Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 13 Jun 18, 12:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Redrach1903
Disney Dreaming :)

Redrach1903's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Arrow The Magnificent Seven - April 2018 - Day 6 - Hollywood Studios and 3 become 7!

Day 5 is here and Emma's pre-travel day is here

Thursday 12th April

I was woken this morning by Chris asking where my car keys were! As in my car keys back home. Eh, in the house dear! Guys had turned up to lay concrete for the garage Chris is building and apparently my car was in the way. Not a lot we could do about it from across the Atlantic! Anyway, it turned out to be a non-issue as they managed to work around it!

Once I was properly awake (at 6.30am) I looked at my phone and saw that Emma had sent me a couple of pics! They were well and truly on their way

Abi was wearing her new Disney t-shirt I got her

Chris was very excited that the boys would soon be here to golf with!

They wouldn’t be here till much later, so we had plans to go to Disney's Hollywood Studios today. Our first FP was for RRC, but Jake had already decided that he hadn’t quite reached the upside down rollercoaster level of brave yet, so we decided to cancel that one and have a slower paced start to the morning. Well, that was the plan, but I'm not very good at sitting still for long, so at 7.10am I went off for a walk around the estate! It was a beautiful morning I did a full circuit of Coventry Road. It was lovely and peaceful. Sadly I didn’t see any racoons, which may or may not have been the sole purpose of my walk. Humph. I did see a squirrel and a lizard (or 100) though.

Our house

By the time I got back Jake was up and about and we enjoyed watching this crazy squirrel running all over the lenai for a while.

We were all ready to leave at 8.40am. Not that slow a start then! Haha! We fancied a proper breakfast today, so we drove along to the new IHOP at Berry Town Center

I think we had a little wait, but nothing major. Jake clearly thinks he's celebrity status, sitting inside with this shades on….

Chris chose a BLT, I had cupcake pancakes with bacon and Jake had the Silver 5 which is one of the kids breakfast deals.

Everything was really tasty with the exception of the tea which was the worst cup of tea I've had in my entire life! Jake finished all of his and then proceeded to eat one of my pancakes too! Little piggy! Oh, and there was a fully grown man at the table next to us banging his cutlery on the table like a 3 year old! He clearly thought this was funny, what an obnoxious *bleep*. His kids were better behaved. Anyway we paid up ($31 plus tip) and left at 9.20am.

There was an advert for treatment of premature ejaculation on the radio. LOLS. Bit early in the day for that kind of chat, no? Thankfully Jake didn’t seem to have heard it or chose not to ask what it meant! Phew. We arrived at DHS at 9.50am and saw the progress on construction of Star Wars Land.

We parked in Film 55 and walked to the entrance.

We caught the tail end of the March of the first Order, but decided we would come back and watch it properly from the start in a bit!

Our first Fast Pass was for ToT, so we headed down Sunset Boulevard.

We stopped for a Photo Pass.

Then we just kind of walked up to Tower of Terror. There was no discussion about whether or not Jake wanted to ride, he just kept walking. I couldn’t believe my eyes when he tapped in. I would have bet my mortgage on him not doing it!

Never thought I'd see this sight! I kept expecting him to change his mind and about turn, but nope!

I always take photos of the queue area here and for that I make no apologies. I bloody love the theming.

Tower of Terror selfie! I was clearly too excited to strike a scared pose

I wondered if Jake would freak out a bit in the library, but other than his heart beating out of chest in anticipation (bless him), he was actually ok! I think he found the stretching room in the Haunted Mansion scarier!

No going back now….

[continued in next post]

Edited at 12:38 PM.
Redrach1903 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 18, 12:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Redrach1903

Redrach1903's Reviews
[continued from previous post]

WELL! He absolutely loved it! After the first drop he turned to me and said "can we go on again?!" I was like "it's not finished yet" Too funny! The only bummer abot the whole thing was that someone put their hands up in front of Jake's face, so you can barely see him! Typical!

Bell Hop Stitch is my fave!

We had a look in the gift shop where I think Chris bought a pin for his man bag collection! Jake was saying that he liked the rainbow mickey pins. We didn’t have the heart to tell him what they represent! Oh, Chris also bought Jake one of the Tower of Terror t-shirts! And we took this pic and sent it to his mum! She couldn’t believe he had actually ridden it! She said she would go and order Fortnite for him

More posing happened. Do you think he was proud of himself?

I jumped onto MDE to see if I could switch our Indiana Jones FP for another ride to the twilight zone and I couldn’t believe it when Toy Story Mania popped up as an option! The FP entrance was meant to have been closed from that day due to the opening of Toy Story Land, so we were kind of resigned to the fact that we wouldn’t be able to ride it this year! What a boost! I snapped it up immediately! We then headed to Hollywood Boulevard to wait for the next March of the First Order. Even though I'm in no way a Star Wars fan, I do love this! It's the music!

