Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 25 May 18, 02:53 PM  
Link to this Post
stecee
Imagineer

Disney cruise adult evening venues

Are the evening adult entertainment venues, bars etc, generally well attended on Disney cruises?
I’m only asking as I’ve recently watched a vlog where, on the day of embarkation, someone toured the bars and they seemed very quiet.
'Oct 97 Days inn main gate west, June '02 Days inn main gate west, Dec '05 All star movie resort, Aug '07 Caribbean Beach Resort, Sept '09 Port Orleans Riverside, Oct'10 Tour then villa at Highgate, May '12 Emerald Island villa. Oct '14 The Keys then SSR.
stecee is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 18, 03:08 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
We've only done 1 DCL cruise and we found the lounges / bars etc very quiet at night. As there are a lot of families onboard it seemed as if most went to bed after the shows.
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
BOOKED - Beach Club Villas Sept '24, Disney Treasure & POR Sept '25
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 18, 04:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
We made a point of doing the 'after hours' stuff most nights. Mostly game shows and quizzes hosted by the hilarious Tisa. There was also a magic show, and a performance by the Flyboys who we'd seen earlier.

We're not really 'hang out in the piano bar' types, there never seemed to be time as there was always something we wanted to do.

We were on the early dinner seating so basically it went dinner, show, after hours stuff, bed!
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 18, 04:18 PM  
Link to this Post
stecee
Imagineer

Thankyou both. We are far from party animals but do like a nightcap before bed. The quizzes and game shows are right up our street.
'Oct 97 Days inn main gate west, June '02 Days inn main gate west, Dec '05 All star movie resort, Aug '07 Caribbean Beach Resort, Sept '09 Port Orleans Riverside, Oct'10 Tour then villa at Highgate, May '12 Emerald Island villa. Oct '14 The Keys then SSR.

Edited at 04:19 PM.
stecee is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 18, 12:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
The tour on embarkation day would be during the day and people would be exploring the ship, their rooms etc rather than drinking in the bar (although I know some Dibbers would make it their first port of call).

We always go to see Match Your Mate (don't volunteer unless you're happy to share private info), we go to the trivias and we play games in the bars (just crib, cards etc). The 'nightclub' rarely has people in it after the show finishes - it's just a handful of people maybe with the DJ!

Joa
Old 29 May 18, 01:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

We enjoyed Match your Mate - we volunteered but weren’t picked and it was just as well. I am not prepared to tell people the most unusual place we ever ‘discovered the magic’ (and ‘Barcelona cruise port’ wasn’t the answer!)

I did the karaoke and sang All That Jazz. It was the full show version so lots of instrumental, so I got Peter up to dance! Near the end the screen froze but I knew the lyrics so gave it a big finish. Poor Tisa then had to spend 20 minutes frantically filling time while the guys tried to fix the machine!
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 18, 05:00 PM  
Link to this Post
stecee
Imagineer

Thanks again
We are 99% sure that we will be doing an Eastern Caribbean cruise on the Fantasy next year. I'm in the process of getting quotes but will almost certainly be booking direct with Disney or with TOAD. I'm weighing up the benefits of booking with TOAD, but the exchange rate is pretty crappy at the moment.
IF I book with TOAD and the exchange rate plummets again, is it right that I could cancel the cruise and not lose my deposit?
Old 30 May 18, 09:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Originally Posted by stecee View Post
Thanks again
We are 99% sure that we will be doing an Eastern Caribbean cruise on the Fantasy next year. I'm in the process of getting quotes but will almost certainly be booking direct with Disney or with TOAD. I'm weighing up the benefits of booking with TOAD, but the exchange rate is pretty crappy at the moment.
IF I book with TOAD and the exchange rate plummets again, is it right that I could cancel the cruise and not lose my deposit?
As long as you don't book concierge yes. But don't cancel, always just move instead!
If you're that worried, book direct. I wouldn't risk my holiday on the fluctuations of the exchange rate.

Joa
Old 4 Jun 18, 10:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Just_Pete
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by stecee View Post
Thankyou both. We are far from party animals but do like a nightcap before bed. :
This! That pretty much sums up how I found the evenings. None of the venues were full. We did first show, second dinner seating. And then My best friends husband would normally go to bed. Whilst me and my friend would stay up longer for a bit of a wonder and then a night cap before bed in whichever bar took our fancy. But none were heaving.

We looked into Azure one night I think it was retro night or something? But it wasn't very happening at all, and made the thought of walking in seem more intimidating. Even if I did want to dance to Africa by Toto!
Just_Pete is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List