Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 16 Nov 21, 12:02 AM  
Link to this Post
papasmurf
Imagineer

Premium economy with BA or business class with aer Lingus

If you had a choice, what would you go with.

AL is a bit more expensive but doesn’t look a patch on BA business class. But BA business is extortionate.

My choice is premium with ba or business with AL.

What would you choose?
papasmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 21, 12:48 AM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Look at the single seats on AL business, especially K seats on the A330 that have extra space. Much better than the old yin/yang seats in BA Club that is used on the MCO route. And miles ahead of premium.

Edited at 12:50 AM.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 21, 01:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Crisps
Proud to wear my Ears

BA’s 777s, the aircraft they use on the Orlando route, are gradually getting refurbished - the “yin-yang” seats will soon be no more and in their place will be suites similar to Virgin A350 upper class (but with a door that actually closes all the way!) Personally, I’d go with AL, I believe their business class is also suite style, and I’ve heard mixed reports on service levels in BA business class - they can be very stingy with the complimentary refreshments from what I’ve read! Also, BA’s premium on the 777s is in a tight 2-4-2 config, the same as Virgin’s A350s but tighter than the 2-3-2 config seen on Virgin’s older aircraft and on TUI (I don’t think AL do premium?), making premium just one person per row fewer than economy and a bit tight for a supposedly premium product in my view.
Crisps is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 21, 01:25 AM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

They're operating the Gatwick 777s on the MCO route though (even out of LHR currently) which presumably are last on the list to get the suite upgrades, with those cabins being allocated to more premium routes.

I would rate the BA suites above AL for sure (not that I've flown them yet, going off reviewers I trust) but AL above the old CW cabin. I just really dislike those seats.

Edited at 01:29 AM.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 21, 04:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

We've done it all
For us it's really no difference butbweve global entry if we hadn't the are Lingus option would be our choice any any thing that cuts down immigration at MCO
The Lingus lounge is lovely and well stocked
It's also easy to do a weekend in Dublin stop over if you book direct codt us £15 each to arrive Friday mid day and leave mid day
That was Glasgow to San Francisco Feb 2020
We also could have got a great B&B deal at the Maldron Hotel at the airport which is great fir taxis to the centre etc butbwe stsyed with friends on the coast in their amazing house near the beach
Would we do,it again yes if the price is right
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 21, 12:43 PM  
Link to this Post
NM19
Trying for More Ears

I have booked business class Manchester to Orlando with Aer Lingus and return via New York .
Can you tell me which if any lounges i will have access to at the airports?
NM19 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 21, 12:57 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

I’d rather fly anyone lie flat transatlantic than sit up all night flying home .
I’d hopefully be sleeping for most of it so the frills don’t bother me.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 21, 01:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Pinchy
Imagineer

I use Aer Lingus business a lot getting to the States because for me going via Dublin is better than London. I wouldn't say it's not a patch on BA business. When I go alone I actually prefer it now as I can get much more space around me than I can with BA.
Pinchy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List