but it wasn't available for our date.
I'm so excited about it you'd never think it's to celebrate my 60th birthday.
We've booked a stateroom on deck 10 with a verandah and as I'm an early riser I'm looking forward to sitting out there with a coffee in the morning.
Any advice on do's and don'ts would be gratefully received.
I have been on 4 Disney cruises now and always have a verandah. Can I ask where on deck 10 you are? I always stay in the aft rooms as the verandahs are huge and one cruise we were in a room on deck 10 and all we could hear was the dragging of chairs from Cabanas above us. We were really surprised at how noisy it was as we honestly didn't think we would be able to hear anything. If you don't think this will bother you then it won't be a problem but I just thought I would mention it because we said we would never stay on that deck again.
Old 25 May 18, 08:12 AM  
Link to this Post
minnie29
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

We are planning to book the Disney Dream too on Monday. We have already booked 9 nights at WL and are planning to do the Dream 3 nights before our stay. I'm also interested in any comments. The ship looks amazing!

Act1980 - what deck would you recommend?
I-Drive July 2004. I-Drive Oct/Nov 2006. Southern Dunes May 2010 (married in Florida!). Town Centre June 2011. Southern Dunes August 2012. Hampton Lakes and Carnival Cruise August 2013. Regal Palms 2014. Southern Dunes 2017. Southern Dunes and Hard Rock Hotel May 2018. AKL, POFQ, Wilderness Lodge and Disney Dream2019.
Dopey challenge - All Stars stay January 2020. Cabana Bay Sept 2022
minnie29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 18, 08:18 AM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by minnie29 View Post
We are planning to book the Disney Dream too on Monday. We have already booked 9 nights at WL and are planning to do the Dream 3 nights before our stay. I'm also interested in any comments. The ship looks amazing!

Act1980 - what deck would you recommend?
Hello

My personal preference is Cat. 5E as the verandahs are massive and I would go for deck 7-9. But definitely not deck 10 if you don't want to hear the busy deck above you.

It depends on where you want to be near too though. We like that we can take the lift straight to Cabanas and also to the bars on deck 4. There's no walking to those places as they're all aft.
Old 25 May 18, 08:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Originally Posted by act1980 View Post
I have been on 4 Disney cruises now and always have a verandah. Can I ask where on deck 10 you are? I always stay in the aft rooms as the verandahs are huge and one cruise we were in a room on deck 10 and all we could hear was the dragging of chairs from Cabanas above us. We were really surprised at how noisy it was as we honestly didn't think we would be able to hear anything. If you don't think this will bother you then it won't be a problem but I just thought I would mention it because we said we would never stay on that deck again.
Thanks for your reply.
We've booked midship room 10036 but it does say we make changes.
Old 25 May 18, 08:22 AM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Taffy1959 View Post
Thanks for your reply.
We've booked midship room 10036 but it does say we make changes.
Have a lovely time!
Old 25 May 18, 08:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
[QUOTE=act1980;13271043]Have a lovely time! [/QUO

Thank you, the ship does look lovely
Old 25 May 18, 08:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Majik
slightly serious Dibber

Congratulations on booking your cruise.
Our first Disney cruise was in 2012 on the Dream and I have to admit to having a few tears as we sailed away as the ship is so beautiful.

We have had room 10590 on the Fantasy it was given to us as a free upgrade for some reason. It was a huge room but did have noise from above especially on Pirate night.

The chances are on a three night cruise you will be up early and out late having a magical time and making the most of the ship.

Beautiful views from our 3 bedroom villa at
Hunters Creek
www.villas4orlandoflorida.com

http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/villa-search.php?a=405
Majik is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 18, 08:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Originally Posted by Majik View Post
Congratulations on booking your cruise.
Our first Disney cruise was in 2012 on the Dream and I have to admit to having a few tears as we sailed away as the ship is so beautiful.

We have had room 10590 on the Fantasy it was given to us as a free upgrade for some reason. It was a huge room but did have noise from above especially on Pirate night.

The chances are on a three night cruise you will be up early and out late having a magical time and making the most of the ship.
That's what I'm hoping too and it's nice to hear you enjoyed your time on the Dream
Old 25 May 18, 09:09 AM  
Link to this Post
minnie29
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by act1980 View Post
Hello

My personal preference is Cat. 5E as the verandahs are massive and I would go for deck 7-9. But definitely not deck 10 if you don't want to hear the busy deck above you.

It depends on where you want to be near too though. We like that we can take the lift straight to Cabanas and also to the bars on deck 4. There's no walking to those places as they're all aft.
Thanks - we would like to be at the back because our children will be 13 and 3. Close to pool/slide area would be best. I will make a note of deck 7 or 9
I-Drive July 2004. I-Drive Oct/Nov 2006. Southern Dunes May 2010 (married in Florida!). Town Centre June 2011. Southern Dunes August 2012. Hampton Lakes and Carnival Cruise August 2013. Regal Palms 2014. Southern Dunes 2017. Southern Dunes and Hard Rock Hotel May 2018. AKL, POFQ, Wilderness Lodge and Disney Dream2019.
Dopey challenge - All Stars stay January 2020. Cabana Bay Sept 2022
minnie29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List