Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 9 Nov 21, 12:22 PM  
Link to this Post
2littleboys
Imagineer

2littleboys's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Covid Recovery - Testing Requirements for Spain

My full family are currently recovering from Covid and we are due to fly to Tenerife in 56 days.

I thought that as my 15 year old son has only had 1 vaccine and my 10 year old has had none they required fit to fly tests before we went.

However what is the protocol now they are in the 90 day recovery period from Covid and also what happens with the 2 day PCR test on return for us all?

Thank you for any advice as I find this a complete minefield of information.
2littleboys is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 21, 08:14 PM  
Link to this Post
sparkles18
Imagineer

We went to Lanzarote in August and our 15 year old had to have a fit to fly PCR as he was classed as unvaccinated.

Unfortunately the problem you may have is that your 15 year old may still test positive doing a PCR test as the advise is not to take a PCR until 90 days after recovering from covid.

Children under 12 are except from departure testing so your 10 year old does not have to do a test.

Unfortunately the Canary Islands do not accept the Covid Recovery Certificate.

You will also have to fill in the Spanish Health Form too

You will all need to do a day 2 test when arriving home but it only has to be a LFT.

Below is the link to the Canary Island Tourist Board that is on the FCDO site that gives you all the revelent details:
hellocanaryislands/t...anary-islands/

This link is from Tui which is pretty good too for information for the different countries:

tui/holidays/where...ons-091121.pdf
sparkles18 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 21, 05:13 PM  
Link to this Post
2littleboys
Imagineer

2littleboys's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

I honestly can’t make head nor tail of these requirements. Looking online it looks as though my son needs a test to go, a test while there then day 2 and 8 tests on return and needs to self isolate?

2littleboys is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 21, 09:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Blue nose
Imagineer

Originally Posted by 2littleboys View Post
I honestly can’t make head nor tail of these requirements. Looking online it looks as though my son needs a test to go, a test while there then day 2 and 8 tests on return and needs to self isolate?

Is that for adults rather than kids?

As PP says you need a negative PCR to go to the Canaries for your 15 yr old and test before day 2 of your return.
Blue nose is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 21, 11:50 PM  
Link to this Post
sparkles18
Imagineer

Mobile

Have a look at this link from Tui that gives the UK entry requirements. Scroll down for the Scottish requirements.

tui/holidays/where...-NI-011121.pdf
sparkles18 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Nov 21, 11:03 AM  
Link to this Post
TigerGirl
Very Serious Dibber

We are in that tricky age bracket too. Supposed to be going to Copenhagen after Boxing Day. 13 yr old currently has Covid so heave knows how that will work out and 15 year old only has 1 vaccination. Could cry at lack of information
TigerGirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 21, 07:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

Originally Posted by TigerGirl View Post
We are in that tricky age bracket too. Supposed to be going to Copenhagen after Boxing Day. 13 yr old currently has Covid so heave knows how that will work out and 15 year old only has 1 vaccination. Could cry at lack of information
We are similar for Prague week before Xmas 12 year old one jab and positive a few weeks ago. With new requirements on return to U.K. we have accepted we will not be going. Holiday number 6 cancelled still I guess we all except that there is a risk booking at the minute.
Sew109 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 21, 08:20 AM  
Link to this Post
millerj
Helping Minnie

We went to Greece for October half term and my DS12 had at that time had not had his vaccination. He had covid 3 weeks before we traveled and we landed back 3 days before the rules changed to LFT so we all did 2 day PCR

We spoke to lots of different people about the risk of his showing positive within 90 days and the majority (medical professionals as well as health authorities) said only 10% still show positive within the 90 days

We took the risk and he showed negative on a PCR 4 weeks (28 days) after testing positive

There is still a risk but just wanted to give your our experience as it was something I was very worried about so can completely empathise with your situation

One of the things that was suggested to us is to take him for an NHS PCR 1 week prior to travelling as a test run, we didn’t but it might be an option to help put mind at rest
millerj is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 21, 09:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

Originally Posted by millerj View Post
We went to Greece for October half term and my DS12 had at that time had not had his vaccination. He had covid 3 weeks before we traveled and we landed back 3 days before the rules changed to LFT so we all did 2 day PCR

We spoke to lots of different people about the risk of his showing positive within 90 days and the majority (medical professionals as well as health authorities) said only 10% still show positive within the 90 days

We took the risk and he showed negative on a PCR 4 weeks (28 days) after testing positive

There is still a risk but just wanted to give your our experience as it was something I was very worried about so can completely empathise with your situation

One of the things that was suggested to us is to take him for an NHS PCR 1 week prior to travelling as a test run, we didn’t but it might be an option to help put mind at rest

I can’t vouch for PCR I tested positive 5 or 6 weeks ago and still show positive in LFT Amy wife doesn’t but she showed negative when I was positive but positive on PCR at the same time as me.
Sew109 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List