Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 21 Oct 21, 03:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by AdmiralJack View Post
Or alternatively, a company with Disneys resources shouldn't release things unless and until they work seamlessly.
Every single piece of software released by a company will have bugs and glitches in it. Even when released from companies with large resources.

I don't know about you but I find that a lot of Microsoft's products (especially Word) don't exactly work "seamlessly". And many of those have been around for years and have had multiple updates to fix the hundreds of bugs that users have found.

The apps on your phone will usually be updated many times after first release to remove bugs and issues found by people who actually use them in "real life" (as it were). That's how these things work.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 21, 03:56 PM  
Link to this Post
mostlybobbins
slightly serious Dibber

The resources argument really doesn't wash as the bigger the application (and to my mind, this is a huge application) makes it all the more complicated, not easier.

As someone else who's also in the tech sphere, I know that Genie couldn't be tested as you would like them to. Where would it be tested in the real world? With whom? And for how long? The answer to all of those is that you can't. They can run a million simulations, but until humans use it it's just educated guesses based on previous data that isn't an exact replica of today or days hence.

Disney's I.T. has its share of knockers, but what they have to deploy is an suite of applications all under one banner that is disparate but knitted together the best it can. Yeah, it's clunky and can throw up weird anomalies that even frustrate me, but there's nothing 'off the shelf' that can be bought to do what Disney provide. It's a world full of spinning plates, and here's a new set of spinning plates to add in.

As the others have said (and myself in other threads) Genie is days old. They can only learn from people using it. It's literally the only way. To expect otherwise isn't really fair as there's no other benchmark to relate to.
mostlybobbins is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 21, 04:09 PM  
Link to this Post
ThemeParkPro
a Friend of the DIBB

I think they should rename Genie+ to the Bob Paycheck Hustle. What use to be included as part of the very expensive park tickets is now a paid extra. BTW if you pay that $15 per person to skip the 2-3 hour standby line on Rise of the Resistance, you can't get a refund if you need to cancel. On the other hand, if Disney cancels it due to frequent ride breakdowns, you have to wait in line at guest relations to get a gift card instead of a refund.
ThemeParkPro is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 21, 04:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Bad Pink Tink
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ThemeParkPro View Post
I think they should rename Genie+ to the Bob Paycheck Hustle. What use to be included as part of the very expensive park tickets is now a paid extra. BTW if you pay that $15 per person to skip the 2-3 hour standby line on Rise of the Resistance, you can't get a refund if you need to cancel. On the other hand, if Disney cancels it due to frequent ride breakdowns, you have to wait in line at guest relations to get a gift card instead of a refund.
oh stop being so bitter, Maxpass was the same price in Disneyland California and before the shutdown it was loved by people.

WDW people are just having a freak out because they never had to pay, where as Disneyland people are transferring their power gaming plans of Maxpass to Genie+

it seems people are using ANY excuse to mouth off about their supposed displeasure with The Walt Disney Company instead of actually learning and researching Genie+
Bad Pink Tink is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 21, 04:19 PM  
Link to this Post
dan223
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bad Pink Tink View Post
oh stop being so bitter, Maxpass was the same price in Disneyland California and before the shutdown it was loved by people.

WDW people are just having a freak out because they never had to pay, where as Disneyland people are transferring their power gaming plans of Maxpass to Genie+

it seems people are using ANY excuse to mouth off about their supposed displeasure with The Walt Disney Company instead of actually learning and researching Genie+
I think the difference in DL is people at least had the free alternative of a paper ticket instead of having to pay for max pass. It was a bit more inconvenient of course, but it was free. Also bare in mind that people generally only spend 2/3 days at DL compared to much longer at DW.
dan223 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 21, 04:24 PM  
Link to this Post
sophiepop
Imagineer

sophiepop's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Thanks Bad Pink Tink. I will come back and print off that post you made

95 Indian Ridge - 98 Hamiltons Reserve - 00 Omni Rosen - 07 West Stonebridge - 09 Lake Wilson - 11/13/14 Town Centre - 16/18/20 Windwood - 22 Highland - 24 Calabria - 26 Highland
sophiepop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 21, 05:35 PM  
Link to this Post
KBRB
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Bad Pink Tink View Post

I hate the genie more than most. However hating it for IT issues 2 days after launch isnt fair to it.

Mickey views sums it up for me

Id point you to around 11.40

Yet as of right now? My reservation still stands. All be it less time and downgraded hotel
KBRB is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 21, 06:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Originally Posted by ThemeParkPro View Post
BTW if you pay that $15 per person to skip the 2-3 hour standby line on Rise of the Resistance, you can't get a refund if you need to cancel. On the other hand, if Disney cancels it due to frequent ride breakdowns, you have to wait in line at guest relations to get a gift card instead of a refund.
I’m sure that will change as time goes on. Previously if you weren’t going to be able to make an ADR because (for example) your child was asleep or you weren’t feeling well, you could talk to a CM to change the ADR and avoid being charged for a no-show.

In a similar way, I’m sure if you booked an Individual Lightning Lane slot for RotR and there was a genuine reason you weren’t going to be able to use it, CMs would be willing to change it.

Likewise I’m sure there will soon be a way to refund or credit your ILL slot automatically if the ride breaks down.

This system is brand new and it will take time to work the kinks out of it. Disney want you happliy in the parks spending money, not queuing at Guest Service to complain.
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 21, 07:06 PM  
Link to this Post
AliceCooper9
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by KBRB View Post
Mickey views sums it up for me

Id point you to around 11.40

Yet as of right now? My reservation still stands. All be it less time and downgraded hotel
Good video. Mickey Views 100% spot on.
Totally agree with Brayden.
AliceCooper9 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 21, 07:15 PM  
Link to this Post
homerj
Helping Minnie

Originally Posted by Tinkerbell View Post
I'm no fan but equally Ive not used it yet BUT

What did you do between the old fast past ride schedule... We had, for example, SDMT booked at 11am. We arrive at 9.30..we wandered around, went standby on rides with a lesser queue..we didn't rush off to buy stuff...back in the day before FPs you just queued or you didn't.. WDW are not saying if your not riding you must buy stuff, obviously that's what they want you to do but I think it's called constraint... Equally WDW is not just about rushing from one ride to another

I'm not defending Genie+ I've not used it, it's two days old, I'm not going untill 2022/23 it'll come out in the wash eventually, but if the vloggers you watched could only think of buying crap between rides then that's very sad
I agree with this. In the past I would have booked my three fast passes as close together as i could and all usually before lunchtime leaving enought time in between to walk around the park, taking in the sites and sounds and chilling. After i used my last fastpass I would be booking another one, and then after that another one, etc. But i think now that if you have a LL pass booked say for 10.30, your next one might be availble to book until 4pm which is not ideal.

Please understand that i am not moaning juat because i dont like changes, i embrace change and happy to do so, but the changes have to be an improvement over the old way for it to be a success and at the moment genie + does not appear to be better for customers. Having said that, i am not going until july 2022 so maybe ther e will be some enhancements before then.
homerj is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List