Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 12 Nov 19, 10:35 AM  
Link to this Post
crux
Apprentice Imagineer

Selling DVC - contract question

We've just agreed to sell our Boulder Ridge contract and will soon be receiving the contracts to sign and return and I've got a couple of questions for anyone who's sold a contract recently.

1. What services do you actually need your solicitor to perform on the contracts and what's a rough price for that service?

2. Which courier service did you use to return the contracts.

For information, we've agreed a $100 per point figure on a 150 point Boulder Ridge contract. Hopefully for the buyer's sake this should go through without Disney taking up their option to buy, but as the seller I'm not sure it really matters to us.
Beach Club Villas 2003 2006 2009 2012 2014 2015 2018
Boardwalk Villas 2016
crux is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 19, 11:37 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

1. You need a notary. Search online, there will be one near you. Some, but few nowadays, solicitors are notaries.
2. I reckon about £100 tops, should be less as it's five minutes work.

You don't need an apostille for Florida property I don't think (which has to be applied by the US Embassy), the notarisation is enough. California, you do need an apostille.

I'd use the cheapest international courier.

Not sure if you can email? You can when buying but they may need the original docs when selling- not sure on that one.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 19, 11:44 AM  
Link to this Post
fudgie
Imagineer

I've recently sold my contract. You need a solicitor who is a Notary Public (easy to find one on the Law Society website), they will verify your identity and notarise the documents which you will receive from the title company. It was a quick and easy process which cost us £35 plus VAT.

I sent the documents back by Royal Mail "International Signed and Tracked" service which cost me around £8 and took a week to get to the USA.

HTH
fudgie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 19, 11:47 AM  
Link to this Post
fudgie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
1. You need a notary. Search online, there will be one near you. Some, but few nowadays, solicitors are notaries.
2. I reckon about £100 tops, should be less as it's five minutes work.

You don't need an apostille for Florida property I don't think (which has to be applied by the US Embassy), the notarisation is enough. California, you do need an apostille.

I'd use the cheapest international courier.

Not sure if you can email? You can when buying but they may need the original docs when selling- not sure on that one.
Just to confirm YT, you can't email closing documents but everything else you need to do to sell can be done online
fudgie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 19, 11:50 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by fudgie View Post
I've recently sold my contract. You need a solicitor who is a Notary Public (easy to find one on the Law Society website), they will verify your identity and notarise the documents which you will receive from the title company. It was a quick and easy process which cost us £35 plus VAT.

I sent the documents back by Royal Mail "International Signed and Tracked" service which cost me around £8 and took a week to get to the USA.

HTH
Yes you need a notary, not a solicitor, different things, some solicitors are notaries (relatively few solicitors are notaries but most notaries are solicitors if that makes sense, and it will be your high street firm type) so it may well be the notary is a local solicitor, but just to point out there may be a notary nearer to you who isn't a solicitor. If there is don't worry it's a notary, not a solicitor you need.
Just be thankful you aren't selling California DVC as then you'd have to also submit to the Embassy.
Old 12 Nov 19, 11:51 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by fudgie View Post
Just to confirm YT, you can't email closing documents but everything else you need to do to sell can be done online
Thought that was probably case Fudgie, thanks for the info- good to know if I ever sell!

Op you also will need to get the tax back.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 19, 01:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Jan
Imagineer

Jan's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
We sold a small contract last year. Our son (one of the owners) lived in Singapore at the time and he had to use an apostille because Singapore has not signed up to The Hague Convention.
Jan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 19, 02:02 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Jan View Post
We sold a small contract last year. Our son (one of the owners) lived in Singapore at the time and he had to use an apostille because Singapore has not signed up to The Hague Convention.
Yes for non Hague countries it is more of a hassle for sure. I think I remember you posting about it at the time if memory serves me.
Old 12 Nov 19, 03:28 PM  
Link to this Post
crux
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Thank you for the responses. We've found three listed locally, so we should be OK with one of those. The Post Office tracked and signed sounds OK to return the contracts - we used the normal PO service to return the forms to setup our US tax references and they didn't lose those 😂
Beach Club Villas 2003 2006 2009 2012 2014 2015 2018
Boardwalk Villas 2016
crux is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List