Notices
TV and Film This forum is for those DIBB members that want to discuss TV and Films.

Old 20 Jan 16, 12:09 AM  
Link to this Post
scottishnellie
VIP Dibber

scottishnellie's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Loved watching this. I think Steven did it, Brendan didn't, and either way the police force was crooked to the hilt.

I cried through the episode where the investigator bullied Brendan - awful 😥

And I HATED Krants from the start. Such a creepy voice 😳

Helen xx

Here's a link to all my previous trip reports since 2015
trip report list by year
scottishnellie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 16, 12:22 PM  
Link to this Post
SmilingSammie
VIP Dibber

I just don't see why Steven would do it...what was his motive? He was getting a massive payout from the police, why jeopardize that? No blood from the victim anywhere bar her car, why would she be in the car if she was killed on his property and burned in his back garden? The tampered with vile of Stevens blood?
Theres too many unanswered questions to convict him without reasonable doubt in my opinion!

My First Ever Pre-Trip Report - Sept 2015
My 2nd Pre-Trip Report! - Sept 2016
My Orlando 2019 Trip Report
My Orlando Feb 2022 Trip Report
DLP - May 2013, May 2018
Florida - 1998, 2000, 2005, 2008, 2010, 2012, 2015, 2016, 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
SmilingSammie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 16, 12:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Lindaelaine
Imagineer

I am loving this series , the defence lawyers are incredible .

It's bringing back memories of watching the Oscar Pistorius trial , and we all know how that ended up
Aug 2018...Westridge. Aug 2019... Miami & Solterra Resort
Lindaelaine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 16, 10:24 PM  
Link to this Post
alisonjones
Imagineer

alisonjones's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 20
Ok totally hooked, just watched episode 8. Now then whilst I totally think that Stevens lawyers are brilliant, there is one thing that I would like answering. What if he did move her body in the RAV4 to the quarry to dispose of the evidence. Then he may have been jumpy and decided to bring what was left of her body (God bless her) to his trailer and make the fire there.
I do think that someone else killed her and the opportunity arised for them to frame Steven, but think the police did help by making sure that the evidence was there to convict him.
Strang and Butling were amazing, totally engrossed with watching them.
Old 22 Jan 16, 03:53 PM  
Link to this Post
happytraveller
Imagineer

I'm on the episode when he (Brendan) is telling his mum in so many words he did it. I'm not shocked this happened as it's not the 1st time, but it just emphasises even more, that being poor and uneducated makes for an easy target. Absolutely heartbreaking for all involved, other than the crooked police ect involved.
happytraveller is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 16, 08:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Marker
Helping Minnie

Mobile

Im on episode 5 on will hopefull get through the rest this weekend.

Brendan had no involvement whatsoever. You can clearly see hes 'simple' and doesnt have the capacity for much. His lawyer Len - what a snakey little man.

The whole county showed itself to be corrupt. The judge was appalling.

For 36 million there were alot of people gunning for Stephen.

As for what happened to Teresa - my thoughts, either the police killed her to frame Stephen, the brother/ex boyfrien or some random stalker (ref strange phonecalls) killes her and framed Stephen for convienience OR shes still alive!

Stephens poor mum and dad
Marker is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 16, 11:12 PM  
Link to this Post
JoS
Imagineer

I read somewhere that the brother of Steven, had apparently had a bit of a "set to" with him not long before the murder. Apparently the dad had just re done his will, leaving the scrap yard etc to include Stephen whereas when he was in jail, he had not been included in the will. The brother felt that as Stephen was getting the $30 million. he should not get a share of the scrap yard. He confronted him about this and there was ill feeling. He also lived in a trailer on the property and was the one who said to search the scrap yard etc. Maybe reason to get back at him?

Either way, I dont think there was enough evidence to convict him, or Brendan, poor poor lad. His treatment was disgraceful. As for the cops and the judge!

It is heartbreaking that poor Brendan will spend most of his adult life in prison. To say he was a little "slow" is an understatement. I think he would have admitted to anything.

Marker... I agree his poor parents, and their faith in him has never wavered.

Edited at 11:14 PM.
JoS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 16, 11:17 PM  
Link to this Post
JoS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by HelenJNT View Post
Yes, we are watching. Six episodes in now. It's very good but I found that Serial, the podcast, hooked me in more.
Can you tell me what this is please? I would be interested to see if I can find it anywhere.
JoS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 16, 11:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Marker
Helping Minnie

Originally Posted by JoS View Post
I read somewhere that the brother of Steven, had apparently had a bit of a "set to" with him not long before the murder. Apparently the dad had just re done his will, leaving the scrap yard etc to include Stephen whereas when he was in jail, he had not been included in the will. The brother felt that as Stephen was getting the $30 million. he should not get a share of the scrap yard. He confronted him about this and there was ill feeling. He also lived in a trailer on the property and was the one who said to search the scrap yard etc. Maybe reason to get back at him?

Either way, I dont think there was enough evidence to convict him, or Brendan, poor poor lad. His treatment was disgraceful. As for the cops and the judge!

It is heartbreaking that poor Brendan will spend most of his adult life in prison. To say he was a little "slow" is an understatement. I think he would have admitted to anything.

Marker... I agree his poor parents, and their faith in him has never wavered.
The edta evidence was interesting from the feds. Much like a pregnancy test, if it says your pregnant you are definetely pregnant. If it says your not pregnant it doesnt mean your not.

You can't have a negative 'positive' result but you can have a negative 'negative' result.

That prosecution lawyer thinking its despicable to accuse cops of wrong doing - get real old man - as big a suporter i am of the cops, it is not delusionally to rightly believe corruption exists.

It happens everywhere!
Marker is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 16, 11:40 PM  
Link to this Post
JoS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Marker View Post
The edta evidence was interesting from the feds. Much like a pregnancy test, if it says your pregnant you are definetely pregnant. If it says your not pregnant it doesnt mean your not.

You can't have a negative 'positive' result but you can have a negative 'negative' result.

That prosecution lawyer thinking its despicable to accuse cops of wrong doing - get real old man - as big a suporter i am of the cops, it is not delusionally to rightly believe corruption exists.

It happens everywhere!
Dont get me started on the prosecution lawyer!

I agree about the EDTA not being in the blood. What about the key. Completely free of any prints etc of the victim at all, and she had the car a good few years. Only Stevens DNA on it.