Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 1 Sep 17, 12:25 PM  
Link to this Post
hols2florida
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Sorry to hear about you separating. I split up from my ex husband about a month before we were due to go on holiday with our 2 children. I was determined to still go one way or another. It had all been paid for & seemed such a waste not to go. A friend of mine ended up coming with her son. We needed to change the name, accommodation & add an extra person. The travel agent was really good, made all the necessary changes & my friend just paid the extra & any charges. Considering the split was still so recent, we had a lovely week away & it was probably just what I needed. It wasn't a Florida holiday though, it was Majorca.
hols2florida is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 17, 12:28 PM  
Link to this Post
pinklady1124
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

I'm very sorry you're going through this. I recently split from my partner of 10 years. We had been to WDW a couple of times together and had planned and paid for a trip this month (for our anniversary). I have decided to go on my own. Yes, I'm nervous about it, but I'm also excited at the prospect of being able to do Orlando exactly the way I want to and have been inspired reading about lots of Dibbers who go it alone! The way I looked at it, I had spent 3 years looking forward to and planning it and why should I miss out on something that makes me so happy just because the relationship had broken down. I would recommend taking a couple of weeks and not doing anything rash. You might start to feel differently about it.
Old 1 Sep 17, 12:48 PM  
Link to this Post
EllenClaire
Imagineer

EllenClaire's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I am so sorry you are having to go through this and i cant believe your OH went through with the wedding to tell you a few weeks after he was leaving surely he could have manned up before the wedding and he's in love with someone else who's married with a kid i wonder if her hubby knows hes potentially ruining 2 peoples lives that is if the other person is even an option!
Please take a bit of time to think about it i feel that if its all paid for taking someone else with you might be good to get away and have a break from everything going on back here & show him that you are moving on and having a great life without him
I hope you come to a good outcome and dont lose all your money
Sheraton World Resort 2004,International Spa & Plaza 2006,The Fountains 2007,The Lighthouse Key Resort 2008,Clarion Inn & Suites 2010,Sunset Lakes Dibb Villa Sept 2012, Liki Tiki Village May 2015,Encantada Resort May 2016,High Grove Resort Dibb Villa May 2017,Encantada Resort May 2018,Encantada Resort May 2019, Encantada Resort May 2020
EllenClaire is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 17, 12:49 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

OP what an awful situation you're in. My heart goes out to you. I'm guessing it's not just the holiday you're trying to sort. What genious idea does he have? Maybe he should give you half the cost if you have to cancel?
Who did you book with? Id approach them again and see if they can help move dates.
If it were me I'd go on my own but I'm not you and I'd feel confident in doing so. You might regret not going though but only you know what's right for you. I hope you find a solution. I also hope he gets what's coming to him!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 17, 01:18 PM  
Link to this Post
stace&tink
Imagineer

Originally Posted by luceski View Post
No reconciliation I'm afraid 😞 Turns out he didn't want to get married and has decided he wants to be with someone else who is also married & has a kid.
We only got married on 5th August as well.
So sorry to hear this. Cant imagine how you must be feeling, but know there are lots of people on here who will listen and try to offer comfort.

If you can, I say still go on your holiday.

My ex fiancé and I split not long before our wedding and a trip to WDW was close. (Turns out he was cheating on me with a girl who has 3 kids!) anyways...

I cancelled "our" trip but went with my parents, certain things were tough but on a whole I had an awesome time and it did take my mind off the break up/loss of wedding etc. and now I am happy enough to go solo... next month.

Treat yourself and have an amazing time. xx
stace&tink is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 17, 01:40 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyStacey
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I shed a few tears for you reading this. How completely life shattering for you.
At the end of the day, as my dad would tell me, it is only money! Your health, wellbeing and happiness needs to come above all else. And if you don't go on this holiday or can't recoup any of your money - the world will still turn. Focus on yourself, your self esteem, your self worth - you never know, you may feel differently once the dust has settled.
Whatever you decide to do, I am sending love and positive vibes your way.
DisneyStacey is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 17, 05:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Miss_Shell
Imagineer

Mobile

OP, I am so sorry this has happened to you. However, please treat this as your lucky escape! I would go on holiday anyway, sod him. Look after number one, and have an amazing time
Orlando & Bahamas 1992 - Orlando 1998 - Orlando 1999 - Orlando 2000 - Polynesian Resort - Orlando 2000 - Orlando 2001 - Orlando 2003 - Kissimmee Villa - Orlando 2005 - Christmas - Orlando 2010 - Orlando 2011 - Port Orleans Riverside - Orlando 2012 - Disney Coronado Springs - HHN - Orlando & Hollywood 2014 - Orlando 2016- Disney's Coronado Springs and Universal's Cabana Bay Honeymoon 2017 - Disney's Port Orleans Riverside
Miss_Shell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 17, 05:57 PM  
Link to this Post
pegal
Excited about Disney

Mobile

This is awful, sorry OP 😢 as many have said if it were me, if i could find someone I would have fun with to go in their place then I would... however no way could I handle doing our intended trip alone. That's just me though. Did previously have an america trip (including wdw) booked with an ex but when we split up pre-trip decided to cancel. It would have been too hard to go. But everyone is different... do what is right for you.

As terrible as it is right now, one day it will be a distant bad memory. Hope that day comes soon for you!
Old 1 Sep 17, 06:04 PM  
Link to this Post
waiting4disney
Imagineer

Mobile

Sorry to hear this. Such a difficult time.
If you loose the money anyway maybe just let someone else go and they can pay for a name change.
Old 1 Sep 17, 07:14 PM  
Link to this Post
oateyboy
Excited about Disney

Different circumstances t yours but I have travelled on my own.

It was the making of me. My friends worried that 'I wasn't the type of person' to travel alone but I had one hell of a time. I have seen things and done things that you can only do on your own. On your own, you do things when you want, eat when you want etc etc. It's all about you and what you want to do.

That brings me on to my next point. If you don't feel up to it, as others have said - forget the outlay! More important things are happening. I realise the expense can be the result of saving for years but as people say money is not the be all and end all.

I have been divorced and it was a tough time but if I can come through it, anybody can. Don't let the bar steward get you down.
oateyboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List