Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 20 Jun 18, 09:01 AM  
Link to this Post
mentorno1
Excited about Disney

Everest of an evening

Hi Everyone

This trip will be the first time that AK has been open of a night time and we can't wait! I'm wondering what would the likelihood be of getting on Everest in the evening without a FP or do you think we should FP+ it to be safe as we can't wait to experience it in the dark? I have actually already booked a FP+ for the evening at 7.30pm but this means that we can't have anymore in the day once we've used our second one at 1.50pm. This might not be a problem as PM we will eat and go to the shows while the sun is at its hottest. I don't know what to do for the best?

Thanks in advance
Tracy
mentorno1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 18, 09:08 AM  
Link to this Post
jacqui
VIP Dibber

We use a fast pass in the morning, have never had to queue more than 10 mins in the night but that's in September. It's amazing riding in the dark! Definitely a favourite.
Old 20 Jun 18, 09:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We have found August evenings to be very quiet and we just walk on Everest. The crowds are either eating or queuing for Rivers of Light (although when we were there in 2016 it was some sort of Jungle show)
Moorlandman is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 18, 11:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Forkbeard
Imagineer

Sep/Oct are less busy and yet last year before/after RoL we found Everest to be heaving with long wait times.

We ended up leaving the queue we'd been in for an hour because we didn't want to miss getting good seats for RoL. RoL turned out to be underwhelming too
Forkbeard is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 18, 11:20 AM  
Link to this Post
mentorno1
Excited about Disney

Thanks everyone for your responses. I should have mentioned we are going the first two weeks in August when it's normally very busy, hence my not knowing what to do for the best. The last time we visited WDW was 5 yrs ago before AK started to get really busy because of Pandora. If we keep our FP+ for 7.30pm, we won't be able to get any for the afternoon if the rides are busy but, as I say, we could use this time for the shows and eating.
mentorno1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 18, 11:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Belle1989
Serious Dibber

We were there the first week of Aug last year and the only time the queues went down in the evening were just before ROL began, so it depends if you are bothered about seeing it?
WDW 'Once in a Lifetime trip' - July 2017 -- OKW DLP - July 2018 -- Hotel Cheyenne WDW POR Royal Guest Room -- May 2019 WDW POFQ -- Christmas & New Year 2022 WDW Contemporay Resort & POFQ -- Christmas & New Year 2023
Belle1989 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 18, 11:58 AM  
Link to this Post
mentorno1
Excited about Disney

Thanks Belle1989

We will be leaving AK around 8.00pm any way as we have tickets for DAHs so want to make it to the MK for HEA. I've noted from other Dibbers that the ROL may not be worth hanging around for so next time we are at AK for the whole evening I think we may do the rides instead. For now, I think I'll keep our FP+ for 7.30pm.

Thanks again for your help
Old 20 Jun 18, 12:51 PM  
Link to this Post
WDWfangirl
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

WDWfangirl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 12
As Jacqui said, definitely ride Everest at night - the views from the top of the park and the rest of the World are amazing. So going to try and take a photograph next time we go (and probably fail miserably!)
WDWfangirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 18, 02:22 PM  
Link to this Post
3family
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

We were there for 1st 2 weeks of August last year and are going again this year. 2nd week is way quieter than the first week

We found that apart from pandora, the max queue elsewhere was 30 mins and most were far less
Old 20 Jun 18, 04:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Red C
Imagineer

Mobile

Don't forget abt single rider option too. Wouldn't think it should be too busy.
Mrs Red C is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List