Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 20 Jun 18, 07:14 PM  
Link to this Post
marciehatter
slightly serious Dibber

BA Avios Avis problem!

Is anyone else trying to book Avis car hire with Avios? It just isn't working - we've been trying for the last few days and all BA will say is that the link sometimes drops out and all they can do is report it! Why there's no way to book it over the phone escapes me.
marciehatter is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 18, 02:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Clarentino
slightly serious Dibber

We booked ours over the phone last year. It was the only way we could do it as the site crashed every time we tried to do it online. This was using BA Executive club rather than the Avios site as that didn't want to play at all (and I'm sure I read that this was ending )
Clarentino is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 18, 06:53 PM  
Link to this Post
marciehatter
slightly serious Dibber

Yes that's who we've been going through as well, we even tried it just paying money and no avios and it's still not working. They said we could book over the phone and pay when we get there but I don't fancy that either. It's a shame it's coming up so much cheaper than Alamo or we'd just book with them!
marciehatter is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 18, 05:05 AM  
Link to this Post
LLamb
Imagineer

Ring the Birchwood office, you should be able to book and pay in advance 01925 848619
As above Avios is all being transferred to BA exec club

Edited at 05:07 AM.
LLamb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 18, 07:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Robbies-tackle
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by marciehatter View Post
Is anyone else trying to book Avis car hire with Avios? It just isn't working - we've been trying for the last few days and all BA will say is that the link sometimes drops out and all they can do is report it! Why there's no way to book it over the phone escapes me.
Are you trying to book on Avios.com or BA.com?
The Avios platform is closing so possibly not not working properly now.
On BA.com, log into Executive Club then use the drop down menu and select pay with Avios. If that won't work just phone the Executive Club and they should be able to book for you.
Robbies-tackle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 18, 04:18 PM  
Link to this Post
marciehatter
slightly serious Dibber

We have finally managed to book car hire today, but not with Avios, still wasn't working through BA Executive Club. We did eventually get to speak to them a few days ago (after ages on hold) and they said they couldn't book it over the phone as it all uses the same system.

Last year we got charged again when we bought back the car to Atlanta airport (BA fly drive) so wouldn't be surprised if we have the hassle again this year!

Edited at 04:35 PM.
Old 23 Jun 18, 05:28 PM  
Link to this Post
The 2 Minnies
slightly serious Dibber

Spent hours last weekend trying to transfer our Avios to BA Exec. It’s kept telling us we were doing something wrong!

In the end we used the online chat on Avios and they did it for us. We also want to use Avios for car hire, might leVe it until after all the transfers have gone through then
The 2 Minnies is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 18, 04:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Softy
Imagineer

I've been looking at using Avios for Car Hire on BA's site. I got the impression that the relevant insurance wasn't included, was i doing something wrong?
Softy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 18, 04:11 PM  
Link to this Post
yorky
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Softy View Post
I've been looking at using Avios for Car Hire on BA's site. I got the impression that the relevant insurance wasn't included, was i doing something wrong?
It’s certain all inclusive when booked as a fly drive. Nothing to add even though they will try to sell you a every extra under the sun at the desk stating you are not covered.
Old 25 Jun 18, 04:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Softy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by yorky View Post
It’s certain all inclusive when booked as a fly drive. Nothing to add even though they will try to sell you a every extra under the sun at the desk stating you are not covered.
Thanks. It's the same when i try to book with cash, but when i go through the book with Avios links it seems to be geared towards the US market. Unless i haven't gone far enough in the booking process to confirm the insurance.
Softy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List