Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 15 Jun 18, 09:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Gwilspeed
slightly serious Dibber

Cool Lucy & Toms Pregnant trip Detroit / Orlando Oct 17 - Day 7 Cracker Barrel, Walmart & HOB

Welcome to day 7. index is here if you want to catch up.

Lucy woke up around 6 which was really good for her on her day Florida day. She must have been tired after stressing yesterday. Luckily her pains had stopped and she was feeling much better after a really good sleep. I woke about 8, we then FaceTimed family together to let them know Lucy had got here ok without any major drama.

If you don’t know the condo we stay in if Lucy’s mom and dads. They rent it out and we are mega lucky to have its use. Steve Lucy’s Dad asked if I could have a look at the air con as it had developed a small squeak.
Some messing about on a ladder and half can of wd40 later it seemed to have stopped (or at least got better).

Our traditional first Orlando morning is breakfast at Cracker Barrel.
As normal for a Sunday it was a 30min wait for a table which gives some time to look round the shop.

Got a table bit quicker, lucy ordered sampler plate with chocolate milk
I had eggs in a basket but I wanted to swap out the bacon or sausage for country Ham as I have done before.
Apparently our waitress couldn’t do that (why? ) but she’d let me order the ham as an extra side (bigger tip?) fine I’ll do that eggs in basket, sausage and side of Ham.

When the food came my eggs came with bacon and no ham. I pointed this out and she apologised and headed back to the kitchen.
A different waiter then brought over sausage and ham as I’d got about half was though my eggs without any word.
Didn’t complain to much triple meat.
Don’t know why but I didn’t take any photos of breakfast this morning. Apart from the chocolate milk

the service overall was pretty poor didn’t get a refill on my coffee. We left a pretty low tip.

We left and headed to Target so Lucy could check out there maternity range. She got a couple of bits.

Next on our shopping trip was Walmart, we picked up some food bits that Lucy wanted and some new boxers for me.
We take a selfie together (is that possible?) to match the one a took the other day

We headed back down the 192 and up the i4 to the Vineland outlets for a look round.
We looked in all our normal shops but didn’t get much. Apart from a new shop for us motherhood, we spent ages in there while lucy was trying maternity clothes on. we came away with quite a few as well.
They also gave Lucy a new mom goodie pack with money off coupons and a free baby’s bottle.
Again I’m starting to fail today with lack of photos.

I spent a while in fossil debating one of their new hybrid smart watches. (Spoiler this turns out to be my will I won’t I all trip.)

It was late afternoon so headed to Disney springs as we had an evening ADR at HOB by the time we’d got there we were early for our ADR

There were half way in to the demolition of Disney quest it’s always sad to see old things go but sure it’s worth it if the rest of the DS redo is anything to go by.

We went if for our ADR about 20min early but they seated us straight away.
I was really looking forward to ordering the tater tots again after our May trip was gutted that they had changed the menu last week and tots no longer on it! 😩

We had the cheese dip as a sharer starter as we were both pretty hungry.

Lucy ordered the salmon salad while I went for the BBQ brisket. Both were good despite no tots.

We had a bit of a wonder round some of the shops, I picked up a long sleeve tshirt from lucky brand for a bargain price of $12. Just as well that I did as it was chilly this evening the thermostat in the car was reading 13deg I’ve never seen it so low.

We were back at the condo just after 9, Lucy headed to bed while I watched a replay of the Grand Prix. I already knew the result and it was pretty poor from our point of view neither car finished.

Thanks for reading what was a slow day of shops with not many photos
Tomorrow there is a bit of activity when we visit Epcot.

Disneyland 05, 15 / NYC,11,16 / Vegas 07,15

Edited at 04:22 PM.
Gwilspeed is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 18, 09:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
What a great day, good to hear that Lucy felt better after a rest. I lived on chocolate milk whilst I was pregnant. Cracker Barrel is a great breakfast choice, we love it there, so much choice 😊 a Walmart shop is always needed - good to see you both having fun there 😁. HOB is another favourite of ours, looks like you had a great meal there too! Looking forward to the rest of your report!
Sparksy72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 18, 04:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Gwilspeed
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Sparksy72 View Post
What a great day, good to hear that Lucy felt better after a rest. I lived on chocolate milk whilst I was pregnant. Cracker Barrel is a great breakfast choice, we love it there, so much choice 😊 a Walmart shop is always needed - good to see you both having fun there 😁. HOB is another favourite of ours, looks like you had a great meal there too! Looking forward to the rest of your report!
Thanks for reading and your comments.

After those pains she felt better the whole pregnancy, and we also lived in milk (not as much chocolate milk) to combat heartburn, but you’ll hear more about that in one of the upcoming days.

Gwilspeed is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 18, 10:56 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

I am still quite sad about Disney Quest, it made for a good rainy-day activity and, sadly, the NBA Experience isn’t something that will appeal to me.

Glad you had a nice meal. I think we’re going to do House of Blues this year, I am frustrated at having to wait until we’re 6 weeks out to book.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 18, 10:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Gwilspeed
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by collybird View Post
I am still quite sad about Disney Quest, it made for a good rainy-day activity and, sadly, the NBA Experience isn’t something that will appeal to me.

Glad you had a nice meal. I think we’re going to do House of Blues this year, I am frustrated at having to wait until we’re 6 weeks out to book.
I quite like that it’s on open table only a few weeks before, normally stand a better chance of getting a table,as I swear fewer people know it’s on there. We only booked this visit 3 weeks out and they had loads of availability. Yet on the night there was a queue of people trying walk ups.