Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 11 Jun 18, 05:43 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile Fast pass AND rider switch, is it permitted?

Hi, we are just about ready to book our fast passes but want to clarify something. We are travelling as a family of 4 with 2 adults, an 8 year old and 3 year old. I am wondering how our fast pass will work if we need to split it for the rides where the 3 year old is too small to ride. For example AK, if we manage to book fast passes for flight of passage, could we use two (one adult and 8 year old) and then use rider swap for the other adult to ride or will we need to use three fast passes regardless? Just thinking the little one could then have a FP for somewhere like the outpost but would we then need to use another one for the adult to accompany her? Hope this makes sense.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 18, 09:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Tea
Imagineer

Mobile

I don't know what is afoot currently with FP+ But it used to be possibe to do as follows:
Book 2 FP for A and B for Splash Mountain. Approach FP with Junior. Get a Rider Swap for it. A and B ride. C D and E mind Junior. When A and B come out , CDE ride Splash.
Meanwhile CDE have FP booked for Thunder Mountain. So you do the opposite (cde ride and AB use the rider swap)
This frowned on by Dibbers as it is technically cheating the system. And it is probably why Disney are changing the system to prevent this being done. Perhaps different measures are already in place. I don't know as I've not read any different in the interim and stories vary.
Old 11 Jun 18, 09:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Tea
Imagineer

Mobile

In short, it was possible to do what you are saying but not sure if still the case as changes happening/happened.
And noone is likely to corroborate if still possible at the moment due to it being frowned on
Old 11 Jun 18, 10:35 PM  
Link to this Post
willmatt
Very Serious Dibber

Yes you will still be able to do this. The only difference may be that your 13 year old may not be able to go on again with the other adult.
Unless things change if I was you I would only book one fastpass and then get child swap for the other adult and 13 year old.
As for a fastpass for the 3 year old, yes you would need a fastpass to accompany her too.
willmatt is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 18, 01:27 PM  
Link to this Post
bigjamiek2
Proud to wear my Ears

I believe as of the 18th June. Rider Switch is going digital. Therefore you wont be issued with paper rider switch tickets to 'abuse the system'.
In this case if parent 1 rides the attraction with child whilst parent 2 looks after infant, child will have FP reactivated to allow them to ride again with awaiting parent whilst parent 1 takes over care of infant.
If no FP's and going on via stand by, parent 2 and child will have rider switch FP activated so parent 1 and child ride after queuing then parent 2 and child can fast pass.
This way the use is what it was designed for and no rider switch tickets can be 'sold'!
All members of family must be present when getting rider switch activated.

wdwnt/2018/06/breaking-w...-combat-fraud/

Edited at 01:42 PM. Reason: Add source link
bigjamiek2 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 18, 08:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Tea
Imagineer

Even with the new digital system it appears that the 2nd party can ride without FP.
Parents, Johnny and Baby approach Everest. Dad and Johnny go on Everest using FP. Mum has a FP for FOP, for example but none for Everest.
Cast member loads Rider Swap FP onto Mum and Johnnys magic band. When Dad and Johnny finish, Mum and Johnny scan in thru FP line using their Rider Swap FP.
Or is it that the CM will refuse to load a RS FP for Johnny as he's already riding first time with Dad?
Tea is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 18, 11:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Ball81
Excited about Disney

Tea this is the way I hope it is . Busy booking fastpasses at the minute. Couple of the bigger rides split into a group of 5 then 2 (myself and 4yr old. So was thinking I could then rider switch but go back on with my daughter. Little confused with the possible new system as to if I will need a fast pass also which would make the switch pointless.
Ball81 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 18, 05:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Disney Ariel View Post
For example AK, if we manage to book fast passes for flight of passage, could we use two (one adult and 8 year old) and then use rider swap for the other adult to ride
Yes, that's correct.

It works like this:

1. Party approach CM at entrance to ride and request Rider Switch.
2. Group A enter the ride - either entering the regular queue or using prebooked fastpasses to enter the fastpass queue - whilst Group B look after the child outside the ride.
3. Group A leave ride, meet up with Group B and swap over.
4. Group B enter the ride - using the Rider Switch ticket (or eticket*) to enter the fastpass queue - whilst Group A look after the child outside the ride.
5. Group B leave ride and meet up with Group A.

Thus, in the above, only Group A require fastpasses (one fastpass per person in Group A). According to Disney's online rules Group B should only contain a maximum of 2 people. However, many DIBBers have said in the past that the system allows up to 3 people in Group B. Disney may be clamping down on this.

* Note that the above applies both with the new system and the old system. The main differences between the two systems are that in the new system the Rider Switch ticket is electronic (now stored on your MDE account linked to your tickets/MagicBands) and you'll have a smaller window in which to use the Rider Switch eticket (maybe a 1 or 2 hour window rather than up to a month in the old system).

Just to note that no one knows all the details regarding the new electronic Rider Switch system yet - no one has used it yet - so some of the above may be subject to change. We'll have to wait and see.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~

Edited at 05:59 PM.
Nimbus is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 18, 06:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Ball81
Excited about Disney

Mobile

All sounds perfect to me and that's how I've booked fast passes so far, only thing I thought I could maybe do is a ride with the little one using his FastPass instead of waiting outside the ride, but hopefully no great shakes.

Thanks for advice
Ball81 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 18, 06:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
sorry nice but dim Tim here.

Two adults one child.

.one adult has to wait outside ride with child while other adult goes in

Or we both go in and do rider switch?
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List