Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 18 Aug 18, 09:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Aims
Imagineer

Originally Posted by scottishgirl1 View Post
Thanks very much Amy. will definitely follow your advice. We are supposed to be going to Anaheim after our San Diego stay but have spent the afternoon looking into a couple of days in Palm Springs on the way
That sounds nice! 👍 Be sure to do the Palm Springs aerial tram if you go. Totally worth doing a trip there for it.
Aims is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 18, 09:51 AM  
Link to this Post
MichelleB
Imagineer

Hi Amy,
Long time reader of your thread and now we are finally planning our trip for late August/September next year! I have a question about timing the drive from Anaheim to San Diego, originally thinking Friday afternoon but have been advised that Friday afternoon traffic should be avoided. Would leaving Anaheim around 7pm mean that the traffic had eased or would later be better? Or would we be best setting off early on Saturday morning?

We will only have 4 nights in San Diego so I don’t really want to drop one! Haven’t decided on a hotel yet.

WDW Feb 2007 Bahama Bay
Beach Club/HRH/ Bella Piazza condo Oct 2010 New York April 2012
HRH and OKW August 2014. Boston, White Mts and Maine 2016
Planning for California Sept 2019
MichelleB is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 18, 03:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Aims
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MichelleB View Post
Hi Amy,
Long time reader of your thread and now we are finally planning our trip for late August/September next year! I have a question about timing the drive from Anaheim to San Diego, originally thinking Friday afternoon but have been advised that Friday afternoon traffic should be avoided. Would leaving Anaheim around 7pm mean that the traffic had eased or would later be better? Or would we be best setting off early on Saturday morning?

We will only have 4 nights in San Diego so I don’t really want to drop one! Haven’t decided on a hotel yet.

Hi Michelle! I don't want you to miss a night in San Diego, either. If you leave after 7-7:30 pm, you may get some of the end of traffic in Anaheim but by the time you reach San Diego, it should be cleared up there.

Planning a trip to San Diego? Check out my San Diego planning guide at the link below:

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1047941
Aims is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 18, 04:42 PM  
Link to this Post
vanilla8
Proud to wear my Ears

So I’ve booked flights to San Diego for Xmas and New Year! yay!
We have been before for 3 nights as part of a west coast tour. Stayed in the Hotel Del Coronado back then.

We have managed to use some Marriot points this time and have booked 7 nights at the residence inn bayfront, however we need somewhere for the final three nights. Debating whether we drive up to LA area or somewhere different but we are flying back from San Diego.
My other thought was to stay in La Jolla?

Anyway it’s me and DH and DS who will be 18months! And I’m looking forward to planning the trip!
vanilla8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 18, 04:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Aims
Imagineer

Originally Posted by vanilla8 View Post
So I’ve booked flights to San Diego for Xmas and New Year! yay!
We have been before for 3 nights as part of a west coast tour. Stayed in the Hotel Del Coronado back then.

We have managed to use some Marriot points this time and have booked 7 nights at the residence inn bayfront, however we need somewhere for the final three nights. Debating whether we drive up to LA area or somewhere different but we are flying back from San Diego.
My other thought was to stay in La Jolla?

Anyway it’s me and DH and DS who will be 18months! And I’m looking forward to planning the trip!

Hi vanilla8! If you want to remain near San Diego for those last three nights, La Jolla would be a great place to stay. It's simply stunning, close to beaches and only about 25 minutes to drive to the main sights in San Diego. It's one of my favorite locations near town.

Planning a trip to San Diego? Check out my San Diego planning guide at the link below:

Old 10 Sep 18, 04:51 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyMadAng
Imagineer

Loved San Diego. Amy how lucky are you to live there! The area is beautiful.

I don't really like zoos. Find them sad places but I'll make the exception with the San Diego Zoo. It's done really well and we enjoyed our 6 hours there.

Breakfasted at Richard Walker's. Wow. Managed 2 of 6 pancakes. Huge fail 😂

We're currently in Palm Springs. Only booked for one night. Gorgeous hotel. I'm melting 😂

Edit: if I manage to win the lottery jackpot 6 times over I am moving to Coronado 😂

Edited at 04:55 PM.
DisneyMadAng is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 18, 04:58 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyMadAng
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by scottishgirl1 View Post
Thanks very much Amy. will definitely follow your advice. We are supposed to be going to Anaheim after our San Diego stay but have spent the afternoon looking into a couple of days in Palm Springs on the way
I can so recommend the hotel we're in. Holiday House Palm Springs. They class their rooms as Good, Better and Best. We are in a Best room. Amazing! The only room I'd avoid is room 12 as that's near a service area but apart from that the others are fab.
DisneyMadAng is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 18, 05:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Aims
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DisneyMadAng View Post
Loved San Diego. Amy how lucky are you to live there! The area is beautiful.

I don't really like zoos. Find them sad places but I'll make the exception with the San Diego Zoo. It's done really well and we enjoyed our 6 hours there.

Breakfasted at Richard Walker's. Wow. Managed 2 of 6 pancakes. Huge fail 😂

We're currently in Palm Springs. Only booked for one night. Gorgeous hotel. I'm melting 😂

Edit: if I manage to win the lottery jackpot 6 times over I am moving to Coronado 😂

Hi Angelina! I am so happy to hear how much you enjoyed your time in San Diego! I do consider myself lucky to call it home. I'm glad you made an exception for this zoo. They have done so much work to make the exhibits more natural for the animals well-being, and they have made huge strides in animal conservation.

I had to laugh at the part about Richard Walker's lol. I think I managed almost three of their pancakes. I walked out so embarrassed at leaving so much behind on my plate, but there was no humanly way possible for me to finish all of them! They are good there

Old 21 Sep 18, 06:57 AM  
Link to this Post
LozSteelers
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Just wanted to say, thanks for all your advice on San Diego. We had an amazing few days at the Catamaran. Did the trolley tour too which we really enjoyed.

Will definitely be returning!
LozSteelers is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 18, 03:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Aims
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by LozSteelers View Post
Just wanted to say, thanks for all your advice on San Diego. We had an amazing few days at the Catamaran. Did the trolley tour too which we really enjoyed.

Will definitely be returning!
You’re welcome! I’m so glad you had a great time in San Diego and want to return! The Catamaran is wonderful, you can’t beat that location.