Old 21 Oct 18, 06:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Redrach1903
Disney Dreaming :)

Redrach1903's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Arrow The Magnificent Seven - April 2018 - Day 15 - Crazy Golf and AK

Day 14 is here

Rach here - I'm posting these on behalf of Emma (cos she doesn't know how )

Saturday 21st April

After a good night’s sleep we all woke up about 09.00. Dad had been awake for a while already – he is not a good sleeper, even on holiday! The plan for today was breakfast out and then to go to one of Disney crazy golf courses – something which none of us had done before so we were all looking forward to that. I was already telling the boys that I would be winning – they just laughed at me. I tend to get a bit over excited when playing crazy golf and since I don’t aim and I just whack in hope, I have lost a fair few balls in the past! Although I have actually had a few spectacular holes in 1 as well.

First of all Abi needed a wee pre breakfast snack as it was too long to expect her to wait for food by the time we all got organised and out the door. We took the much more relaxed way of Orlando mornings and we just got up and organised whenever Abi was up. I don’t think this really impacted our ability to get things done and it meant that Abi was happy and well rested whenever we went to do something and she could stretch to a late night as well. So, with no Auntie Rach to organise her grape supplies she instead made do with sliced apple and a box of raisins on the snack island – standards have slipped in the 24hrs since the Peachey’s have left!

Abi was still looking around for the others and the villa did seem strangely empty without them but for the greater good, we soldiered on with our holiday!

I think it was my turn to choose breakfast today so I chose Perkins. I do love it here. Plenty of choice and they have the freestyle drinks so you can have a million different flavours of all the juices. We just had to wait a wee minute for a table to be cleared and a highchair to be organised. Abi decided to try her luck with the machines!

Once sat at our table we had the pleasure of deciding what to eat. Yum Yum!

Abi had some crayons and was wriggling around in the booth between Paul & I like a maniac while waiting for breakfast – she is so nosey and was looking at everyone around us.

Paul went for the create your own breakfast with ham, eggs and hash browns.

Dad had eggs ,sausages , hash browns with French toast – he didn’t like the French toast for some reason! I can’t remember why – I think he didn’t like the texture. Lol.

I had a cheese omelette with pepperjack hollandaise. I also got a muffin with this so chose a cinnamon apple one. I also had a sprite - fizzy juice is a perfectly acceptable holiday breakfast drink!

Abi had pancakes and Jam and an apple juice.

All the food was really tasty. The muffin was amazing as was the pepperjack hollandaise on my omelette! Yum Yum. Dad said the rest of his breakfast was really good and Paul really enjoyed the ham. Very reasonably priced for all the food you get.

I always want to buy something from the bakery at Perkins but we are always going somewhere after and I know it will just be a puddle if left in the car. This will be my mission next trip.

Dad carried Abi out to the car and they did a bit of capering and posing on the way.

Off to the crazy golf we went! It was Winter Summerland near Blizzard Beach that we were going to. It didn’t take long to get there. The car park is teeny tiny but we got a space no bother. When we walked down there was a queue already but it was such a lovely morning and there were benches to wait on that it didn’t matter. We chose the winter side of the course. We got to play for nothing as it was included in our ticket which was a fair saving. Abi had fun running in between the benches while we waited and Paul looked at some park maps and Dad just enjoyed the sun.

I smelled a suspicious smell and tracked down Abi and discovered it was time for a nappy change! I just knew we would get called when I went to the toilet and sure enough we did! Dad just let another family go first and we didn’t have to wait long before we were on our way. We put Abi in her pram and she was quite happy just watching everything. It was pretty hot today so it think she was glad of the shade. We had cold water with us and plenty of sun cream so we were set. It was easy enough pushing the pram along the course.

We had a great time going round the course – was good fun and there as lots of friendly banter around the course. Abigail was good as gold and stayed in her pram the whole way round. I didn’t lose my ball and we all got a hole in 1, but it wasn’t enough to save me from last place! Boo! Paul was triumphant and won, but dad said he played a deliberate 4 putt near the end to let him win We wanted to have a rematch but ran out of time before we went home. Next time!

A quick pose in Santa’s sleigh before we headed off.

[continued in next post]

Edited at 08:53 AM.
Redrach1903 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 18, 06:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Redrach1903
Disney Dreaming :)

Redrach1903's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
[continued from previous post]

It was really hot now so we decided to head back to the villa for a chill out because we were heading out to the animal kingdom later for our Flight of passage FP and to see the gorillas.

We had a swim and generally just vegged in the villa – Abi had a sleep and so did the men folk! No stamina these men!

We all got showered and ready and decided on a quick tea before the AK. Abi for some reason thought it would be fun to rub her belly along the villa floor………. There was a video of this, but I can’t download it!

Denny’s was the choice for a quick tea tonight on the way. We got to Denny’s about 17.30 and Abi wanted to sit with Grandad while we checked out the menu.

I ordered a chocolate milkshake and it looked so good. It tasted fab. Abi also decided she needed to sample it.

It was burgers all round for tea tonight - a plain beef burger for Dad , a cheese and bacon for Paul and a veggie burger with cheese for me. Abi had spag bog – she was loving it and what a bowl full!

All the food was really good and great value.

How we had been working our money so we weren’t always wondering whose turn it was to pay was by operating what we called the communal purse! We have done this a few times and it really works. We each put money into the purse every day and then all food, drinks, parking, villa treats and necessities are paid for using the purse. I had control of the purse! The power! Lol! When funds get low we just top it up! Works a treat and is great for a big group. If we aren’t all together then we use our own money! Simples! We did it when we were across for the wedding in 2015 with other family members and when we were away with Dad in Portugal in 2017. Not sure where that came from, on with the day!

