Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 22 Jun 18, 07:14 AM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Mobile The days are getting shorter

Hard to believe that the days will now start to get shorter and I haven’t even put the outside table up on the patio (I dismantle it every winter).

On a positive we are almost half way through the year until Christmas (not sure that will be a positive for everyone).
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 18, 02:28 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

I apologise if my post was slightly depressing saying the days will get shorter and we are over half way until Christmas, but in my defence the wifi wasn't working in costa this morning and I don't like using my iphone for customer emails.

I appreciate that if we had a dislike button on the dibb it might have been pressed😁

This isn't a plea to have a repsonse from a dibber because I am quite happy accepting that it wasn't one of my better posts, and being the founding member of the costa and Starbucks social group I have a great deal to live up to from my fellow dibbers and I accept I may have let some down on this occasion.

Edited at 02:34 PM.
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 18, 02:37 PM  
Link to this Post
djewkes
VIP Dibber

I for one can’t wait for the darker nights and Christmas...cos that’s when I plan on retiring...

May 2012 3 weeks Highgate villa, RPR & Barefoot Beach Resort
May 2010 2 weeks The Point Orlando Resort & Clearwater
djewkes is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 18, 02:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Stitch73
VIP Dibber

... And it's Midsummer's Day on Sunday.

But on the plus side, it's my birthday on Midsummer's so always look forward to the Summer Solstice

WDW - 2005, 2010, 2014, 2018
DLP - 2008, 2009,2017
DLC - 2020, 2023,
Stitch73 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 18, 02:40 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Originally Posted by djewkes View Post
I for one can’t wait for the darker nights and Christmas...cos that’s when I plan on retiring...
I wish you a long and happy retirement.

Being you will have more time on your hands when you retire, you might consider joining the costa and Starbucks social group, and not wishing to brag but I am the founding member of this highly respected social group.
Old 22 Jun 18, 02:43 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Stitch73 View Post
... And it's Midsummer's Day on Sunday.

But on the plus side, it's my birthday on Midsummer's so always look forward to the Summer Solstice
Happy birthday and in case you didn't realise Solstice was yesterday.
Old 22 Jun 18, 02:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Stitch73
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by mickey house View Post
Happy birthday and in case you didn't realise Solstice was yesterday.
Thank you

Yes, but that's what starts the days getting shorter, so I look forward to yesterday.

Sorry if you misunderstood

WDW - 2005, 2010, 2014, 2018
DLP - 2008, 2009,2017
DLC - 2020, 2023,
Stitch73 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 18, 02:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Jan
Imagineer

Jan's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
All through my life I have loved going to bed at night when it is still light. Sadly, going to bed in the dark lasts much longer 😩
Jan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 18, 02:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We’ve ad many an evening outside since May , yesterday was our21st wedding anniversary and it’s about the 3rd time we’ve had a decent day , the rest, including our actual wedding has been torrential rain. I love the longest day but hate dark miserable evenings.
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 18, 03:02 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mexy02 View Post
We’ve ad many an evening outside since May , yesterday was our21st wedding anniversary and it’s about the 3rd time we’ve had a decent day , the rest, including our actual wedding has been torrential rain. I love the longest day but hate dark miserable evenings.
Happy anniversary, and there is no reason why you should find the dark evenings miserable because there is more things you can do with your other half (like going to costa or Starbucks for a nice hot drink),