Christmas Temporary forum for Christmas seasonal topics

Old 25 Sep 21, 02:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and Boxing Day

Little game, name what you love the most about each day.

Think we need a bit of positivity whilst the UK seems to be falling apart right now!

I’ll go first;

Christmas Eve:
Excitement and anticipation, panto (tradition), takeaway, Christmas Eve packs, tracking Santa.

Christmas Day:
Spending it with family, watching kids faces open presents, all the food and no guilt 😜

Boxing Day:
Chilled day, leftover Xmas dinner warmed up, catching up on Xmas day tv.

Over to you guys 😊
Excitedx4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 21, 03:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Bartswife
Imagineer

Christmas Eve going to the midnight service at church

Christmas Day being together with all internet accessible devices banned

Boxing Day just chilling and doing what we want but definitely no shopping the sales

This year will be different,sons first Christmas in his and girlfriends house and we are invited up as it’s quite a journey away it will mean no alcohol as I will be driving home

Edited at 03:24 PM.
Bartswife is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 21, 03:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Christmas Eve: the house is spotless, Christmas Eve boxes, carol service, sprinkling reindeer dust and hanging stockings.

Christmas Eve is my favourite day of the year.

Christmas Day: Giving surprises and playing new board games.

Boxing Day: Going for a post Christmas walk, yet more lovely food and a Christmas movie or two.
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 21, 04:04 PM  
Link to this Post
djewkes
VIP Dibber

This years Christmas (all being well)
Christmas Eve……visiting family, lunch at local restaurant, buffet tea and open pressies late evening….
Christmas Day…..family, food and games
Boxing Day…..chilling and leftovers and chips, tv……..

May 2012 3 weeks Highgate villa, RPR & Barefoot Beach Resort
May 2010 2 weeks The Point Orlando Resort & Clearwater
djewkes is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 21, 04:17 PM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

Xmas eve... working, so don't have to do the prep work at home...
Xmas day... relax with the kids, cook, eat lots, watch a trashy Xmas film
Boxing day... time with family, walking the dog, playing games.
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 21, 04:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Donz1979
Imagineer

Mobile

Xmas Eve me and son used to attend local mini panto 'Naughty Elf' however this had now finished so not sure what be doing (son now 10). I do prepare all the veg for xmas day.

Xmas day, bucks fizz and bacon butty then watch sons face opening presents. Parents come for lunch.

Boxing Day, hubby makes Jamie Oliver turkey pie 😋 and we chill.
Donz1979 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 21, 05:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

Christmas eve: Christmas Eve box in the morning then we have brunch followed by fancy biscuits 😜 then we take Tilly for a walk and eat out for dinner then its snuggle up time whilst watching Christmas carol and eating chocolate that was in the Christmas eve box 😋

Christmas day: Christmas pj’s on, breakfast in bed for those who want it then the children open their presents 🎁
We go to my mums for Christmas dinner although it’s more lunch time 😂 home around 6pm while the kids take a closer look at all their gifts 👍🏻👍🏻

Boxing day was always a family buffet (my sister and I took it in turns to host) but my sister has put a stop to this now so I am not sure what we will do 🤷
Floridatilly is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 21, 07:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
I love to read about other people's Christmas traditions.

Christmas Eve: My favourite day of the year, all the excitement and anticipation 🥰 bake mince pies, go to mum's and help peel potatoes, carrot, sprouts etc ready for tomorrow, eat lots of Mum's homemade sausage rolls. Back home and drinking mulled wine, watching Elf. Dinner is always a Nigella feast of ribs and potato skins followed by Rocky Road.

Christmas Day: kids bring stockings through to our room and open their presents. Bucks fizz and bacon sarnies for breakfast. Off to mum's for dinner (lunch) more presents, eat until we are stuffed.

Boxing Day: Walk in the woods all together, back to Mum's again for cold meat and chips for lunch (probably my favourite meal of the year) then lots of board games.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.

Edited at 07:46 PM.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 21, 07:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
I love to read about other people's Christmas traditions.

Christmas Eve: My favourite day of the year, all the excitement and anticipation 🥰 bake mince pies, go to mum's and help peel potatoes, carrot, sprouts etc ready for tomorrow, eat lots of Mum's homemade sausage rolls. Back home and drinking mulled wine, watching Elf. Dinner is always a Nigella feast of ribs and potato skins followed by Rocky Road.

Christmas Day: kids bring stockings through to our room and open their presents. Bucks fizz and bacon sarnies for breakfast. Off to mum's for dinner (lunch) more presents, eat until we are stuffed.

Boxing Day: Walk in the woods all together, back to Mum's again for cold meat and chips for lunch (probably my favourite meal of the year) then lots of board games.
Me too I love reading people’s traditions 🥰
Excitedx4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 21, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

This year will be different so this is what I'm looking forward to...

Christmas Eve - all the jobs will have been done and Christmas starts here! Turkey, chips and beans for tea with the in-laws and spending time with the nieces and nephew.

Christmas Day - seeing my side of the family for Christmas dinner and rather than having the Christmas night come down we'll be loading the car and heading down to Premier Inn Bath Road.

Boxing Day - flying to Orlando!
Beth_Disney is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List