Abi loved her tea so much she thought she would wear it on her dress for later! The outfit she was wearing for tonight did not account for such a messy tea and the pretty white and blue dress now had splats of tomato sauce on it! Oops! A change of clothes later and we were ready to rock and roll to the AK.

A short drive to the AK and before we knew it we were on a tram. It is a bit of a pain having to fold the buggy up but we had the system down to a fine art! Someone held Abi, someone took the big bag of everything and then the last person was in charge of folding the pram and dragging it onto the tram! Well oiled machine!

Wind swept look……..

No idea where we parked as I don’t note this down – lack of detail I know Rach!

We stopped to check out the flamingos and Abigail just loved them. She really likes all animals and would happily watch them all day.

We got some photo pass pics at the tree of life.

So, by the time we had had tea, arrived and meandered through to gorilla falls it was 19.08. Guess what? The trail closes at 19.00! Doh! We missed it. Oops! Was one of the main reasons we were back tonight! Oh well! I didn’t even bother to check the times as I presumed they would be open until it was dark. Epic planning fail. Never mind, am sure we will manage to amuse ourselves.

Our FP was after 20.00 if I remember rightly – I want to say 20.15. We had plenty of time so we went for a walk and headed towards the Dinorama so Abi could ride the triceratops with Grandad.

Saw the new stadium for the UP! Bird show and then we watched Everest going round. The standby time was too long so we continued on our walk.

We arrived at the Dinorama area and Dad and Abi went to queue for the ride. We managed to get a good spot and get some good pics of them on the ride. They both enjoyed the ride – was fun seeing them on it together.

Time was marching on so we headed towards Pandora. It was starting to get dark so got some pics of the land lit up. It was really pretty. We were looking forward to the ride and couldn’t wait to see what all the hype was about.

FoP time! We checked where the ride would come out, so Dad waited with Abi outside the gift shop. We got on in about 20mins. The pre ride stuff is pretty good and it cuts down on the queue boredom. The ride itself was amazing! The attention to detail was immense and the ride was so immersive! I actually screamed a bit when I thought we were crashing into a dinosaur! We both thought it was the best ride we had been on in years – it was just awesome.

We met Dad outside the gift shop and he had been chatting to another mum waiting with her girl about Abi’s age and she was impressed with the ride as well. Abi was eating little ice cream cube things which were delicious. She was sharing them with her new friend.
We nipped into the shop and had a look about and Abi chose a new cuddly toy – it was a weird dragon/dinosaur looking thing but it was very cute and we named it Pandora! Original! Lol.

We headed back for the tram and got some pics with our new friend Pandora.

We saw some fireworks from the car park which must have been Star Wars ones from Hollywood studios.

Back in the car and home to the villa. All in bed about 22.00ish. What another fab day and we all enjoyed the pace of the day with some chill out time and park time as well. Plan for tomorrow is Disney springs. It's here

Thanks for reading

Edited at 08:51 AM.
Redrach1903 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 18, 08:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Milner
Imagineer

Fab day and photos
Hampton Lakes - October 2007, The Hamlets, Westhaven - July/August 2009, The Sanctuary, Westhaven - July/August 2012, Dibb Villa Highgate Park & 1 night at HRH - July 2015 2017 6 nights NY, 11 nights in Florida Dibb villa, Westhaven, Xmas 2018 Villa 1 night RPR 2019 7 nights in New York, 2020 Dibb Villa booked in Highlands, 3 nights in Cape Coral
Milner is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 18, 08:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

What a fab day, so pleased you have taken the reigns and are finishing off the report Emma!

So much good food today, Denny's is one of our fave places to eat when in the US. And once again I am questioning why we haven't ever been to Perkins! I didn't know they had a take-out counter either!

Great to hear such a rave review of FoP, I cannot wait to finally ride it next year!

So many lovely photos, the ones of your Dad and Abi on Dinorama are so cute!

Awesome day, I can't wait for the next instalment!
Lisa_Lollipop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 18, 09:02 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
A great day

Joan
Old 21 Oct 18, 09:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

Breakfast at Perkins looks fab as always. Never been to Denny's for anything other than breakfast, but the burgers look really good. That's a massive plate of spaghetti for Abi, no wonder she wanted to share it with her dress

Glad you enjoyed FOP, it's such a great ride. But a pity you missed the gorilla trail by only a few minutes.

All of my trip reports are in this INDEX

My most recent reports are below:
*Complete* A Tale of Two Cities - Washington D.C. & Boston - March 2023
We Love Food! An Offsite Dining Report - May 2022
Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 18, 10:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Cinderella
Imagineer

Mobile

Great day 👍
Cinderella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 18, 06:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
The golf sounds fun. A shame the trail at AK was closed and you couldn't walk round as you'd planned.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 18, 12:03 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Fab day, I noticed that about the trail too when I was planning our days. Luckily I checked or it would have been the same for us. I love how much Abi loves her food xx
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 18, 01:24 PM  
Link to this Post
redemma13
Imagineer

redemma13's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Thanks everyone for your comments. Apologies for taking ages to comment, it has been a busy few weeks and I haven't been on the dibb! Boo!

I am on holiday the next few weeks so am away to get started on the next few days!

Thanks again for taking the time to read our TR.

Em
xxxx
redemma13 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List