Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 17 Jun 18, 04:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Gwilspeed
slightly serious Dibber

Cool Lucy & Toms Pregnant trip Detroit / Orlando Oct 17 - Day 9, Halloween, celebration & deluxe burger

Yeah thanks if you’ve read any of our others days. If you haven’t you can find them here

Today was Halloween and the plan was due to be a lazy chill out day round the condo pool, followed by a trip to see the decorated houses in celebration, ok I know we don’t do pool days but it was at least meant to be a pool morning. It was still pretty cold, I even had jeans on so decided against the pool.

We messed about round the condo for a bit watched bit of tv and FaceTimed home while we decided what we’d do.

After bit of thought we fancied going off to find hobby lobby as they sold a certain style of diary with accessories that lucy likes. Quick google and found one about 30min away at the crossroads shopping centre (annoyingly I’ve just googled to remind myself where is was and noticed it’s next to the Loop shopping area if we’d have know we’d have gone for a look at some other shops) so off we went.

Lucy got her diary and stickers and we had a look at some of the other shops on the retail park. We both ended up getting some Halloween bits to wear at tomorrow’s MNSSHP they were reducing all the Halloween stuff so only cost us about $5.

We were getting hungry, called into Fresh Market to get a sandwich or something for lunch. I grabbed a beer pack to stock up and we both had one of there chicken plates from the hot counter. It was good chicken and they even had some tables out side on a little terrace to sit and eat.

The original plan B was to head to Disney Springs for a little for a look round before heading to Celebration. Time was later than we thought so decided we’d miss DS but go after for dinner. Plugged directions into sat nav app for celebration and headed off.
On way we stopped at Target as my little brother had asked for us to look for a T-shirt while we were there. Spoiler this turns into a big hunt for the rest of the trip.

Lucy then spotted a small sketchers store so we headed in there 2 pairs of trainers later we were back on our way.

Celebration was quieter than I expected after reading loads about how busy it gets on Halloween but it was only mid afternoon and guess kids were still in school.
We managed to park the car with relative ease, the first stop was to grab a drink so headed to the outdoor bar at the celebration tavern. I grabbed an IPA and Lucy had a mock tail.
It was pretty cool sitting here listen to some of the locals chatting, it would be a super cool place to live and have as your local pub. The staff were also all dressed up for Halloween with my favourite (guessing he was the owner) had gone full Hugh Hefner.

We could see the streets starting to get a little busier now with kids coming out in costumes.

We finished our drinks and started to walk round looking at the different houses. Wow we were impressed with the amount of effort people put in, not just with house decorations but costumes, there were a few older kids with just a rubbish mask but most people made a huge effort. Our favourites were when families all dress to a theme.

We walked round for while (actually we did 5miles according to iPhone) the whole area was now getting very busy with police directing travel. We started to feel very out of place not being in costume or having kids with us so we decided to head to DS for dinner.

We drove out the longer route to see some of the area we hadn’t walked round, we’d been to celebration before but I didn’t realise it was as big as it is. Plus the themeing of the houses got better but I was driving so couldn’t get any photos.
So glad we came early as the queue of cars to get in was backed up onto the 192!

We parked in DS and decided we fancied burgers so went off to find delux burger. Can’t remember what we had as didn’t make a note of them but I do have they were good. We also got all the dips to have with the fries. Sorry trip report fail again.

After we’d eaten we looked in some of the stores we hadn’t been in yet and some we had. I do enjoy just wandering round DS especially at night. They had a few bits extra as it was Halloween, the zombie marching band were very good.

We got back to the condo about 11 and both crashed.

Disneyland 05, 15 / NYC,11,16 / Vegas 07,15
Gwilspeed is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 18, 07:20 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Really enjoying your trip report so far Tom. I look forward to reading more

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 18, 08:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Gwilspeed
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by smithlane View Post
Really enjoying your trip report so far Tom. I look forward to reading more
Thanks glad that your enjoying it

Gwilspeed is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 18, 09:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Zomax25
VIP Dibber

Mobile

What a great day. We were in Celebration that same evening! The Game of Bones house was incredible. It was such a great experience I really hope we get to do it again. The kids had a ball and we had dinner in the Tavern afterwards. My eldest’s favourite part of the evening was that the waiter was dressed as an emoji poo! 💩 When an older couple sat down next to us they asked what he was and we all chuckled away. Thanks for sharing i’m really enjoying reading along.
Zomax25 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 18, 09:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Gwilspeed
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Zomax25 View Post
What a great day. We were in Celebration that same evening! The Game of Bones house was incredible. It was such a great experience I really hope we get to do it again. The kids had a ball and we had dinner in the Tavern afterwards. My eldest’s favourite part of the evening was that the waiter was dressed as an emoji poo! 💩 When an older couple sat down next to us they asked what he was and we all chuckled away. Thanks for sharing i’m really enjoying reading along.
wow what a small world being there on the same night. I'd love to go back and do it again with kids to trick or treat.

No problem sharing i quite enjoy writing them up.

Old 18 Jun 18, 11:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Palm trees
Apprentice Imagineer

Fab day, I'd love to see Celebration at Halloween. Great photos
Palm trees is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 18, 10:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridaagogo
Imagineer

Never been to Celebration.think we will have to go after your fab photos x
Floridaagogo is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 18, 11:00 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Great pictures from Celebration, it is like a film set, reminds me of the movie Pleasantville.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 18, 10:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Gwilspeed
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Palm trees View Post
Fab day, I'd love to see Celebration at Halloween. Great photos
If you ever get the chance go. The place had a really cool feeling about it, but like being in a movie when kids are out trick and treating. Had me think of ET

Originally Posted by Floridaagogo View Post
Never been to Celebration.think we will have to go after your fab photos x
Go it’s lovely, even without all the Halloween decorations it’s great. So chilled and looking at all the houses is great.

Originally Posted by collybird View Post
Great pictures from Celebration, it is like a film set, reminds me of the movie Pleasantville.
Thanks, don’t think I’ve seen pleasantville will have to put it on the to watch list.

Old 23 Jun 18, 06:31 AM  
Link to this Post
yellowrose78
VIP Dibber

yellowrose78's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Great day, love the photos from Celebration

Movieland Hotel IDrive - 2002 / POR - 2012 / 3 Weeks at OKW - 2014 / Villa at Highlands Reserve - 2016 / New York and Orlando - 2018 / Caribbean Cruise MSC Seaside - June 2019 / Orlando Covid cancelled 2020 and 2021 / Planning for Orlando 2024
yellowrose78 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List