Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 4 Nov 21, 11:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Leia77
VIP Dibber

Leia77's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
Of course it is, and no-one has suggested otherwise.

There are people who seem to thrive on negativity. It can be witnessed in nearly all walks of life, on almost any subject. That's not to say anyone here is like that. We were discussing many of the local WDW YTers are appealing to a wide base and the smart ones know the buttons to press to tap into emotions and elicit clicks and views.

I'm not sure any of us can be "sold on the process" as no-one on here has hands-on experience of Genie+ at WDW yet.

However, I have used the near-identical MaxPass system at Disneyland, so know that it can work very well, and save a whole heap of time in wait lines.

What I won't do, unlike others, is write something off before I've had a chance to use it yet, but it is clear that a few people on here have done exactly that. If you can be bothered you can flick back through this thread and see negative post after negative post. There was no pretence at being open-minded.

When it comes down to it, I hope and expect to continue to visit WDW with my family. I've been going for approaching 35 years, and made 30-40 trips there (I think - I have no real idea).

Things have changed a lot over that time, and continue to do so. Some changes look great, and some less so. Regardless, my family has continued to visit, continue to have amazing holidays and continued to make fantastic memories that will live with us forever. I have high confidence that will continue to be the case, despite the introduction of Genie, Genie+ and "fancy rides".
We’ll agree to disagree on this one.
Leia77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 21, 11:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
Originally Posted by Leia77 View Post
We’ll agree to disagree on this one.
Which bit do you disagree with - that we'll continue to enjoy WDW family holidays despite this change?

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 21, 11:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
In fact, I'll make it really easy for you, which of my key points do you disagree with?

1. People are allowed to have different opinions on this (and everything else).
2. There are some people in life who seem to thrive on negativity.
3. Over the course of 35 years worth of WDW holidays lots has changed, we've still always had a good time.
4. I expect us to still have a good time at WDW in years to come despite the introduction of Genie+.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 21, 11:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Bozza, I agree with all your 4 points. WDW will still be a great holiday despite the ever increasing cost. It’s just a shame that costs have to rise so much.
Moorlandman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 21, 11:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Leia77
VIP Dibber

Leia77's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
In fact, I'll make it really easy for you, which of my key points do you disagree with?

1. People are allowed to have different opinions on this (and everything else).
2. There are some people in life who seem to thrive on negativity.
3. Over the course of 35 years worth of WDW holidays lots has changed, we've still always had a good time.
4. I expect us to still have a good time at WDW in years to come despite the introduction of Genie+.
That’s nice of you to make it easy for me. But I’m leaving it there.
Leia77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 21, 11:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Leia77
VIP Dibber

Leia77's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by loldis View Post
There's definitely a strong skew for the negative posts/vlogs performing better. That's just a fact, you can see it in the metrics. And a lot of the vloggers are verging on clickbaiting, so they're going to present the opinion that will sell better.

I personally have a neutral opinion about Genie+ as it doesn't make a difference to me either way. But I do have issues with people being negative purely because it gets them more attention than being objective.
I wasn’t talking about vloggers, to be honest. It’s very hard to find a completely impartial one.
Old 4 Nov 21, 12:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Originally Posted by Moorlandman View Post
Bozza, I agree with all your 4 points. WDW will still be a great holiday despite the ever increasing cost. It’s just a shame that costs have to rise so much.
I won't pretend to be delighted to have to pay. I'd much rather spend $15 on a cocktail than the ride queue-jumping which I used to get for free.

But I think some perspective is required here...

Nearly everyone amongst our community here has been to WDW at least once. In many cases, some of us have made many visits and hope/expect to make many more.

We've been in a position where we've been able to spend thousands of pounds on holidays multiple times. We are amongst the most fortunate people alive.

And, as I've said before, most of us have witnessed numerous changes to our special happy place. Attractions were re-themed or permanently closed down. Parades and firework shows were changed or, again, removed. But we returned to WDW and had incredible holidays. We still will.

Part One
Part Two

Edited at 12:28 PM.
Old 4 Nov 21, 12:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Originally Posted by Leia77 View Post
I wasn’t talking about vloggers, to be honest. It’s very hard to find a completely impartial one.
You're talking in riddles and/or failing to answer simple direct questions, so it's quite difficult to understand what you are trying to say, frankly!

Part One
Part Two
Old 4 Nov 21, 01:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Hammerstone
Very Serious Dibber

One question,

When you purchase Genie+, does each party member have to do it of their own accord? IE I can't pay for the wife at the same time as me?

And presumably when I do purchase Genie+, If im the one making the LL reservations, My selections would apply for both, similar to any other reservation? (I'm assuming it asks you your party size before hand)
Hammerstone is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 21, 01:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Bad Pink Tink
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Hammerstone View Post
One question,

When you purchase Genie+, does each party member have to do it of their own accord? IE I can't pay for the wife at the same time as me?

And presumably when I do purchase Genie+, If im the one making the LL reservations, My selections would apply for both, similar to any other reservation? (I'm assuming it asks you your party size before hand)
As far as I can see from reading reports on Disboards, you select which person / ticket to buy Genie+ for. As in its done by ticket not by party. The Genie+ Lightning Lane booking and the Individual Attraction Lightning Lane payments are again per ticket not per party.

I may be reading it wrong, but thats what it seems to me, but I'm sure people will come along and correct me
Bad Pink Tink is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List