Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 18 Nov 21, 12:50 AM  
Link to this Post
catalunya
Excited about Disney

It’s only been 1063 days - Day 2 - AK and bar crawl!

I knew I shouldn’t have left these until the end of the holiday to do - I am now doing to struggle to remember what we did!

Day 2, we got up early and did rope drop at AK. We really wanted to get on FoP before it got busy and we succeeded, we were on and off in a mere 15 min. We then headed to Navi River Journey which was a walk on and had Pandora done ✅

We stopped for a photo and some breakfast at Pongu Pongu before we decided to mooch over to Everest. This was a ten min wait. I bloomin love that ride! We then hit dinosaur and that was a walk on too. To be honest we had done all the rides we wanted to do by about 10am!

We then decided to hit up all the snacks we wanted, including the 50th anniversary Mickey bar which was absolutely delicious with the added blue raspberry- they add this by hand and it was sooo good.

We saw a few river cavalcades come by while we snacked by Wallahwallah which was a great spot to be at and see these.

We then wanted to do some pin trading so we went to 4 locations. A lot of them are now doing pin roulette, where they have numbered boxes and you pick at random, you can then choose to swap or not. A really fun way of doing it.

We then caught a bit of Kitetails. In my opinion not a must do but if you’re walking past the lagoon and see it, stop for a few min, very impressive how they handle it, but we’re glad we didn’t make the effort to build it into our day.

We then watched Celebration of the Festival of the Lion King, a cut down of the original but still brilliant with the singers and performers.

More snacks after that with chicken fried rice from Yak and Yeti, a must do for us and then Mac and cheese from Eight Spoon - you’ll soon see we’re there for the snacks more than anything else!

We wanted to get into Nomad Lounge as its been on our bucket list for a while. We went over at opening and it was packed and with a wait list. Couldn’t even get in via the app. The one downside of this mobile app world and it wasn’t to be our only bar fail this day either.

We went to Restaurantosaurus Lounge instead which was a fab little find we hadn’t been to before and I tried a 50th cocktail, the Firefly Appletini which was lush and came with a glow cube which was I was very pleased about! Mine have all died!

It got to about 1pm and we had decided to shoot off as we wanted to go to GF to see the gingerbread house and go to DS before our Wine Bar George res at 7.

We stopped at the Polynesian first to try and get into Trader Sam’s, we got there at 3.30 and it was a 90min wait! So we ended up in the terrace, which was lovely but not quite the same. That’ll be on the bucket list for May’s trip.

We then went via monorail and saw the gingerbread house which was in 50th colours and looked brilliant. We then decided to go to the Enchanted Rose bar which was absolutely stunning. I would happily spend a lot more time there if I had endless money! Great cocktails and great service.

We then took the bus from GF to DS where we mooched and then went to Wine Bar George. This had been on our list for a while and it was lovely, albeit pricey. We had the steak sharer main and two wines which was great, steak was lovely and the wine obviously good.

After this we had a bit of shopping to do and then went to Amorettes for pudding. I had this gorgeous Christmas cake.

Another busy day and we were in bed quickly for an early start at Epcot the next day…
POR - May 2015 | DLP Newport Bay - Nov 2016 | SSR - May 2017 | Surprise BC upgrade! - Dec 2018 | ASM & SFR - Nov 2021 | PFB & CBR - Sept 2022 | POP & DCL Magic - June 2023 | PFB - Sept 2023 | DCL Dream - Dec 2023 | Universal - May 2024
catalunya is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 21, 01:13 AM  
Link to this Post
dannigizmo
Serious Dibber

Sounds like a fab 2nd day and yes I am all there for those AK snacks u had my mouth is watering!
Think I might need to go see the Gingerbread House while there!

Thanks for sharing!
dannigizmo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 21, 01:16 AM  
Link to this Post
catalunya
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by dannigizmo View Post
Sounds like a fab 2nd day and yes I am all there for those AK snacks u had my mouth is watering!
Think I might need to go see the Gingerbread House while there!

Thanks for sharing!
AK really is one the best places for snacks in my opinion! I usually have a list for it 🤣

Def go see the house, worth a trip to see and lovely to just be in the GF, can’t beat the ambiance there
POR - May 2015 | DLP Newport Bay - Nov 2016 | SSR - May 2017 | Surprise BC upgrade! - Dec 2018 | ASM & SFR - Nov 2021 | PFB & CBR - Sept 2022 | POP & DCL Magic - June 2023 | PFB - Sept 2023 | DCL Dream - Dec 2023 | Universal - May 2024
catalunya is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 21, 11:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Orlandoguy
Imagineer

Sounds like a gd day I love animal kingdom the nomad lounge is a must…..if you can get in it’s just to popular
Orlandoguy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 21, 11:05 AM  
Link to this Post
nolypops83
VIP Dibber

I'm really hoping we get to go to Nomad lounge after missing it last time, but slightly worried about crowds. Do they let you join the wait list and come back later or do you have to wait there in a queue?
Old 18 Nov 21, 05:24 PM  
Link to this Post
catalunya
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by nolypops83 View Post
I'm really hoping we get to go to Nomad lounge after missing it last time, but slightly worried about crowds. Do they let you join the wait list and come back later or do you have to wait there in a queue?
You can try and join the waitlist on the day via the app, we were just a bit slow at finding this out though so when we walked up, there was a big queue outside, not sure if they were app waiting listers or chancing walk ups tbh - definitely worth trying the app though.

Trader Sams were doing walk up in person waiting list though and took a number off you to then text you back when the table was ready.
Old 18 Nov 21, 07:04 PM  
Link to this Post
WIGGYSMUM
VIP Dibber

WIGGYSMUM's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
What another great day , that Christmas cake looked amazing 😋
WIGGYSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 21, 10:08 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

A great 2nd day. I am loving all the snacks such a shame you couldn't get into Nomad and Trader Sams though, I hope you manage to go on your next trip x
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 21, 10:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
A fun day at AK lots of rides and enjoying the cavalcades. Disappointing to not get into the lounges, we love Nomad lounge, next time for sure!

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 21, 08:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Cinderella
Imagineer

What a lovely cake 🍰
Cinderella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List