P1020758 by

We saw the Storm Troopers and what's her chops (Captain something?) coming off stage at the end….

RIP Great Movie Ride…..

We had a wee peek at the progress of Toy Story Land. Sooooo gutted to have missed this by a couple of months! Always the way with us! A custodial CM called Kenny saw us looking and came over and pointed out bits and pieces to us and explained all the plans for the land. What a sweetie he was!

Onto Toy Story Mania!

We saw these guys marching past!

Love this ride so much, it's so fun!

Can't remember the significance of Jake holding up 3 fingers here!

Jake sat with Chris and I went like a loner. Jake's score was 48,000, mine was 107,000 and Chris got 189,000. Chris was awful chuffed to have the best in vehicle score, but let's be honest, he only had me and Jake to beat

After TSM, we went to see if we could see anything interesting where they are building the Star Wars stuff, but there wasn’t a whole lot to look at!

We checked the wait time to meet Buzz & Woody, but Jake wasn’t bothered enough to wait 35 minutes. Instead he asked if he could get his face painted!

I give you Indiana Bones. Not a name I'd have chosen for a kids face painting, but hey….

Onwards to Walt Disney Presents! It's been a while since we had a look around here. This is definitely worth a visit if you've never been, I find it really interesting.

I wanted to catch the next showing of One Man's Dream as I've never actually seen it! Chris and Jake were still looking around, so I just ditched them and went in by myself!

Oh man, I loved this so much! It was so interesting and a little bit emotional! I admit to tearing up a bit! I couldn’t see the boys so continued to look around….

[continued in next post]
Redrach1903 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Link to this Post
Redrach1903

Redrach1903's Reviews

I then got a text from Chris to say they were waiting to meet Groot and were nearly at the front, so to hurry up! Waaaaa! I had to be "that gal" that pushes past saying "excuse me, just catching up with my family". Sozzles! Confession time – I have never seen Guardians of the Galaxy, but I know who Groot is and he is SUPER cute! I AM GROOT

I didn’t have a clue who the guy was! I didn’t actually realise he is meant to be Chris Pratt's character until I showed the guys at work! Oops! Anyway, it was a cool meet and greet. See below video I am going to watch the movies soon!

Love these photos! Especially since Jake's face is painted! Hehehe

On our way out another green army walked by and said to Jake "nice facial camouflage" We then got settled for the next A Galaxy Far Far Away Show….

I got bored wating though, so wondered off with my camera….

What happened to all the heads that used to be here?! I am most concerned about where Walt's head is! If it's up for grabs, I'll take it!

Anyway, back to the show! I find it all a bit bewildering given my lack of Star Wars knowledge. Must get up to speed before Star Wars Land opens!

She's just plain ugly

Now, breakfast was a long time ago, so it was well and truly time for a snack and Sweet Spells was the chosen destination!

The boys both got a bag of runts (Chris's fave sweetie) and I got a Cake Pop.

Where the bloody hell have these been all my life? SO good.

It was around 1pm now and we had pretty much done everything we had wanted to, so decided to head for the exit. A short, but very enjoyable visit to DHS Oh, it says in my notes that Chris bought his pin on the way out, so it wasn’t earlier on at the ToT gift shop! I think there's a photo of it on another day, along with some other new ones!

We walked to the car and then headed for International Drive as we had to go to a golf shop to pick up clubs that Dad and Paul had hired for the duration of their holiday! This was a simple process and we were done quickly. Chris obviously had to have a wee look around before we left though!

After that we needed some lunch and because we are super adventurous and posh, we went for a McDonald's We went to the giant one on I Drive! This one has a pizza counter and everything! McDonald's do pizza? Who knew?!

I had a Bic Mac Meal with no cheese and no lettuce (why must they pack so much lettuce in those things?), Chris had a Quarter Pounder with cheese meal and Jake had a good old Chicken McNuggets Happy Meal! $24.79. That hit the spot! No photos, soz!

After lunch we needed to fill up the car, so went to the Shell garage next door. This took longer than necessary due to this inconsiderate moron abandoning his car and blocking the way! Selfish people at petrol stations really get on my nerves!

Anyway, $40 filled the tank. Cheap as chips. On the way back to the villa we stopped at the Marketplace for I don’t remember what, but I did buy some new PJs

Once back at the villa we ran the hoover round and generally tidied up a bit for the gang's arrival! I then used too many of my cleansing wipes to take off Jake's face paint, so he could go in the pool! He then FaceTimed Chris's mum and was telling her all about his triumph on ToT!

