Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 2 Oct 21, 11:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
And this exactly what happened with my last thread. Both sides think they are right. And coffee shops, cafes etc rarely tell you their rules.

At busy times in WDW there are CMs stopping people going through to the seating area until they have food.

I have sympathy with those with toddlers or elderly people who can’t stand for long and I can see the point in letting them sit while someone queues. But on the other hand, lone people or single parents then don’t get a seat. And people with trays of hot food have nowhere to eat, while people save tables for well over half an hour while someone in their party queues. By the time their food arrives I could have eaten and gone.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 21, 12:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Gelatoni
Imagineer

Hmm, I would assess it depending on the situation, but generally would get the food then wait my turn for a seat.

If the queue is particularly long, no point in stopping people who are carrying hot food from enjoying it while you are waiting.

On the other side, if it's clear that there are less people in front than seats, then why not grab a table while you wait for your other half.
Gelatoni is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 21, 07:13 AM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

It's the chicken and egg situation. I have said to my step daughter to grab a table but usually when we are near the front of the queue.

But what is the point of all 5 members of the family standing I the queue - this would put me off as I would look at the size of the queue and walk away

Equally if all the tables are full I walk away
Old 3 Oct 21, 07:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Mazbar
Imagineer

Mazbar's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Haycock seating area is just too small, the problem is there is no way to make it bigger. The tyre area blocks it from stretching out. There is a larger area in the Liverpool one. I was in haycock one last Wednesday and had to stand while eating there where people just sitting there with no food or drink while we where eating just waiting for people in the line, it didn’t bother us that much though.
I hope the op did fill up their car at the petrol station like we did no wait and cheap fuel
Mazbar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 21, 07:44 AM  
Link to this Post
jdouds
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Tink Tina View Post
It’s a tricky one!

I personally wouldn’t want to order food, get food and then not have anywhere to sit and eat!
I think most will disagree , food first then table. If everyone did this then there is no problem
jdouds is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 21, 07:47 AM  
Link to this Post
jdouds
Imagineer

Originally Posted by All-smiles View Post
I'm afraid to say I sit down whilst one ques nowadays with kids. I have been caught out many times before with no where to sit but the worst time was with a hungry 2 year old screaming, holding food and trying to find a seat with no luck. I ended up putting her in the trolley and eating it in the car... all to then have to go back in after to take her to the toilet.

That was actually the last time I ever ate there without hubby and is why I now find a table. I have however happily shared my table with anyone needing too if there was a spare space or if there was a que longer than 5 mins I have happily invited people to sit down whilst we waited.
This just make the system not work
jdouds is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 21, 07:47 AM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

The seating area there is rubbish, plus I always think it is a bit grubby. The best solution is to get it when you have done your shopping and then take it back outside to eat. If it’s nothing smelly or messy, I might even let the kids sit in the car with it.😂
marypoppins38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 21, 07:48 AM  
Link to this Post
jdouds
Imagineer

Originally Posted by P&S View Post
I don't put towels on sunbeds but I do find a table to sit at whilst hubbie get's the food, usually we have been shopping and have loads of bags so I sit with them, I just cannot bear having a tray of hot food and standing there whilst it goes cold waiting for a table...
But unfortunately you then make the system not work
Old 3 Oct 21, 07:51 AM  
Link to this Post
jdouds
Imagineer

Originally Posted by 123 View Post
Disagree, you find an empty table and then you know the establishment has the space to enable you to eat your food once you've bought it.

You then go and buy your food.
I think your going into the selfish category 😀😀
Old 3 Oct 21, 07:56 AM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

If I am with my husband then I wait until we are at the front of the queue and he is about to be served before I go off and hunt down a table. That way he joins me only a minute later.
marypoppins38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List