Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 23 Oct 19, 07:16 AM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Noodlez View Post
We’re currently in an ocean view studio for 5 nights then we change to an ocean view one bedroom for a couple of nights, just to experience it. We had booked pool view but someone on the other forum suggested this was a mistake so we changed a couple of weeks ago! We’re going on a cruise for a week then we’re back here for a couple of days. That’s a standard view studio, but we just needed somewhere to stay before our flight (and had spare points).

We’re now in the olelo lounge drinking DVC cocktails. :-D
Oh how wonderful!

I’d love to hear your thoughts on how the ocean view one bed compares to your ocean view studio ( and actually how they both compare to the standard view), upon your return.

We had a wonderful ocean view studio last time, and have saved enough points for the ocean view one bed next time (thinking we might make more use of the kitchen). But it’s so costly points wise that it would be nice to hear your thoughts on different room sizes/views and how ‘worth it they are’.

Also, would be good to know what side of the buildings your ocean view rooms are - we were very fortunate to be granted our room request last time (high floor on Waianae), and I just wonder whether there is such a thing as a bad ocean view?

Anyway, ignore my questions until you get home - have a wonderful trip and a magical cruise!
amy56 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 19, 05:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Noodlez
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

I’d be very happy to let you know. We’ve just got packed for tomorrow’s move. Fingers crossed that we get a good one!

We’re currently in Ewa tower, floor 15. I think any high floor is good. Waianae has a more uninterrupted view, whereas Ewa can see the four seasons but also gets amazing sunsets. There’s more chance of Ewa as it’s only DVC and the other tower is mixed.
Noodlez is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 19, 11:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Twentyyears
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by amy56 View Post
Oh how wonderful!

I’d love to hear your thoughts on how the ocean view one bed compares to your ocean view studio ( and actually how they both compare to the standard view), upon your return.

We had a wonderful ocean view studio last time, and have saved enough points for the ocean view one bed next time (thinking we might make more use of the kitchen). But it’s so costly points wise that it would be nice to hear your thoughts on different room sizes/views and how ‘worth it they are’.

Also, would be good to know what side of the buildings your ocean view rooms are - we were very fortunate to be granted our room request last time (high floor on Waianae), and I just wonder whether there is such a thing as a bad ocean view?

Anyway, ignore my questions until you get home - have a wonderful trip and a magical cruise!
We had a garden view studio last year and got partial sea view looking over the empty plot where Atlantis is due to be.
We had friends there in a one bedroom sea view and it was fabulous - think OKW size one bedroom and a double balcony. Could have had a party for 20 in there, kitchen really well equipped too. They were up higher than us though and though the view was lovely it felt high to me.
Twentyyears is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Oct 19, 08:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Noodlez
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

We were really starting to wonder if we’d made the right decision last night. The studio had a wonderful view and was perfectly big enough for the two of us (bigger than I’d pictured) so I wasn’t sure if we were packing to move to a worse room.
The moment we walked in to the one bedroom we loved it! It helped that we got an even better view so now we’re on the top floor.
The living room is enormous. It makes me want to have a dinner party! We got to pick a sink unit each in the bathroom too. The ice maker in the freezer made margarita time a little easier this evening. :-)

This is amazing and we’re probably going to always want one beds from now on, but it would be hard to say if it’s ‘worth it’. We’d have got a lot more worth from this in the first few days when we were up at odd times with jet lag. We’re loving the washer and drier and have just done our first load. It will be nice to go on the cruise with all our clothes clean. The only meals we’ve done for ourselves have been breakfast so we don’t really need the kitchen for that, and the fridge in the studio was big enough for our wine. :-)

There’s nothing tangible that I can say is worth the points, but if you have them I would definitely encourage you to do it! This feels wonderful and I don’t want to leave.
Old 25 Oct 19, 09:00 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

We were really starting to wonder if we’d made the right decision last night. The studio had a wonderful view and was perfectly big enough for the two of us (bigger than I’d pictured) so I wasn’t sure if we were packing to move to a worse room.
The moment we walked in to the one bedroom we loved it! It helped that we got an even better view so now we’re on the top floor.
The living room is enormous. It makes me want to have a dinner party! We got to pick a sink unit each in the bathroom too. The ice maker in the freezer made margarita time a little easier this evening. :-)

This is amazing and we’re probably going to always want one beds from now on, but it would be hard to say if it’s ‘worth it’. We’d have got a lot more worth from this in the first few days when we were up at odd times with jet lag. We’re loving the washer and drier and have just done our first load. It will be nice to go on the cruise with all our clothes clean. The only meals we’ve done for ourselves have been breakfast so we don’t really need the kitchen for that, and the fridge in the studio was big enough for our wine. :-)

There’s nothing tangible that I can say is worth the points, but if you have them I would definitely encourage you to do it! This feels wonderful and I don’t want to leave.
One of the reasons we bought DVC was for the one beds, it is difficult to go back.

As a family, the kitchen also saves us a lot of money. Mrs YT loves the washer and dryer (she is obsessed with taking back a suitcase for clean clothes).
Old 25 Oct 19, 09:24 AM  
Link to this Post
lov2dibb
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 11
Guidebook Reviews: 7
It's such a fabulous resort and it sounds like you're really enjoying it- reading this makes we want to go back!

The one beds there are beautiful.

I loved the little rice cooker in the kitchen (found the hotel v.expensive for food) - did you have one in your studio?
lov2dibb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Oct 19, 06:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Noodlez
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

The studio only had a microwave and a toaster. The food prices all around here are ridiculous! If we had the one bed longer we’d definitely be doing more cooking.

It amuses me that all of the microwaves have a ‘chicken nuggets’ button. That’s one thing I’ve never microwaved in my life. :-)
Old 25 Oct 19, 07:21 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

The studio only had a microwave and a toaster. The food prices all around here are ridiculous! If we had the one bed longer we’d definitely be doing more cooking.

It amuses me that all of the microwaves have a ‘chicken nuggets’ button. That’s one thing I’ve never microwaved in my life. :-)
I like my nuggets crispy, fresh from the oven!
I heard the prices around there were through the roof- even the Americans complain.
Old 26 Oct 19, 08:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Noodlez
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

The prices make me wish for a dining plan! It’s not just the food, I really wince when having to pay a $20 tip on a self-service buffet!
We normally splash out a bit on food when it comes on holidays, but here you’re splashing out just for the basics. We loved the restaurant at the resort but just couldn’t justify going a second time.
Old 26 Oct 19, 11:21 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

The prices make me wish for a dining plan! It’s not just the food, I really wince when having to pay a $20 tip on a self-service buffet!
We normally splash out a bit on food when it comes on holidays, but here you’re splashing out just for the basics. We loved the restaurant at the resort but just couldn’t justify going a second time.
That’s ridiculous. I’d be eating in I reckon when (if) I go. Looks a fantastic place though and I’d like to visit Pearl Harbour.