Notices
TV and Film This forum is for those DIBB members that want to discuss TV and Films.

Old 20 Nov 21, 04:41 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by JoJo88 View Post
Apologies. You’re not as observant as I assumed. How egotistic of me.

(I thought if you knew the details of the TV shows my mum watches, you’d have clocked that we are related somewhere along the line)
Guess it’s easy to assume everyone reads every post
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 21, 08:33 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Lindaelaine View Post
You appear to think that George should be kept away from the public eye and I don't it's as simple as that, you seem to be going off on a tangent now bringing reality shows into it, I can't engage with you anymore as this is getting silly.
Yes I do, it appears that royal kids , just like celebrity’s kids seem to do better raised away from the goldfish bowl as much as possible . Harry was clearly damaged and has struggled with mental health his whole life (but was expected to plough on , stiff upper lip and all that jazz) and feels the goldfish bowl had a big contribution (I still think making those kids parade their grief at Diana’s funeral was horribly cruel) compared to say his cousins Peter and Zara who were pretty much left to grow up unrecognised with the very odd “public appearance”.
Even Charles as heir was largely left alone until he was of age but the current generation are expected to be tabloid fodder paraded from birth . Harry lived it and didn’t like it and didn’t want it for his own children , and boy did that make the tabloids angry. William and Kate appear to understand that if they appease the tabloids they won’t suffer the same.
People still felt they had a “right” to photos of Lili , it’s unclear why.
Famous people (royal or not) have chosen that life , their kids didn’t. It’s equally distasteful seeing say Jordan using her kids as publicity “objects”.

Edited at 08:37 AM.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 21, 09:07 AM  
Link to this Post
levtweeney
Imagineer

levtweeney's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I can’t see the issue really.

I have said this before they (M and H) have a very expensive lifestyle over in the US. This is just a fact of life, the have a finite amount of time to make good money to see them through the rest of their lives. So they do the odd show now and again to raise their profile and make some dough. Who wouldn’t do this? All of us would I expect. Top health care and education costs a fortune in America. Make hay while the sun shines ☀️

If I had a royal title I would want it used everywhere. Even going to the loo I would expect to be announced…

“His Royal Highness The Prince Levtweeney, Duke of Newcastle, Earl of Wey aye man, Baron of Greggs Pasty, Royal Knight of the Most Noble Order of the Garter is going to the loo 🚽 “
Old 21 Nov 21, 10:30 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

If they were still supported by the Crown I could understand the angst , we supported the last two spares far longer Airmiles Andy and Mustique Margaret. Harry since his early twenties always said he saw himself living abroad later in life. I can understand whilst he was third in line it wasn’t possible but once William secured the line it was inevitable.
Old 21 Nov 21, 10:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Feebee2
Imagineer

Originally Posted by duchy View Post
Duchess is the title the Queen bestowed on her husband . Had the Queen not wished her to use it, she’d have removed Harry’s dukedom. What you want is irrelevant , it’s what the Queen wants that has relevance.
It’s no different you signing a letter as Mrs Sparksy and someone saying you shouldn’t use your husband’s title but continue to be known as Miss Lightening just because they don’t like you. Harry is a Duke so she is a Duchess, if he was a mister, she’d be a missus . The Queen has chosen not to remove the titles , as is her right. Her family, her decision.

The constant pettiness about these two is ridiculous and spiteful.
Why on earth if people “don’t care” are they so invested?
If I don’t care about something, I don’t post endlessly about it.
But you defend the Sussex's by attacking the rest of the Royal family.
Feebee2 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 21, 10:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
If they were still supported by the Crown I could understand the angst , we supported the last two spares far longer Airmiles Andy and Mustique Margaret. Harry since his early twenties always said he saw himself living abroad later in life. I can understand whilst he was third in line it wasn’t possible but once William secured the line it was inevitable.
I think this is where we view it differently. I see doing interviews talking about the royals, writing books, getting megabucks deals with Netflix etc as still being supported by the crown although not directly. They wouldn’t be doing these things without the connection and are just trading in on the titles. Meghan’s a clever girl, she could make a good career for herself without it. Not so sure about Harry ! If they weren’t using the titles as a cash cow, weren’t selling stories about the royals and enjoying the private life Harry craved then people would be happy for them.

The Queen will never remove their titles. It isn’t her decision anyway as it would need to be done by Parliament. I think eventually the couple will renounce their own titles. I would certainly respect them if they did.

Edited at 10:58 AM.
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 21, 12:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Originally Posted by Smilesonfaces View Post
I think this is where we view it differently. I see doing interviews talking about the royals, writing books, getting megabucks deals with Netflix etc as still being supported by the crown although not directly. They wouldn’t be doing these things without the connection and are just trading in on the titles. Meghan’s a clever girl, she could make a good career for herself without it. Not so sure about Harry ! If they weren’t using the titles as a cash cow, weren’t selling stories about the royals and enjoying the private life Harry craved then people would be happy for them.

The Queen will never remove their titles. It isn’t her decision anyway as it would need to be done by Parliament. I think eventually the couple will renounce their own titles. I would certainly respect them if they did.
Exactly this!
Sparksy72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 21, 12:31 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

I suspect if they really were minded to “sell stories about the royals” it’d be a lot juicer than critiquing the grey suits and they’d have named the “what colour will your babies be” royal.
Do I think they had their feelings hurt and also William is miffed , sure I do but most of this stuff is the tabloids making mountains out of molehills over family stuff . Younger brother quits family firm and older brother doesn’t like it, is hardly unusual in family businesses. Neither is blaming the younger brother’s wife for everything !
KP clearly has more leaks than a sieve but all that means is that William has no control over his staff or is allowing it to happen . He doesn’t appear too concerned that Jason Knauf broke his NDA repeatedly over a long period so that points to the latter.
Whilst the tabloid click bait is so easily swallowed , this will continue. When the press move onto new prey it will stop.

Originally Posted by Smilesonfaces View Post

Old 21 Nov 21, 12:34 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Feebee2 View Post
But you defend the Sussex's by attacking the rest of the Royal family.
Am I ?
I see nothing in the post you quoted “attacking the royal family”
Old 21 Nov 21, 01:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
I suspect if they really were minded to “sell stories about the royals” it’d be a lot juicer than critiquing the grey suits and they’d have named the “what colour will your babies be” royal.
Do I think they had their feelings hurt and also William is miffed , sure I do but most of this stuff is the tabloids making mountains out of molehills over family stuff . Younger brother quits family firm and older brother doesn’t like it, is hardly unusual in family businesses. Neither is blaming the younger brother’s wife for everything !
KP clearly has more leaks than a sieve but all that means is that William has no control over his staff or is allowing it to happen . He doesn’t appear too concerned that Jason Knauf broke his NDA repeatedly over a long period so that points to the latter.
Whilst the tabloid click bait is so easily swallowed , this will continue. When the press move onto new prey it will stop.
Jason Knauf was finally forced to break his NDA after MM lied to the court and anyone else that would listen that she was not involved with the book finding Freedom, despite him having texts and emails from both MM and Harry proving otherwise. I would hope that any person with knowledge of lies being presented as fact in a court case would come forward and share that information.

standard/insider/j...y-b965841.html
Sparksy72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List