Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 15 Nov 19, 06:32 PM  
Link to this Post
yozza1977
Getting Excited

SSR resale

Have just had an offer accepted on our second add-on at SSR and sent for ROFR. Just a couple of questions:

1) Its' a Feb use year (matches our current contracts) and comes with banked 2018 points that need using be 31/1/2020. If all goes through quickly, mid Jan is possible for closing and points posting to account - is there anything that can be done with these points?

2) The ROFR thread is quiet on the other boards, any idea on how actively Disney are exercising ROFR, the contract is loaded and I'm paying under $100, so a bit apprehensive.
yozza1977 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 19, 08:52 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

1. You could try booking days here and there and offering them up for rent? They have bent the rules on late banking but these are already banked so your only option is to try and use them. Alternatively you could look at transferring them into RCI and then they have a longer life? Not sure about that one though as never done it. Maybe you could start a thread on here if you pay to be a member under the DVC point rental section, something like single nights to rent and start posting up nights you have booked at bargain prices- I bet you’d get takers. I would warn you though, they’ve been pretty slow at loading points recently. If you’ve just had an offer accepted you will be lucky if it is done and all ready to use in 8 weeks.
2. The banked points may not be a big draw for DVC as they won’t have any time to use them either. $100 is about the going rate depending on contract size (bit higher if small contract). No point worrying. When I last was looking about 8 weeks ago, they’d backed off somewhat on SSR buy backs, having been very active earlier.

You are same resort and use year as me, good luck.
Old 16 Nov 19, 11:37 AM  
Link to this Post
yozza1977
Getting Excited

Thanks YT, will most likely not get an opportunity to use the banked 2018 points, but that’s not a problem. The contract also has full banked 2019 points, so will definitely get use out of them if get past RoFR.

I started with BLT points but SSR is by far the best value at present so this is our second add on and last! If BWV was a longer contract that would be our preference as the value of standard rooms and its location means we pretty much always split stay BLT and BWV.
yozza1977 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 19, 04:33 PM  
Link to this Post
DigitalOlli
VIP Dibber

I have the same problem. Banked 2018 points to use till Jan 31.

Also SSR as Home Resort, but we closed on Tuesday. Hope we can rent them out.

Or is there a chance that members service will us take them in the next year?
DigitalOlli is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 19, 05:10 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by DigitalOlli View Post
I have the same problem. Banked 2018 points to use till Jan 31.

Also SSR as Home Resort, but we closed on Tuesday. Hope we can rent them out.

Or is there a chance that members service will us take them in the next year?
As they are already banked, very little chance. I know they sometimes let people bank them late.

If you closed Tuesday it will take around 2 weeks for those points to be usable, unless you are lucky. So early week after next or maybe even the weekend, they should hit.

I'd go on and maybe try and book as many single nights as you can, and offer them up here?
Old 16 Nov 19, 05:12 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by yozza1977 View Post
Thanks YT, will most likely not get an opportunity to use the banked 2018 points, but that’s not a problem. The contract also has full banked 2019 points, so will definitely get use out of them if get past RoFR.

I started with BLT points but SSR is by far the best value at present so this is our second add on and last! If BWV was a longer contract that would be our preference as the value of standard rooms and its location means we pretty much always split stay BLT and BWV.
I'm exactly the same about BWV, would buy there if longer contract.
SSR post refurb is one of our top choices though, the low points, the extra bed, no sofa bed and brand new rooms all hit the spot for us. I'm chomping at the bit to book it, as soon as I know I can get a new room.

You got a good price on the contract.
Old 16 Nov 19, 06:03 PM  
Link to this Post
DigitalOlli
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
As they are already banked, very little chance. I know they sometimes let people bank them late.

If you closed Tuesday it will take around 2 weeks for those points to be usable, unless you are lucky. So early week after next or maybe even the weekend, they should hit.

I'd go on and maybe try and book as many single nights as you can, and offer them up here?

It has also 2019 points banked, so i think no chance to take them inter 2020.

it is our first contract We are waiting for the activation code and the club id / member nr. read on other post that we can get the number by mail or phone?

Hope it gets fast so we can use the points. Need to make a reservation for June, already over the 7 month mark
DigitalOlli is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Dec 19, 06:09 PM  
Link to this Post
yozza1977
Getting Excited

We've just got confirmation we passed ROFR, submitted on 14/11 passed ROFR on 3/12. Disney definitely seems to have speeded up.

Also, I was a bit uncertain it would pass as it is a fully loaded SSR contract which if we rent the banked points would be paying a net $82 (plus banked 2018 points which will expire 31/1/19), but the market seems to be a bit soft and Disney are not exercising ROFR as much as earlier this year. Hopefully we'll be able to book what we need at the 7 month window, but it will be tight.
Old 4 Dec 19, 09:11 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

We've just got confirmation we passed ROFR, submitted on 14/11 passed ROFR on 3/12. Disney definitely seems to have speeded up.

Also, I was a bit uncertain it would pass as it is a fully loaded SSR contract which if we rent the banked points would be paying a net $82 (plus banked 2018 points which will expire 31/1/19), but the market seems to be a bit soft and Disney are not exercising ROFR as much as earlier this year. Hopefully we'll be able to book what we need at the 7 month window, but it will be tight.
Very good price, particularly if a smaller contract. I agree market seems to have softened lately. Wish I’d have hung on for my last one now, but I couldn’t as I needed the points for the 1 bed I’m walking at Grand Californian in summer- which is 50 odd points a night so still costing me over $300 a night in dues, then again they are a thousand cash.

Edited at 09:13 AM.
YorkshireT is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Dec 19, 08:31 PM  
Link to this Post
DVCSCOTT
Getting to know the DIBB

Congratulations, you got a great deal!

DVCSCOTT is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List