Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 9 Jun 18, 07:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Tweety1
Imagineer

Is this comp genuine

resalesdvc
Has anyone used them? All the web addresses look similar but a simple hyphen and its another DVC company! Just trying to gather a list of reputable ones(I know Dibbers have already told me some)
Old 9 Jun 18, 07:26 PM  
Link to this Post
MissPiggy2012
VIP Dibber

Yes they are a genuine resale DVC company and get good reviews 👍🏻
Old 9 Jun 18, 09:45 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

Yes. That’s the family we used (although they worked for a different company at the time).
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 18, 10:55 PM  
Link to this Post
BarryandCaron
Imagineer

BarryandCaron's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 15
Mobile

We used them to buy in 2008 and to sell one of our contracts last year. They are a very good company.
Old 10 Jun 18, 12:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Tweety1
Imagineer

Thank you they have been great answering my q’s tonight. If you don’t mind me asking as a seller do you inflate the pp price so you can negotiate(a bit like buying a hse here). If you don’t want to answer it’s fine I just thought it would be good to know if a seller goes in thinking well I will take $3 less pp or pay closing costs? Plus what looks good in Disney’s eyes?
Old 12 Jun 18, 10:09 PM  
Link to this Post
MissPiggy2012
VIP Dibber

I have always offered a lower amount than the asking price apart from my last contract which was only for 50 points at Poly and I was losing out on contracts as they were going for asking price 😳 so it can depend on the resort and how large a contract you want.
Old 12 Jun 18, 10:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Tweety1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MissPiggy2012 View Post
I have always offered a lower amount than the asking price apart from my last contract which was only for 50 points at Poly and I was losing out on contracts as they were going for asking price 😳 so it can depend on the resort and how large a contract you want.
By how many points under have you offered and been successful? I’ve looked at the sold listings and the ones Disney has bought back and there is no pattern just random!
Old 13 Jun 18, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post
MissPiggy2012
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Tweety1 View Post
By how many points under have you offered and been successful? I’ve looked at the sold listings and the ones Disney has bought back and there is no pattern just random!
I offered $8 per point less on my first contract which was SSR and it was accepted without any counter so maybe I didn’t go low enough! Our next 2 contracts were BCV which can’t be bought direct from Disney so less room for negotiation. We did offer less but had counter offers, our first one we settled on $7 per point less and our second one $5 per point. It all depends on how desperate the seller is to sell and how sought after the resort is.
Old 13 Jun 18, 09:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Tweety1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MissPiggy2012 View Post
I offered $8 per point less on my first contract which was SSR and it was accepted without any counter so maybe I didn’t go low enough! Our next 2 contracts were BCV which can’t be bought direct from Disney so less room for negotiation. We did offer less but had counter offers, our first one we settled on $7 per point less and our second one $5 per point. It all depends on how desperate the seller is to sell and how sought after the resort is.
So there is room for movement it’s then whether Disney take them! What realtors have you used?
How do you find SSR as it’s between there and OKW? Trying to take into account future dues,if we resell which is more attractive,renting pts ect. We have just stayed at BWV and loved the boardwalk area but there is not enough yrs on the contract for us
Old 13 Jun 18, 09:43 PM  
Link to this Post
MissPiggy2012
VIP Dibber

We love SSR as we can walk to Disney Springs. My husband uses the gym and he thinks it’s the best one on property. It’s the most economical purchase when you consider years left, dues and points required to stay especially with standard view. Just noticed that you asked SSR vs OKW. I haven’t stayed there but it doesn’t appeal to us but others love it.

Edited at 09:46 PM.
MissPiggy2012 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List