Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 21 Oct 21, 06:48 PM  
Link to this Post
amberspy
Imagineer

Recommend me a e-reader

Want buy hubby a new e reader
Can any tell me best get
And best places to download books
amberspy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 21, 06:54 PM  
Link to this Post
ROBBOTOO
Imagineer

Mobile

Kindle and Amazon for me. DH and I both have a paperwhite. They are both a few years old now but both still fine for what we need. Can also download the app to ipad etc to watch on there too.
ROBBOTOO is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 21, 06:56 PM  
Link to this Post
sam7
Imagineer

I agree with getting a kindle. Amazon have lots of books, often free or on offer. You can convert other books to load onto a kindle - but to be honest I have never needed to. All my family have kindles, I have a paperwhite and love it, can read it at night. Think there is now also a waterproof one for reading in the bath
sam7 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 21, 07:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Trouble3
Apprentice Imagineer

Trouble3's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I also recommend the Amazon Kindle. I've had one of the first Kindles (pre keyboard), then upgraded to the Paperwhite, then spoilt myself last year with an Oasis (in the Black Friday sale).

I use my Kindle every day and have the £7.99 a month Kindle Unlimited; works out very cheap for me, as I read so much.

Whatever you do get, also sign up to Bookbub, for emails re cheap/free ebooks.
Old 21 Oct 21, 07:18 PM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Another Kindle fan, I also started off with the original, then had a paper white and now have an Oasis, plus Kindle Unlimited.

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 21, 07:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Leia77
VIP Dibber

Leia77's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Kindle for me too!
Leia77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 21, 07:25 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
I have a kindle. But quite often I use the kindle app on my phone. I love that i can read my book anywhere even when I haven’t got the kindle with me.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 21, 07:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Kindle for us too I’ve an ancient paper white one great for reading in the sun Ian’s is an all singing dancing one but not great out doors to be honest
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 21, 08:04 PM  
Link to this Post
amberspy
Imagineer

Great thanks
Definitely go kindle route and kindle unlimited
Do all kindles have listening feature as well as hubby loves listen to books to
amberspy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 21, 09:04 PM  
Link to this Post
justacey
Apprentice Imagineer

I started with a Kindle Keyboard in 2011 then had a Paperwhite, now I'm on a Voyage. I have over 2,000 books bought mainly from Amazon but have spent only £500 total.

I share my account log in with some family members and they read the books I buy.

I track books on ereaderiq and buy them when the prices drop.

My mother-in-law has just had the basic Kindle - it seems to be just as good as earlier Paperwhites. I expect it will drop to £50 next month in the Black Friday sale. You can buy kindle books even if you don't have a Kindle yet.
You also get 3 months free Kindle Unlimited with a new Kindle. Start going through what's available to see what you fancy.
justacey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List