Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 4 Feb 18, 06:32 PM  
Link to this Post
tocpe321
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Aims View Post
Hi Woodsy, had a great day at Disneyland- thanks! It was very busy though and hot- in the high 80's! It's been a record breaking February with weather so far. There are a few other hotels right in the vicinity of the Marquis that I could recommend, but you will probably find them in the same price range as the Marquis. If you still wanted to look at a few, then I would recommend the Manchester Grand Hyatt (which is next to the Marquis), the Hilton Gaslamp Quarter hotel or the Omni (which are both next to the baseball stadium). The Hilton Bayfront Hotel is also a very nice hotel. I have stayed there a few times recently.

You also asked about the Island Palms hotel on Shelter Island- that's a great place, prices get better the further you get away from downtown and the city center. Shelter Island is a lovely location, surrounded by boat marinas with lovely views of the bay and downtown very nearby. Thank you to tocpe321 for giving a personal review of the hotel! (hey TC ) There have also been a few other Dibbers who have stayed at the Island Palms and had nothing but good things to say. The only thing about staying at this hotel that doesn't meet your criteria, is that there isn't a lot of restaurants you can easily walk to from the hotel itself. There are a couple of restaurants on Shelter Island, and few others just beyond, but for the most variety you really do need a car- but there are lots of places in a short drive from the hotel.

Hi d1gger! How exciting- hope you can get your tickets for Comic Con, they can be hard to secure. It's the hottest ticket in town! I would be looking to make your airbnb reservation asap, as everywhere in San Diego will book up quickly for Comic Con weekend. As for places I'd recommend as a base in SD, you will want to be convenient to downtown for Comic Con...look at Mission Bay, Mission Valley or Point Loma for closest bases to downtown. Mission Bay is right near the beach, so if you don't like the idea of that, then you may want to focus on the other areas. There are apartments and condos downtown, so there could be some on airbnb, but those will likely be more costly than places outside downtown. Anywhere close to Comic Con will jack up prices big time for that weekend. If you see any listings on airbnb that interest you and you want to know if it's a good area, feel free to send me a private message with a link to the listing and I will check out the location on the map. I've done this for other Dibbers and will be happy to help you out there too, if you wish.
Hi Amy

Old 10 Mar 18, 04:40 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyArab
Excited about Disney

This is a great thread Aims. We are visiting for 6 nights in July and reading through this thread, have picked up plenty ideas, tips for parking and restaurants we would like to try. Thanks for all the info. x
DisneyArab is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Mar 18, 05:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Aims
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DisneyArab View Post
This is a great thread Aims. We are visiting for 6 nights in July and reading through this thread, have picked up plenty ideas, tips for parking and restaurants we would like to try. Thanks for all the info. x
You're very welcome! And thank you for letting me know that this thread has been helpful. I really do appreciate the kind words. I hope you all have a wonderful time in San Diego!

Planning a trip to San Diego? Check out my San Diego planning guide at the link below:

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1047941
Aims is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Mar 18, 05:07 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyArab
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Aims View Post
You're very welcome! And thank you for letting me know that this thread has been helpful. I really do appreciate the kind words. I hope you all have a wonderful time in San Diego!
I'm sure we will, very excited to visit. I may be in touch at some point with some questions !
DisneyArab is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Mar 18, 05:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Aims
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DisneyArab View Post
I may be in touch at some point with some questions !
Anytime! I'm always happy to help. I'm just going to check out your San Diego post on the forum now...

Planning a trip to San Diego? Check out my San Diego planning guide at the link below:

Aims is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Mar 18, 05:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Siddex
Very Serious Dibber

Siddex's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Great thread - thanks Amy.

Was looking at somewhere to team up with my LA trip and this has sold San Diego to me. I will probably be asking some questions in the upcoming weeks!
Siddex is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Mar 18, 05:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Aims
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Siddex View Post
Great thread - thanks Amy.

Was looking at somewhere to team up with my LA trip and this has sold San Diego to me. I will probably be asking some questions in the upcoming weeks!
That's great to hear, Siddex! I'd be glad to help with any questions, whenever you have them ready.

Old 14 Mar 18, 10:58 PM  
Link to this Post
anita1963
Imagineer

Thank you Amis for all your hard work !
i have a few question for everyone if i may
i am staying for 5 nights at the end of june and then flying to orlando
Is is just myself and two 16 years old boys !
1...i dont drive so thinking of using uber is it easy and safe ?
2... are the go city cards or similar worth it ?
im sure ill be back with more Qs ..sorry !
Anita
anita1963 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Mar 18, 11:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Aims
Imagineer

Originally Posted by anita1963 View Post
Thank you Amis for all your hard work !
i have a few question for everyone if i may
i am staying for 5 nights at the end of june and then flying to orlando
Is is just myself and two 16 years old boys !
1...i dont drive so thinking of using uber is it easy and safe ?
2... are the go city cards or similar worth it ?
im sure ill be back with more Qs ..sorry !
Anita
Hi Anita I haven't personally used Uber, but it's very popular in San Diego, and quite a few of my own family and friends have used it and never had any problems with it.

I think the Go Cards are a great value and can save you a few dollars, if you are planning to do most, or all, of the attractions they offer.

Old 14 Mar 18, 11:10 PM  
Link to this Post
tocpe321
VIP Dibber

We used Uber twice on holiday. Both on the same night in San Diego to get to and from the Old Town. A wise decision given the giant Margaritas.

Both lady cab drivers. We had a good chat and the process for booking, payment and tip via the app was really good.