Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 6 Jun 18, 02:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
Originally Posted by grinner82 View Post
I had the mis fortune of being at EPCOT one evening during the food and wine festival and it was horrendous. It was full of people falling over, being sick in the toilets ( Rose and Crown) for which I told the manager who did say he would remove them, but its not what I want to see in Disney. If I want rowdy drunks I will go to the local town. Its sad that Disney have decided to increase their profits further with this perceived quick win.
I dont drink and I hate drunks with a passion. I have no time or patience for their antics.

I hope they limit all alcohol sales. Sad times really.
Not everyone who drinks becomes an unruly drunk (although I may have been categorised as such when riding a child's bike past the Yacht and Beach Club after an evening drinking around the world with friends, followed by a wonderful few hours in Jellyrolls).

It would be a pretty boring world if we called for restrictions on stuff just because we don't like it ourselves and/or a small minority of people are unable to be responsible in their use of it.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 18, 02:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Tbh knowing how strict the US is an alcohol & minors, I'm surprised that they are allowing drinks on "adult credits", especially as if you have already had your 1 then it's pretty obvious where the credits are coming from! I'd guess the first time the server get's reported then it's "jotters" time.
Just throwing this one out there but "we" often wonder why we Brits get such a bad reputation in relation to alcohol...we are all paying the approx. cost of a small family car & getting excited about a £8 beer & a £10 cocktail!
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 18, 02:57 PM  
Link to this Post
BarryL
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
Back to the main point, I wonder if this is a case where the tipping culture works in favour of the guest. If a server turns a blind eye to the under-age person and still provides "their" alcoholic beverage to be consumed by the adult, then the theoretical bill total will be higher meaning they will get a bigger tip.
I'm astonished that there are servers "turning a blind eye" as serving alcohol to a minor is a second degree misdemeanour and can result in jail and a hefty fine.

I know the minor isn't consuming the alcohol but just because they have "adult" dining credits doesn't give an automatic right to have an alcoholic drink served to the table.
T&C states 1 Non-Alcoholic/Alcoholic Drink per Meal
Enjoy a refreshing selection of non-alcoholic or alcoholic‡ (for Guests over 21)

Servers are running a big risk for that extra $2 tip
BarryL is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 18, 03:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
Originally Posted by BarryL View Post
I'm astonished that there are servers "turning a blind eye" as serving alcohol to a minor is a second degree misdemeanour and can result in jail and a hefty fine.

I know the minor isn't consuming the alcohol but just because they have "adult" dining credits doesn't give an automatic right to have an alcoholic drink served to the table.
T&C states 1 Non-Alcoholic/Alcoholic Drink per Meal
Enjoy a refreshing selection of non-alcoholic or alcoholic‡ (for Guests over 21)

Servers are running a big risk for that extra $2 tip
I'm not saying they are, I was merely speculating why they might if people have been allowed to take a boozey drink on a child's DDP credit, as others have suggested may have happened on occasion.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 18, 03:56 PM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

i am amazed you can do this given how tight the US is on drinking & ID

are you not technically buying alcohol for children, even if you drink it yourself?

i would have though that brings a public flogging in the US?!

Edited at 04:03 PM.
novocastrian is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 18, 04:06 PM  
Link to this Post
trampslikeus
Apprentice Imagineer

The DDP rules state one drink with each meal, and if you are over 21 this can now be an alcoholic drink.
It looks like some servers have found a way to increase their gratuity, based on including extra free alcoholic drinks, and then gaining on OOP purchased soft drinks.
Can't see it being allowed to continue
trampslikeus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 18, 05:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Ridersmom
Imagineer

Even if a server doesn't get charged with a misdeamor for serving alcohol to a minor, I am almost 100% certain that the server will lose his job-all for the sake of a $5. tip?

Whether you agree with the laws or not, US establishments tend to strictly enforce alsohol laws. The owner cannot only be fined but shut down for a period of time-neither one is good for business.
Ridersmom is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 18, 06:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Pinchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Ridersmom View Post
Even if a server doesn't get charged with a misdeamor for serving alcohol to a minor, I am almost 100% certain that the server will lose his job-all for the sake of a $5. tip?

Whether you agree with the laws or not, US establishments tend to strictly enforce alsohol laws. The owner cannot only be fined but shut down for a period of time-neither one is good for business.
As long as the dining credits are purchased by someone of age then there's no problem. Any alcohol will only be served to those of age regardless of who "owns" the credit.
Pinchy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 18, 06:38 PM  
Link to this Post
stupet11
Imagineer

Will be interesting - I imagine most of the time we will forget, or want a more refreshing / less dehydrating drink anyway.

I think if people want to get drink, they will just buy alcohol anyway…after a few they aren't really going to care how they get their fix!

Don't think I have seen anyone drink at Disney - too expensive…happy to give it a go though…(nah, kidding…waste of time being hungover…the food hangovers are enough!)
2012 Fairfield Inn IDrive 2013 Highland Reserve 2014 Old Key West 2015 Old Key West / Fantasy World 2016 New York / Cypress Pointe 2016 Cane Island 2017 Old Key West 2018 Port Orleans Riverside 2019 Keys / Cruise / Rosen Inn IDrive 2022 Port Orleans Riverside 2023 Idrive / Cruise 2023 Universal Dockside
stupet11 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 18, 07:16 PM  
Link to this Post
princess allie
VIP Dibber

We are only going to be onsite for 5 days next year and DS eats like a sparrow, so we are going to pay oop for a kids meal for him and this will allow us to use the adult credits he has for extra meals for us, so we will be circumnavigating the drink dilemma this way.

1998 Villa in Kissimmee 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014 Villa Lake Berkeley 2016 Villa Bass Lakes 2017 Villa on Solana and Vero Beach 2018 Villa on Highlands Reserve and St Pete Beach 2019 SLC, Cabana Bay, Highlands Reserve & Coronado Springs, 2020 Feb half term villa chilling. 2022 villa on Calabay Park and a trip Clearwater beach. 2023 Orlando and Clearwater
princess allie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List