Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 17 Jun 18, 09:36 PM  
Link to this Post
lam
VIP Dibber

I threw in all of last years clothes after I washed them and put them in vaccuum bags!
They are all crushed to bits so I can now wash them again and have loads to try and dry and then iron it all OR I can try and steam iron everything over the next couple of weeks.

DO you iron everything in your case?
Go on you can tell us-we are all friends on the dibb!

3/01-Sheraton 4 Pts & WDW Contemporary.7/07-DLP Sequoia. 3/08-WDW Pop & POFQ. 7/08-DLP Sequoia.4/09, 3/10 & 4/11-WDW AKV, 7/11- Doubletree@Seaworld & AKV -03/12, 3/13- WDW AKV 8/14 [I]Cabana Bay,OKW & AKV.07/15-BVP,BLT & AKV07/17-POR,BLT & AKV.07/18-AKV-Jambo,Cabana Bay Beach, Beacon Hotel,New York..07/20TRIP CANCELLED- 10/21-Cheyenne,DLP-7/22-AKV, Coronado & Poly.12/23-AKV, POR,BLT &ASM
lam is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 18, 04:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Alien
Imagineer

I don't iron. Ever!

I usually buy clothes that are ok without ironing, machine wash on hand wash cycle and air dry gently.

I keep thinking I need to cut down on my dresses, is 9 too much?

Edited at 05:05 AM.
Alien is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 18, 06:08 AM  
Link to this Post
nadya
Imagineer

Sounds good Alien-I have around 9 dresses too,so easy no decision to make in the morning about a matching outfit!.Although like you do have a few shorts and t-shirts too.
nadya is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 18, 06:40 AM  
Link to this Post
TinkTatoo
Imagineer

TinkTatoo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 9
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by lam View Post
Originally Posted by Alien View Post
I don't iron. Ever!

I usually buy clothes that are ok without ironing, machine wash on hand wash cycle and air dry gently.
I'm exactly the same except I don't use the hand wash cycle. Just air dry in the summer and use a clothes horse / radiator in the winter. As long as everything is hung up or folded once it's dry then there's no need to iron.

I keep thinking I need to cut down on my dresses, is 9 too much?
Will you wear all 9? if you're tight for space (especially on the way home) I'd think about only bringing 3 or 4 you'll have washing facilities so could afford to take less clothes and you're bound to see a dress or two out there that you'd like to buy once you're there

Edited at 06:41 AM.
TinkTatoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 18, 06:52 AM  
Link to this Post
ziggyzag
Imagineer

Originally Posted by jmt View Post
Suitcases are out; 2 between 3 of us and filling up nicely

We're staying in a condo so one is filled with clothes, shoes, washing powder, toilet rolls (to pack it out) and the other food. As I have Coeliac Disease and with the $ rate low we're taking breakfast cereals, crisps, biscuits, squash, tea, coffee and only intend eating out once a day. I usually pack 5 or 6 outfits plus two swimmies each. We could get our clothes, shoes and electricals in one suitcase but my sister and I have a love of BBW so need the space for shopping

I hate this run up to the holiday (and wish I wasn't going) as I hate the travelling, fear that we may breakdown on the way to the airport, have a problem at check-in or an issue at immigration. I only relax when we're driving along Lake Mary Boulevard and pop in to Macdonalds for a milkshake
I didn't think you could use UK toilet paper in US toilets as their pipes are narrower and they block?
ziggyzag is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 18, 06:54 AM  
Link to this Post
ziggyzag
Imagineer

I threw in all of last years clothes after I washed them and put them in vaccuum bags!
They are all crushed to bits so I can now wash them again and have loads to try and dry and then iron it all OR I can try and steam iron everything over the next couple of weeks.

Never Iron, as soon as they are out of the tumble dryer , fold and put away, don't need ironing then!
ziggyzag is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 18, 07:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Holidaylover19
VIP Dibber

Holidaylover19's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 2
Last year I only took a few of everything, shorts, t-shirts etc. Stayed somewhere with a washing machine and still ran out of clothes by the end. This year, think I'll take a week's worth of everything and wash more frequently.

I was also really organised, started packing list 2 months in advance, rounded up and washed clothes a week before we went so I could pack the day before we left with ease!
Holidaylover19 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 18, 12:31 PM  
Link to this Post
The Muppets
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by ziggyzag View Post
I didn't think you could use UK toilet paper in US toilets as their pipes are narrower and they block?
I was also told this. I think a DIBB villa owner on here also mentioned that she has to warn her guests about not bringing UK toilet roll.
The Muppets is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 18, 11:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Cha cha
Imagineer

Mobile

I always iron, mainly t-shirts, but can't help myself, just have to iron them before packing 😂
Cha cha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 18, 11:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Cha cha
Imagineer

Mobile

get packing cha cha! Time for holiday!
Managed to finish it all yesterday - phew!
At Gatwick now, all ready for tomorrow 😊
Cha cha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List