Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 18 Jun 18, 07:45 AM  
Link to this Post
ziggyzag
Imagineer

Anyone know

if we will get a sat nav built in with the hire of a Ford edge or similar with BA/Avis, Thank you
ziggyzag is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 18, 08:14 AM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by ziggyzag View Post
if we will get a sat nav built in with the hire of a Ford edge or similar with BA/Avis, Thank you
You should do, I always have when renting this type of vehicle.
Old 18 Jun 18, 08:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
OP. It varies by car and also the age of the car. Sometimes the licence has expired and the sat nav doesn't work even though it's installed.

My view is assume it wont be present or working and if it is then thats a bonus.

I have had top of the range Lincolns where it's not even installed!

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 18, 09:32 AM  
Link to this Post
ziggyzag
Imagineer

Ok, thank you all, we do have the phone as back up but thought it be nice to have if it was free (I won't pay lol )
ziggyzag is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 18, 01:39 PM  
Link to this Post
PPM
VIP Dibber

Last three of our rentals had Sat Navs fitted. One worked, two didn’t due to licence run out.
PPM is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 18, 06:32 AM  
Link to this Post

The memory card for the sat nav in the first Alamo Ford Edge was missing. The second Edge sat nav worked OK. The car had to be swapped after a few days due to a major fault, cost me nearly a day getting it fixed. I liked the way, when fuel got low, it showed the nearest fuel stations.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 18, 09:16 AM  
Link to this Post
FloridaDave
Imagineer

FloridaDave's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Mobile

If you get a Ford Edge, and most ‘or Similars’ there is a good chance they’ll be Apple Car Play or Android Auto compatible so you can use the Nav on your phone.

I think pretty much all Ford Edges in hire fleets should have the Sync 3 system (which is where the compatibility was added). My last hire was in 2015 and was a Ford Edge from Budget which included working Nav but was Sync2 so no Apple Car Play/Android Auto. This was a Model Year 2016 - I believe MY2017 was Sync 3.
(UPCOMING)2018- Florida V6.0beta (Aug) Pre-Trip Report 2016- Mexico (Aug) Menorca (Oct), 2015- NYC & Florida, 2014- Gran Canaria, Aug (Puerto Rico), 2013- Florida, Aug/Sep (Clearwater and Westhaven Villa) - Pre-Trip Report, 2012- Florida, Aug (Sunset Lakes Villa) - Brangelina Trip Report, 2011- Santorini, Aug (Kamari Hotel - Sisters Wedding), 2010- Florida, Aug (Rolling Hills Villa), 2009- Florida, Aug/Sep (Clear Creek Villa)
FloridaDave is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List