Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 2 Jun 18, 12:42 PM  
Link to this Post
TINKERBELL18
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile New York Orlando and AMI

First time doing a multi resort holiday and haven’t been to Disney for 6 years, so a lot as changed!

Going to New York for 3 nights with DH and DS who will be 18 and DD who will be 14 looking to do as much as possible

Ideas so far
Statue of Liberty
9/11
Central Park
Brooklyn Bridge
Empire State
Times Square

Any ideas how best to fit these in as we are only there 3 nights
Old 2 Jun 18, 01:34 PM  
Link to this Post
P&S
Imagineer

If you go on google maps and star where things are you can then group things together by area. Are you going to use the subway as that can get you around so quickly but it is nice to walk a lot as well.
SOL, 911 and Brooklyn bridge are an idea for one day as all in same area.
Try and fit in a walk along the high line if you get chance.
Old 2 Jun 18, 02:37 PM  
Link to this Post
enjibenji
Imagineer

enjibenji's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Try and fit walking back over the brooklyn bridge to Manhattan at dusk. I managed to time it just right on my last trip there and wow. Also grand central station for lunch was amazing. I found alot of free stuff to do in Manhattan was the best. Have a great time 😁
enjibenji is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 18, 02:52 PM  
Link to this Post
TINKERBELL18
Proud to wear my Ears

Thanks will have a look, will probably try and walk as much as we can.
Old 2 Jun 18, 02:53 PM  
Link to this Post
TINKERBELL18
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by enjibenji View Post
Try and fit walking back over the brooklyn bridge to Manhattan at dusk. I managed to time it just right on my last trip there and wow. Also grand central station for lunch was amazing. I found alot of free stuff to do in Manhattan was the best. Have a great time 😁
Thanks lunch sounds good at Central Station
Old 2 Jun 18, 05:40 PM  
Link to this Post
5gotodisney
Excited about Disney

Your post sounds like our itinerary We are going in three weeks, doing three nights in New York then off to Orlando.

Our flight lands in New York at about 11.45 so we are planning on going to the hotel to check in, and drop the luggage off, then off to Empire State Building and dinner and a walk around.

The following day we are booked onto the first trip to Statue of Liberty / Ellis Island and then off to the 9/11 memorial. We would like to do Brooklyn Bridge but I’m trying to be flexible as I’m not sure how long the SoL and 9/11 will take, also that day is the day of the New York Pride March, so not sure how busy it will be, but I’m guessing very, so after 9/11 I think we’ll play it by ear a bit, may go and watch the march as it’s supposed to be quite an event instead of going over the bridge.

The next day we’re doing the Intrepid / Central Park area and hopefully a bit of shopping, I have a son who is a huge Nintendo fan, and wants to go to the Nintendo centre at the Rockafella centre, so that will be fitted in somewhere.

Enjoy your planning.
5gotodisney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 18, 10:09 PM  
Link to this Post
TINKERBELL18
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by 5gotodisney View Post
Your post sounds like our itinerary We are going in three weeks, doing three nights in New York then off to Orlando.

Our flight lands in New York at about 11.45 so we are planning on going to the hotel to check in, and drop the luggage off, then off to Empire State Building and dinner and a walk around.

The following day we are booked onto the first trip to Statue of Liberty / Ellis Island and then off to the 9/11 memorial. We would like to do Brooklyn Bridge but I’m trying to be flexible as I’m not sure how long the SoL and 9/11 will take, also that day is the day of the New York Pride March, so not sure how busy it will be, but I’m guessing very, so after 9/11 I think we’ll play it by ear a bit, may go and watch the march as it’s supposed to be quite an event instead of going over the bridge.

The next day we’re doing the Intrepid / Central Park area and hopefully a bit of shopping, I have a son who is a huge Nintendo fan, and wants to go to the Nintendo centre at the Rockafella centre, so that will be fitted in somewhere.

Enjoy your planning.
Lovely enjoy your holiday let me know how NY is
Old 9 Jun 18, 10:18 AM  
Link to this Post
400ixl
Imagineer

You only have a day to day and a half at most in that list so far so you have no worries fitting those in.

Consider Rockafella building instead of the Empire State. Pertty much the same views with the added bonus you get to see the Empire state as part of the landscape.

Hiring bikes to do do Central Park is something worth considering. DO some research on what is in and around the areas you are visiting. Around Central Park you have the fountain from Friends, the Fire station that Ghostbusters was filmed in, the hotel that John Lennon was shot outside.

A walk along the Highline is definitely worth doing. Something a bit further out is Colney Island with the oldest wooden roller coaster.

Loads to do, as mentioned, group things together and you can cover a lot in a very small amount of time.
400ixl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 18, 10:37 PM  
Link to this Post
disneydonna
Gone all Goofy

I was wondering the same! we are doing 3 nights in New York then 14 nights in florida but we have never been to new york before. My Son turns 18 on the day we fly so a surprise trip x let us know how it goes x
disneydonna is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 18, 01:43 AM  
Link to this Post
AlexE
Imagineer

AlexE's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 2
we have just done 3 night's in New York 5 in Washington and now relaxing in orlando. looks like you may be on the 9am virgin flight same as we were. after settling in at Broadway Plaza hotel (very central) we did Empire State Building and had a walk around before having dinner and visiting Madison square park. next morning we walked to central park via Times Square and did lots of statues etc and watched a bit of baseball practice before seeing The Lion King. next day we did Grand Central Station, subway Brooklyn Bridge, watched the fire dept get ready for awards, wall street, stock exchange, charging bull and battery park. then made our way to the 9/11 memorial before the skypod at the 9/11 observatory (amazing). subway to the high line and walked most of it before crossing the city back to our hotel. think we walked around 17ish miles in total.
we chose not to use a hop on hop off bus purely cos of the traffic which is horrendous. our feet felt it but it worked for us. we saw what we wanted and felt we crammed a lot in our 2 full days.
sorry for grammar etc as doing this on my phone.

Edited at 01:59 AM.
AlexE is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List