Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 18 Jul 21, 08:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by tocpe321 View Post
Many thanks.

Hope she has a good holiday, Sam.

She may know, but she has to do a test before she returns to the UK as well as the day 2 test on return.

All details on the Government site.
I will check that with her now I'm sure they know that but I'd like to hear her say it to me too lol, mum worries and all that lol 😂

Just messaged she knew about that 👍👍👍

Edited at 08:03 PM.
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 21, 08:56 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyYoda
Imagineer

So where are we at Greecers? Trying to stay positive but very nervous about Amber plus? Flights booked? Accommodation?

I’m all of the above. Quite honestly I’m a bit numb at the moment. I’m actually having trouble remembering what it’s like to be normal and looking forward to something!

Maybe someone can cheer me up and say in 3 weeks I’ll be sunning myself in Greece next to the pool reading a movie magazine back to back. 👍
DisneyYoda is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 21, 09:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Same as you! Really so want to go, really not sure we will make it. Still haven’t paid our balance, or bought insurance, or tests. Going to reassess at the next traffic light decision.

Edited to add, I think you have a good chance of going in three weeks, ours is mid September and don’t think we will be so lucky.

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 21, 09:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Jessie2012
Very Serious Dibber

Same here,but for the Canaries,I know Tui have said you can amend for free if it goes to Amber plus,but I’m not sure I can go through all the stress of booking something else abroad!
Jessie2012 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 21, 09:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Tesh11
Serious Dibber

I’m fully intending to go on the 17th August only things that will stop me are testing positive before we go although we are protected as much as possible as double jabbed and has Covid at Christmas (going to do lots of lateral flows leading up to it) or if we get cancelled, we are willing to still go if it’s Amber plus as will isolate and do day 5 test and release although our holiday May get cancelled if that happens, I think it’s unlikely Greece will say they don’t want us so think those are the only 2 scenarios that will get in our way! We’ve booked the chronomics package through Tui

Edited at 09:29 PM.
Tesh11 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 21, 09:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Lillie
Very Serious Dibber

We are due to fly out to Corfu 2 weeks tomorrow, fingers crossed!
DD and boyfriend have today had their 2nd jabs, a week early, but thank goodness we finally found somewhere to get them done. So that’s 4 of us double jabbed.

Just leaves DD aged 13 to have the test before we fly. So stressed about that and can’t really get excited for the holiday yet.
Tomorrows job is to book all the tests we need 🙂
Old 19 Jul 21, 09:33 PM  
Link to this Post
buryboy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Lillie View Post
We are due to fly out to Corfu 2 weeks tomorrow, fingers crossed!
DD and boyfriend have today had their 2nd jabs, a week early, but thank goodness we finally found somewhere to get them done. So that’s 4 of us double jabbed.

Just leaves DD aged 13 to have the test before we fly. So stressed about that and can’t really get excited for the holiday yet.
Tomorrows job is to book all the tests we need 🙂
Please let us know where you are getting your tests from . Especially the ones in Corfu. My son is due to go in a fortnight to Corfu
Thanks

PS well done on getting DD and boyfriend their second jab. Must be a relief
Our MOST ANNOYING trip to Tenerife February 2018 ( an homage to infamous dibb threads
buryboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 21, 09:40 PM  
Link to this Post
parkgirl
VIP Dibber

parkgirl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 14
Just done our plf! Fly on Saturday x
CSR October 2011, POFQ May 2012, POP July 2012, SSR April 2013, OKW Oct 2014, OKW July 2016, All Stars Music April 2017, OKW/BLT July 2018, All Stars Sports Oct 2019, Riviera May 2022, GFR/AKL Oct 2022, Disney 5K Riviera/copper creek 2024, SSR Aug 2024
parkgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 21, 09:49 PM  
Link to this Post
florida girl
Imagineer

florida girl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Originally Posted by DisneyYoda View Post
So where are we at Greecers? Trying to stay positive but very nervous about Amber plus? Flights booked? Accommodation?

I’m all of the above. Quite honestly I’m a bit numb at the moment. I’m actually having trouble remembering what it’s like to be normal and looking forward to something!

Maybe someone can cheer me up and say in 3 weeks I’ll be sunning myself in Greece next to the pool reading a movie magazine back to back. 👍
I feel the same. Have been very positive up until now but today my heads been all over the place , trying to sort my Moms insurance out has been a headache it’s sorted now but at a cost😮.

I think you’ll be fine in 3 weeks not so sure for October now but hey ho. Don’t think I would be so bad if it wasn’t my DD’s Wedding can’t stand the thought of leaving it another year.
florida girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 21, 10:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Lillie
Very Serious Dibber

Will do! I’m going to look into it all tomorrow.
Oh it is such a relief to get them their 2nd jab, we have been to so many places in the last week and got knocked back as being too early, and today they are on exactly 7 wks since their 1st jab and it was no problem getting it done. Thank you!

Originally Posted by buryboy View Post
Please let us know where you are getting your tests from . Especially the ones in Corfu. My son is due to go in a fortnight to Corfu
Thanks

PS well done on getting DD and boyfriend their second jab. Must be a relief