Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 28 Oct 21, 09:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Diesel_Staffie
Imagineer

Well that’s our holiday cancelled

We will have a just turned 3 year old when we were supposed to go in May, the fact of masks for the whole flight and immigration and then the added supervised Covid tests for 2 years and over has made us cancel.

Absolutely gutted but I cannot and will not put her through that for the sake of a holiday.

Looks like we will be going to Mexico instead, no Covid tests and no masks for children.

Next trip : December 2023
Diesel_Staffie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 21, 09:21 AM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Diesel_Staffie View Post
We will have a just turned 3 year old when we were supposed to go in May, the fact of masks for the whole flight and immigration and then the added supervised Covid tests for 2 years and over has made us cancel.

Absolutely gutted but I cannot and will not put her through that for the sake of a holiday.

Looks like we will be going to Mexico instead, no Covid tests and no masks for children.
I am very sorry to hear that (I have had 3 cancellations thus far).

Had you not considered that a lot can change over several months in what is clearly a fast changing worldwide issue?

Mexico might become more stringent, whilst the USA might ease. I have one booked for Easter 2022, but will leave it as late as I can (without losing money) before making a decision. Mexico or similar can be booked very late indeed. Just a thought!

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 21, 09:27 AM  
Link to this Post
mrsbenny
Imagineer

We are due to go in April and I don’t want added stress either so will probably also be cancelling.
Just wanting clarification of what is actually needed for testing etc
mrsbenny is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 21, 09:35 AM  
Link to this Post
disneypars
Imagineer

Surely a mask will still be required whilst in the airport and the flight?
Old 28 Oct 21, 09:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Leia77
VIP Dibber

Leia77's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Sorry to read this, but I totally get why you cancelled. Part of a holiday is the anticipation - if you’re feeling more stress than excitement when thinking about it, cancelling is probably the right thing to do. It’s a lot of money to spend for something you’re not wholly looking forward to.
Leia77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 21, 09:37 AM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by disneypars View Post
It was over 6 for Jamaica tho.
EssexSue is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 21, 09:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Blue nose
Imagineer

Originally Posted by disneypars View Post
Other countries have a higher age to wear a mask (5/6 I think is most, I'm sure Spain last year was 11) only US insist from age 2.
Blue nose is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 21, 09:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Blue nose
Imagineer

Really sorry you've had to cancel but as others say, a holiday is not worth the stress and upset. Florida will always be there and another destination will give you something to look forward to.
Blue nose is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 21, 09:44 AM  
Link to this Post
MarkUK
Imagineer

Sorry to hear this but I wasn’t aware of Mexico’s more realistic requirements. I might look into this as it’s somewhere I’ve always wanted to visit.
MarkUK is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 21, 09:47 AM  
Link to this Post
MarkUK
Imagineer

Masks are generally required for 6 + or 11+ Luckily.
MarkUK is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List