Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 4 Nov 21, 10:26 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by loldis View Post
The main one that's having this issue is Slinky. Everything else has reasonable waits from what I've seen reported.

But of course, a lot of the vloggers are only reporting on Slinky because shouting that it's hours later and it's a terrible system is more effective for views than being able to get one anywhere else with maybe half an hour wait.
As I say, I’ll see at Xmas, when it’s busy (and should be of greatest benefit) and do a thorough critique. If it’s as great as some seem to think it is, I’ll duly report that. If it’s abysmal I’ll report also (at risk of being called negative).
Old 4 Nov 21, 10:28 AM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
As I say, I’ll see at Xmas, when it’s busy (and should be of greatest benefit) and do a thorough critique. If it’s as great as some seem to think it is, I’ll duly report that. If it’s abysmal I’ll report also (at risk of being called negative).
I won't be using it, but will be monitoring out of curiosity on my trip. You're probably going to get a better response from people being negative atm. No one wants to like Genie.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 21, 10:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
Originally Posted by loldis View Post
The main one that's having this issue is Slinky. Everything else has reasonable waits from what I've seen reported.

But of course, a lot of the vloggers are only reporting on Slinky because shouting that it's hours later and it's a terrible system is more effective for views than being able to get one anywhere else with maybe half an hour wait.
Indeed - and spoon feeds the negativity to those who are actively looking for it and seem to thrive on it.

Molly did all attractions at the Studios using Genie+ as she documented in her recent video.

I've no idea if we're ever done all of the Studios attractions in a single day. I'm guessing probably not, but I don't think we've ever tried. The beauty of our longer stays is we know we'll be in each park a fair few times so don't feel pressured to cram.

But this does illustrate that you can work G+ hard if you want to, and get a decent return...

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 21, 10:33 AM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

I love Molly's videos. I think she's one of the only ones being objective in her approach, pointing out both the positive and negative sides. Can't wait until she does a full day mixing standby and Genie, as this should show the true benefits to your day rather than trying to do only one or the other.
Old 4 Nov 21, 10:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Leia77
VIP Dibber

Leia77's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

You know, it’s ok to have differing views on this. Folk don’t necessarily thrive on being negative - it’s just how they’re feeling about the changes. I’m pleased some folk are feeling positive about it, but not seeing the need for the many “negativity” comments I have seen if others are not yet sold on the new processes.
Leia77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 21, 10:57 AM  
Link to this Post
miked1e
Imagineer

miked1e's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Originally Posted by Leia77 View Post
You know, it’s ok to have differing views on this. Folk don’t necessarily thrive on being negative - it’s just how they’re feeling about the changes. I’m pleased some folk are feeling positive about it, but not seeing the need for the many “negativity” comments I have seen if others are not yet sold on the new processes.
Appreciate people have different views…. However, I do believe some thrive on being negative.

Not saying OP is, but look at the title of this thread for example. Just…. Well…. Negative.

Surely everyone should be fed up of bad news and negativity over the past 18 months and just be excited to get back to FL or wherever instead of moaning about every thing even before things are implemented.

Personally I just don’t get it…. Nor do I want to be dragged down with the negativity.

Edited at 11:09 AM.
miked1e is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 21, 11:00 AM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

There's definitely a strong skew for the negative posts/vlogs performing better. That's just a fact, you can see it in the metrics. And a lot of the vloggers are verging on clickbaiting, so they're going to present the opinion that will sell better.

I personally have a neutral opinion about Genie+ as it doesn't make a difference to me either way. But I do have issues with people being negative purely because it gets them more attention than being objective.
Old 4 Nov 21, 11:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Bad Pink Tink
Imagineer

Originally Posted by miked1e View Post
Appreciate people have different views…. However, I do believe some thrive on being negative.
and some thrive on making assumptions and misreading information and putting their own opinion on facts which causes confusion and negativity
Bad Pink Tink is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 21, 11:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
You know, it’s ok to have differing views on this.
Of course it is, and no-one has suggested otherwise.

Folk don’t necessarily thrive on being negative
There are people who seem to thrive on negativity. It can be witnessed in nearly all walks of life, on almost any subject. That's not to say anyone here is like that. We were discussing many of the local WDW YTers are appealing to a wide base and the smart ones know the buttons to press to tap into emotions and elicit clicks and views.

it’s just how they’re feeling about the changes. I’m pleased some folk are feeling positive about it, but not seeing the need for the many “negativity” comments I have seen if others are not yet sold on the new processes.
I'm not sure any of us can be "sold on the process" as no-one on here has hands-on experience of Genie+ at WDW yet.

However, I have used the near-identical MaxPass system at Disneyland, so know that it can work very well, and save a whole heap of time in wait lines.

What I won't do, unlike others, is write something off before I've had a chance to use it yet, but it is clear that a few people on here have done exactly that. If you can be bothered you can flick back through this thread and see negative post after negative post. There was no pretence at being open-minded.

When it comes down to it, I hope and expect to continue to visit WDW with my family. I've been going for approaching 35 years, and made 30-40 trips there (I think - I have no real idea).

Things have changed a lot over that time, and continue to do so. Some changes look great, and some less so. Regardless, my family has continued to visit, continue to have amazing holidays and continued to make fantastic memories that will live with us forever. I have high confidence that will continue to be the case, despite the introduction of Genie, Genie+ and "fancy rides".

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 21, 11:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Bad Pink Tink View Post
and some thrive on making assumptions and misreading information and putting their own opinion on facts which causes confusion and negativity
A lot of the negativity will be due to cost. For us, it will add a minimum of £400 on top of the new £489 per person tickets and it doesn’t include some of the top tier attractions which will £££’s to our holiday. Our guaranteed free 3 fast passes are now gone.
Moorlandman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List