Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 3 Jun 18, 10:20 PM  
Link to this Post
caj
VIP Dibber

caj's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by tinkerella123 View Post
Perhaps caj is talking about the paid for restaurants ie -palo.
No not Palo ... and my DH hadn't wanted to take jacket. We were told he had to on-board for formal night only. It was a med 7 night dcl cruise.
caj is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 18, 08:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
To clarify for everyone -
You are not required to wear a jacket, or even to dress up for any of the main dining rooms (MDRs) on DCL. The only requirement in the MDRs is not wearing swimwear, coverups or vests.

Only in Palo and Remy do you have a dress code to speak of.
For Palo, the requirement for men is a collared shirt, trousers (chinos are fine) no shorts, trainers or flip flops. For ladies, no shorts, trainers or flip flops - I recommend maxi dress, summer dress - glitzy sandal/flip flops are ok - just not beach ones.
Tidy, clean and entire (no rips/holes) jeans are allowed, but it doesn't really fit with the setting in my opinion so we avoid.

For Remy, it's stricter. A jacket is required but tie is still optional. No jeans at all there.

For MDRs, jeans and shorts are absolutely fine, even on formal night if you choose to. You will see everything from tuxedos to shorts and lots in between.

Hope that helps.

Joa
Old 4 Jun 18, 02:00 PM  
Link to this Post
-kat-
Apprentice Imagineer

Awesome, thanks guys, it’s greatly appreciated! Sounds like we should wear similar to that which we wear to Yachtsman Steskhouse or Narcoossees...phew...one less thing 😀
-kat- is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 18, 09:04 AM  
Link to this Post
tinkerella123
Imagineer

Mobile

Disney cruises are a lot more relaxed than others this is why we love dc cruises so much.
tinkerella123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 18, 12:26 PM  
Link to this Post
-kat-
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by tinkerella123 View Post
Disney cruises are a lot more relaxed than others this is why we love dc cruises so much.
Good to know, thanks! We honestly can't wait to go! The only thing is that I'm a tad worried we'll be addicted after we try it
Glenbrook Villa & Animal Kingdom Lodge 2007, Animal Kingdom Lodge 2009, Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011, Animal Kingdom Lodge & The Polynesian 2014, The Wedding Pavilion & The Polynesian 2016, Animal Kingdom Lodge & The Disney Dream & The Yacht Club 2018, The Disney Dream & Animal Kingdom Lodge club level 2019,
-kat- is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 18, 04:15 PM  
Link to this Post
tinkerella123
Imagineer

Mobile

That is something I can guarantee .😀😀
tinkerella123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 18, 05:56 PM  
Link to this Post
MissVincent
Imagineer

Mobile

My husband wears shorts and t-shirt every night and didn't look out of place at all
MissVincent is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 18, 12:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer

I like to dress up a bit for the formal and semi formal evenings and so do my teenage daughters. I wear dresses and a linen skirt/trousers and nice top for the casual evenings.

I have read that people are not dressing up much now and nit even changing after the excursions, but I think it is up to personal preference.

My husband wears chinos/linen trousers and a pol shirt/shirt.

He has never worn a tie or jacket, even when dining in Paolo.
1972 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 18, 01:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Originally Posted by -kat- View Post
Good to know, thanks! We honestly can't wait to go! The only thing is that I'm a tad worried we'll be addicted after we try it
Just take a look at my signature block to have that addiction confirmed!