Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 11 Jun 18, 03:04 PM  
Link to this Post
MissFortune
Imagineer

Question What offers tend to work out best value?

Hi All,

Would really appreciate some advice (get your crystal balls out at the ready).

I have been to DLP once before, so am familiar with the parks. However it was not booked by myself so I don't have any experience with offers and deals.

Just looking at what package deals should I look out for that usually work out at the best value?

I don't want to jump on booking and then realise another deal would have worked out much better!

The finer details.

When
May/June next year.

Accomodation
Would be looking to stay perhaps Newport Bay Club (maybe even DLH as it's a special occasion) but I know SL Golden Forest rooms come highly recommended too.

Travel
Would probably get the Eurostar.

Amount of nights
3 or 4

Travellers
2 Adults

Dining
Would want a proper breakfast at hotel buffet (including hot food).

Skip Lunch.

I would want do a character meal at Inventions. Dinners, I would want to do either Plaza Gardens/Cape Cod/Hunters Grill & definitely Chez Remy again.

Thank you for any help you can offer.

Edited at 03:08 PM.
MissFortune is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 18, 03:19 PM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

Mobile

It would probably be the 2 nights free deal then (for a 4-night stay). This works out at around 40% off, and then you can just pay for the meals you actually want.
sammykitten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 18, 09:18 PM  
Link to this Post
cairn114
Excited about Disney

This may give help to you a rough idea.
Here are some prices for next year May/June cheapest price, with/without HB added.

SL Montana £864 with half board £1232
SL GF £1046 with half board £1310

NB standard £878 with half board £1246
NB CC £1170 with half board £1434

This is a price for the current offer of free half board and 25% discount.

SL Montana LS £1207

This may not be the best price for the free half board, maybe someone else has some better comparisons.

Edited to correct half board prices.

Edited at 05:55 AM.
cairn114 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 18, 12:50 PM  
Link to this Post
MissFortune
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sammykitten View Post
It would probably be the 2 nights free deal then (for a 4-night stay). This works out at around 40% off, and then you can just pay for the meals you actually want.
Fab - thank you. Will keep an eye out for that & do the sums.

Originally Posted by cairn114 View Post
This may give help to you a rough idea.
Here are some prices for next year May/June cheapest price, with/without HB added.

SL Montana £864 with half board £956
SL GF £1046 with half board £1112

NB standard £878 with half board £970
NB CC £1170 with half board £1236

This is a price for the current offer of free half board and 25% discount.

SL Montana LS £1207

This may not be the price for the free half board, maybe someone else has some better comparisons.
Thank you for this, that's fab.

Am I right in thinking though if you get free HB that breakfast would only be a grab & go CS in the parks?

MissFortune is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 18, 08:40 PM  
Link to this Post
cairn114
Excited about Disney

Yes depending on the terms of the offer, free HB breakfast is counter service, if you buy the meal plan you get breakfast in the hotel.
If you want to book a club room, you probably need to book earlier on the 4 for 2 deal, as they seem to be really popular now that breakfast is not included as standard.

Op, I realised I had put the wrong price in for the half board, I have now corrected those values. Looking at the prices now, the free half board would just beat the standard room. I would decide how many nights you really want to stay for and if you would like a club room, we might be able to break it down like so:

Club room and 4 nights - 4 for 2 offer
Standard room with half board and < 4 nights - free half board offer

Edited at 06:06 AM.
cairn114 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 18, 12:42 PM  
Link to this Post
MissFortune
Imagineer

Originally Posted by cairn114 View Post
Yes depending on the terms of the offer, free HB breakfast is counter service, if you buy the meal plan you get breakfast in the hotel.
If you want to book a club room, you probably need to book earlier on the 4 for 2 deal, as they seem to be really popular now that breakfast is not included as standard.

Op, I realised I had put the wrong price in for the half board, I have now corrected those values. Looking at the prices now, the free half board would just beat the standard room. I would decide how many nights you really want to stay for and if you would like a club room, we might be able to break it down like so:

Club room and 4 nights - 4 for 2 offer
Standard room with half board and < 4 nights - free half board offer
Thanks again for your help.

Lots of number crunching to be done.