Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 3 Jun 18, 05:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Gwilspeed
slightly serious Dibber

Cool Lucy & Toms Pregnant trip Detroit / Orlando Oct 17 - Day 4 Volcano Bay, Walmart & Hooters

Hi all,

If you want to catch up my index is here

Today is something of a first as I’m waking solo in Florida. Did feel a little odd to be here on my own which such familiar surroundings.

I woke about 6:30 (still hate jet lag) and FaceTimed Lucy and Mum and Dad to let everyone know I made it to Florida ok.

Today I was heading up to the new volcano bay. We’d decided that I’d do universal solo as there wasn’t much lucy could do so I wanted to check out VB first.

Left the condo and headed up the I4 to Universal parking and found my way to the VB bus stop.

Look how empty the bus was. It was very quiet.

When I arrived I collected my annual pass that I preordered, we are going to be coming back in August with some friends so it made sense. Collected without a problem and I’m glad Universal now have a plastic card pass instead of the old paper ones.

The whole area is lovely and as it was pretty chilly the park was quiet. I collected my tau tau and went about linking it to my credit card and universal account.

I decided that I’d treat myself with a little luxury and brought the premium seating think it was $39 but can’t quite member.

Stuck my few bits of gear in the little locker and went for a lap of the park to get my bearings followed by a lap of the lazy river.
It was pretty cold by Florida levels it only seems to be crazy Brit’s in the park from the accents I could here. One life guard was even sat with his hoodie up shivering.

I only really noticed now chilly it was when I got out the water and my hands went numb. I decided I’d get a coffee to warm up a little, at this point my tau tau didn’t want to work with my credit card. The guy on the till attempted it 3 times but nothing in the end he gave me the coffee and said have a nice day, thank you free coffee.

Went back to my seating and sat for a while with my coffee and read for a little (yes I read, I don’t often read in fact I’m on the same book I started in our May 2016 trip spoiler it’s now June 18 and still on it just don’t get time at home)

After a bit I went off to find the aqua coaster, wow I was impressed I won’t go into detail but best water ride ever!

After that I floated round the fast river for a bit, again very impressed it was fun. Did couple of the other slides but only the single person ones. Didn’t do any of the multi person raft rides as was on my own and thought I’d wait until I return in 2018 with Lucy.

By now i was getting a little peckish so returned to the seating and raised the little flag to order some food. I’m not sure if it was because of the location of my seat or the fact it wasn’t busy so not many staff on but it was 30min before the guy came to take my food and drink order. I didn’t mind as was reading.
I ordered the Hawaiian flat bread and a Diet Coke. The flatbread was good and was just enough.

I let it go down while I finished my drink before I headed back to the aqua coaster, this time instead of riding on my own I was asked if I minded riding with 2 guys who had been going round multiple times on there own or the 2 of them. It was fine by me, on the first drop it was obvious that they worked for the ride manufacturers and we got chatting while going round as I love the engineering that goes into rides. They asked what I thought of it, I told them I really enjoyed it and they said I needed to go back as they weren’t overly happy with its performance and needed to go back and make some tweaks.
I was proper geeking out.

Had another few laps of the fast river then went and dried off while reading a bit more of my book. It was about 4 and I’d had enough water park fun for the day so got changed and headed back on the bus to the parking garage.

I really enjoyed my day at VB and look forward to returning in the summer. And sorry I’d thought I’d got more photos than this.

Decided I’d call into whole foods and grab a pick your own 6pack of beer then headed into Walmart to pick up couple of other bits.

They had a load of Halloween stuff in and these crazy bear heads

I txt Lucy this selfie which made her laugh.

Headed back down the i4 to the 192 my mate Nick (see my first report) had dared me to go to hooters as he’d gone on about it all the time of our May trip.

So called in to the new one on the 192, ordered the bacon wrapped chick wings, they were ok nothing mega.

Did pick nick up a tshirt for his birthday.

Got back to the condo about 8 enjoyed a beer while watching some US TV before hitting bed about 10:30

Thanks for reading alone on my first solo day in Florida!

Disneyland 05, 15 / NYC,11,16 / Vegas 07,15

Edited at 08:05 PM.
Gwilspeed is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 18, 08:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Zomax25
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Sounds like a fun day! Thanks for sharing :-)
Zomax25 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 18, 10:42 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Congratulations guys, I don’t know how I missed your news.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 18, 09:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Gwilspeed
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Zomax25 View Post
Sounds like a fun day! Thanks for sharing :-)
It was even didn’t mind being on my own.

Originally Posted by collybird View Post
Congratulations guys, I don’t know how I missed your news.
Thanks.

Gwilspeed is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 18, 08:35 PM  
Link to this Post
hross42877
Imagineer

Mobile

Volcano bay looks fab! Great day!

Holiday Inn I-Drive (Honeymoon!) Oct2003 /Quality Inn Plaza Feb 2005
Sheraton Studio City International Drive Oct 2010/2012/2013
Animal Kingdom Kidani Village Oct 2014/2016/2018/2023
Atlantis Palm Dubai? 2024
hross42877 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 18, 07:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Gwilspeed
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by hross42877 View Post
Volcano bay looks fab! Great day!
Yeah it was good, I was also surprised how quiet it was as well.