Pool time was had next and we played that game where you throw a coin in the pool and Jake had to dive for it for a while! I also set up the Echo Dot I had brought with me so we could listen to music by the pool

We were keeping an eye out for the troops arriving! We expected them around 5ish, but 5 came and went and no troops I hadn’t heard from them either, so we assumed they had been held up in customs or whatever! I was pacing the floors waiting for them

FINALLY at 6.15pm they arrived Poor Abi was very tired and looked utterly bewildered! Emma said she hadn’t been feeling that great the past few days and that she hadn’t slept much on the flight. Poor wee toot! However, when she saw the pool she wanted in, so Emma took her in for a wee dip! Jake was desperate to play with her, but she was only wanting her Mum!

After her swim, Abi had a bath, where she was amused by stickers from the shampoo bottle for a while, and into her PJs. The plan tonight had originally been for us all to go out for tea to try and keep Abi up as late as possible so she was used to the time difference, but since she was poorly Emma and Paul decided it was best they stayed in with her tonight and got her off to bed soon! She had a little snack first…

Look at her tired wee face!

She then got a wee burst of energy and followed the boys into the garage and played on the pool table for a bit!

[continued in next post]
Link to this Post
Redrach1903

Redrach1903's Reviews

Dad, Chris, Jake and I left Emma and Paul to get Abi organised for bed and left the villa at 7.20pm. I said we would go to Walmart to get the buggy that Emma wanted for Abi. She sent me a screen shot of it, so I knew it was the right one! The hardest part was actually finding the right section of this ridiculously huge store!

I found the buggy easily once that section was located though! It was around $50. We then hit the road again to get some grub!

We settled on Applebees at Berry Town Centre.

Chris and I shared some appetizers consisting of quesadilla, tacos and wings, Jake had a kids sirloin steak and Dad had chicken tenders! Big kid You think I'm fussy? You ain't seen nothing yet We also ordered some shrimp and fries for Emma and Paul to take back for them.

The food was nice, but it took aaaaaaaaaaages for dad's chicken to come for some reason! Total for everything was $101 and Dad insisted on paying!

We got back to the villa about 9. Jake and Dad both went off to bed straight away and Chris and I chatted to Emma and Paul while they ate their tea. They said Abi hadn’t moved since they put her down, so hopefully she would have a long sleep! Chris built Abi's buggy and it was really decent considering how cheap it was!

We yapped to Emma and Paul a while longer, feeling very excited for our first full day together tomorrow, and then we all headed off to bed around 10pm!

Thanks for reading

Steps today – 19,763 (8.62 miles)

Tomorrow the boys golf in the morning and we all meet up at SeaWorld It's here

Edited at 12:33 PM.
Old 13 Jun 18, 01:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Lorry69
Getting Excited

Love reading your trip reports, you always go into great detail. We head out on Monday staying at Highlands Reserve, my dh and ds can’t wait to golf at Celebration. I recommended it to them after reading your reports and mentioning Chris playing there. Have a fab time.
Lorry69 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 18, 01:49 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Well done to Jake for riding Tower of Terror

Joan
Old 13 Jun 18, 03:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Mad Hatters
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Awesome day.

Jake was super brave doing tower of terror. Wish I was brave enough haha.
Mad Hatters is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 18, 03:56 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Well done Jake! I am so glad he liked it. I wish I could be a brave as him, maybe this year?! I told my boyfriend I was thinking of doing RnRC and ToT for the first time in the same day and he just laughed. I think you probably planned it just right going straight there before he had the chance to change his mind.

Glad everyone arrived safely!
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 18, 06:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

Hurray, 3 become 7! I have been very excited for this day, you are great and all that but I really can't get enough of the super cute photos of Abi!

What a superstar Jake is for braving ToT, and with absolutely no fuss at all (I hate to say it H, but he has properly shown you up here!)

Such a great morning at DHS and what a result managing to bag a last minute FP for TSMM! A little bit of Disney magic right there!

Abi looked so pooped bless her, such a long day of travelling, she did amazing, especially when feeling under the weather too. I am so excited for your first full day all together tomorrow! xxx

P.S how is this only your first time of seeing One Man's Dream?!
Lisa_Lollipop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 18, 08:20 PM  
Link to this Post
HelenJNT
Imagineer

Ahhh DHS - my fave. Well done Jake! (I see you, Lisa 👀 )And he didn’t even need the 4 beers I did to get me on it. So chuffed for him. R&R next!

Can’t believe you haven’t seen the Guardians movies. So much fun!
And you have a LOT of catching up to do to get up to speed for Star Wars.

Also you got the One Man’s Dream movie which is rare these days - it’s usually movie trailers.

YAY for the team arriving. I bet they were so pleased to get to you eventually. Long day for Abi. Pleased the Magnificent Seven are together at last! xx
HelenJNT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List